PDA

View Full Version : Beatport

StoQ
04-12-2006, 03:44 PM
anyone sell tracks with this site? i'd like to know more about them.I sent them mail but didn't recieve answer.

koma
04-12-2006, 04:07 PM
I sent them mail but didn't recieve answer.

i had similiar experience.
sent email, no answer...

Clit Commander
05-12-2006, 07:26 AM
They're very picky about who submissions they accept. To be honest there is no rhyme or reason with their method. Some huge labels have been turned down by Beatport and some small unknown labels have done really well on Beatport. I guess all I can say is don't take it personally if they don't answer back, because it happens people big and small. Quality control is a factor that Beatport is going to have to rely on heavily in the future if they want to stay at number one.

If you're lucky and get an account with Beatport, it can go either way. If your music sucks or it's outdated stuff, it won't sell. If it's quality music and somewhat relevant to the time, it will probably sell. I have a buddy who runs a progressive house label on there, he no longer puts out vinyl but runs mp3s solely. Every quarter he gets a nice check for a few hundred bucks after paying the artists what they are owed. You can't complain about free money.

Oh, and anybody who says MP3s don't sell is full of sh*t.

StoQ
05-12-2006, 09:20 PM
i wonder if they gets any precent of money transfered from users???

Clit Commander
06-12-2006, 05:14 AM
I think the usual agreement is 60/40 of the profits, in favor of the label. Also, they charge you separately for the bandwidth and similar things. It's usually not too expensive but kind of a cheap move if they're making 40% off the sales already.

The Overfiend
06-12-2006, 06:50 PM
Isn't Bad Boy Bill an owner?

StoQ
10-12-2006, 11:15 AM
how to promote such site like this when you start? how do ya think is it worth to start site like this? I've written to djdownloads, beatport, recordstore.co.uk, 2thebeat.com and none of them replied. This pisses me off when i'm trying to start selling my stuff on digital

so are there only 4 sites that sell mp3s?

koma
10-12-2006, 12:27 PM
so are there only 4 sites that sell mp3s?

what about trackitdown, audiojelly, dancetrackdigital, juno...?

nEiL_M
10-12-2006, 01:26 PM
Luckily i have an account with Beatport and as an independent label we do really well of there, The way you submit material is different and easy to use, They have been a bit shaky with payments but this is due to $ to £ situation.

Juno are really good, They have just started pushing wavs more which imo is the way forward, Better sound quality and more money for the label and artist, upload easy.

Trackitdown are ok, there upload is a nightmare and does not work very well most of the time, only been using a short time so not much to say.

Im not sure what stuff you will be selling but Addictech.com are good, have a very good collection of labels on there now and is doing very well (Based on the west coast US)

278d7e64a374de26f==