PDA

View Full Version : Can this be right?

Si the Sigh
21-10-2003, 01:43 PM
DAVE the Drummer EXCLUSIVE to Magna 7 on New Years Eve? The even looks proper hard house to me!? Go check the link: http://www.bangingtunes.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB2&Number=532926&page=0& sb=5&o=&fpart=1 :shock:

Si the Sigh
21-10-2003, 01:46 PM
I like this quote as well: "makes me larf...if they had some unknown techno DJ turn up and play a techno/acid techno set, most would probably not like it, but cos its Dave the Drummer they'll all say they love it"

Esox Lucius
21-10-2003, 02:01 PM
I thought Dave the Drummer was hard house??? ;) ;)

Si the Sigh
21-10-2003, 02:07 PM
Downy! that was well below the belt!

Esox Lucius
21-10-2003, 02:27 PM
it was a joke simon :roll:

Si the Sigh
21-10-2003, 02:31 PM
...i know you slut. i forgot to add this little chap --> :lol: EDIT!

Esox Lucius
21-10-2003, 02:33 PM
remember it next time cider sigh :lol:

dan the acid man
21-10-2003, 02:47 PM
remember it next time cider sigh :lol:

downwards is on a roll today :lol: :lol:

Jimfish
21-10-2003, 03:13 PM
poor dave :shock:

ampassasinbirmingham
21-10-2003, 07:02 PM
i think its a case of not knowing what the event was. Either that or someone is on smack.

come to think of it, the acid techno section has been moved into the hard house in my local record store. Bit shit really aint it????

I think its because all the hard housers are cottoning on to acid techno because hard house is dying a death.

davethedrummer
21-10-2003, 07:40 PM
aha i've been discovered!!!
well it's a mixture of things really

1. the techno or acid techno scene is so quiet right now that i'm takang whatever i can get,
sorry to be a slag but you try playing every weekend to only 10 people rattling around in a club and retaining your enthusiasm for it all.
basically with the exception of he squat paties which i can't go to these days 'cos of the baby
and gigs like antiworld there isn't ll that much happenning for us london boys
well not in the u.k. anyway.
the hard house scene on the other hand is learning from it's mistakes and booking djs who are playing something a bit different to the norm and it seems to be going down well enough. also it give us old men a chance to show these young hard housers how acid techno should be played!

2. as i said before i've got to support my family from my djing these days
and although i'm working on other ways to do this to free up some time
i still rely heavily on performing for my income.
ive spent years and years not getting paid goping to squat parties for the hell of it writing tunes during the week and spending every free cent on gear/studios this includes all the time i spent with back to the planet touring squatting etc.

it's just time for me to get real about what it is i actually do and what kind of people my music mainly appeals to
well it ain't the techno people i know that for a fact!

all i can say is don't worry ( if you are worried / give a shit )
playing these kind of events won't make the blindest bit of difference to the music or the underground gigs it's juts a god offer that i can't refuse.
and it'll probably be a laugh ( perhaps not after hours of hard house but there you go )

can't have the cake and eat it???????

The Overfiend
21-10-2003, 07:45 PM
Now that's the real world for you.
Very humble approach...

Si the Sigh
21-10-2003, 08:22 PM
What can I say? Fair enough Henry! Hope it goes well. Don't forget you hard house ear plugs though! :lol:

Spooney
21-10-2003, 08:23 PM
Im starting to notice more of the acid techno producers remixing on hard house labels aswell :roll:

kebabman
21-10-2003, 10:10 PM
also it give us old men a chance to show these young hard housers how acid techno should be played!

It will also give you a chance to show them how to mix. Also the fat one from Tidy Trax says he's got Mark in his sites for a Tidy event.
Anyone going to see Mark and Chris Lib on Friday in Brum?

anx
22-10-2003, 01:15 AM
damn. it was rumoured you were playing in saskatoon, canada for new years. woulda made the drive for that one.

o well

davethedrummer
22-10-2003, 08:46 PM
yeah sorry aboot that
hehe

brian organised it but i really didn't want to do the journey at that time of year.
again it's the family we are gonna spend x mas and most of ny together
so i'm glad i'm playing in the u.k.
sorry about that though i do love saskatoon
maybe some other time???

anx
22-10-2003, 09:25 PM
yes some other time, i havnt heard any of you london punks since chris on new years!!! next time will be chris again on boxing day!! this city stinks for techno :P

u gotta come to calgary next summer man. this annual festival in july called motion notion which is close to edmonton, is totally awesome. actually i was trying to get you for the one last year cause you were in town that weekend, but somehow Levi made sure you didnt know about it even tho u coulda played the friday night

he can be such a wankstain sometimes :roll:

Si the Sigh
23-10-2003, 07:44 AM
'wankstain'... :lol:

MARKEG
23-10-2003, 10:30 AM
i couldn't have summed the situation up any better. i feel exactly the same about certain gigs. a) you have life to support (we're not getting any younger and b) there's nothing wrong with taking your sound to new ppl. if this means hard housers then so be it. good luck spreading the message henry :)
[/i]

Si the Sigh
23-10-2003, 10:31 AM
...just watch out for the glo-sticks! :shock: :lol:

dan the acid man
23-10-2003, 12:33 PM
and the dummies and whistles,
i,ll tell you what though, its a great venue

spiralx
23-10-2003, 12:46 PM
1. the techno or acid techno scene is so quiet right now that i'm takang whatever i can get,
sorry to be a slag but you try playing every weekend to only 10 people rattling around in a club and retaining your enthusiasm for it all.
Fair enough - I'd much rather you played out for some decent money than have to get a real job ;)

Si the Sigh
23-10-2003, 12:54 PM
...like working in McDonalds! :shock: "Do you want 303's with that Big Mac sir?"

dan the acid man
23-10-2003, 01:46 PM
...like working in McDonalds! :shock: "Do you want 303's with that Big Mac sir?"
haha :lol:

davethedrummer
23-10-2003, 06:53 PM
i'll probably be cleaning toilets when i'm 60

" i used to be a dj y'know " etc etc etc

still...i'm not going to worry about that right now.

MistaMischief
23-10-2003, 07:52 PM
I would Love 2 Have and HEAR you back here in the City of SARRS......Mind you that is a thing of the past(Sarrs)..4 Now.......But on the REal..IS there Any c0nfirmed Date's 4 you Mista Drummer back in The Toronto Area :!:..You HAve Quite the FAn Club here and ArounD the Globe...Keep Chugg-a luggin the techno...... :clap:

dan the acid man
23-10-2003, 08:16 PM
mmm, chugg a luggin, great name for a label

Patrick
23-10-2003, 09:08 PM

Well, it'll make a change from hugging them. Yaaaaauuuuuwwwwwpppp! ;)

Si the Sigh
24-10-2003, 07:43 AM

" i used to be a dj y'know " etc etc etc

still...i'm not going to worry about that right now.

ha ha! I can picture it now Henry! you stood in some toilets, mop in hand pestering some suit & tie trying to have a slash, going on about techno, how you used to DJ, and produce, and the suit just wanting to shake off and run away from the nutter! :lol: :lol: :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==