PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool Takeover

Numeric
05-12-2006, 04:14 PM
how you feelin about this Kopites?

yeah it's grim that another big English team is to be bought by a foreigner, but at least you'll have some dollar to splash about...

i just hope Benitez buys a bunch of duffers...

:laughing:

Insomnia
05-12-2006, 10:46 PM
Another team getting taken over, i hear the guy is going to plough
£450 million into the club, we better watch out!!

Will
06-12-2006, 05:18 AM
I can't beleive they're only valued at £170m, £250m is for the stadium and £80m for debts, so none of the £450m is for players... I think it's very sad that another big English club appears to be going that way, it's about time something was done, it's getting ridiculous, Arsenal will be the only big club not reduced to a foreign billionaires play thing, and I hope that never changes.

It's not like the current board has had no offers from real fans and to be honest it doesn't say much about Liverpool if they need some rich sugar daddy to pay for their stadium etc. I hope it doesn't happen, but it looks like it will... I for one would rather Arsenal won nothing than go down that route though, I'd call that selling the soul of the club.

phantomdj
06-12-2006, 06:59 PM
apparently he is not going to do a chelsea and 'buy' success in terms of picking the best players due to endless funds... funds will be limited for players which i am happy about because success the chelsea way is not honourable.

if this is so then i won't feel too bad because reading into the devotion he put into horse racing, he seems much better suited than the zionists at chelsea. he did put millions into the arsenal stadium too will!

Numeric
27-12-2006, 03:04 PM
there's an article in the Telegraph today that claims the people involved in the Liverpool takeover see their investment as purely a business deal built round the new stadium...

when they sell in seven years' time they are hoping to make a huge profit and they appear to be no plans to invest in new players!!

not lookin good for the Kopites...

:laughing:

Richierush
27-12-2006, 11:43 PM
I can't beleive they're only valued at £170m, £250m is for the stadium and £80m for debts, so none of the £450m is for players... I think it's very sad that another big English club appears to be going that way, it's about time something was done, it's getting ridiculous, Arsenal will be the only big club not reduced to a foreign billionaires play thing, and I hope that never changes.

It's not like the current board has had no offers from real fans and to be honest it doesn't say much about Liverpool if they need some rich sugar daddy to pay for their stadium etc. I hope it doesn't happen, but it looks like it will... I for one would rather Arsenal won nothing than go down that route though, I'd call that selling the soul of the club.

Arsenal have enough foreigns in there team thats probably why it hasnt been taken over by a foreign billionaire,if it was that would be a big joke

278d7e64a374de26f==