PDA

View Full Version : Man Utd vs Benfica

Numeric
06-12-2006, 12:58 PM
United should have qualified for the next stage of the Champions League against Celtic a couple of weeks back, but as it stands we now need a point from tonights fixture to progress...

Benfica kicked us out of the competition last season, but i have every faith that we'll get the result tonight at Old Trafford...

c'mon United!!

Esox Lucius
06-12-2006, 02:10 PM
United should have qualified for the next stage of the Champions League against Celtic a couple of weeks back, but as it stands we now need a point from tonights fixture to progress...

Benfica kicked us out of the competition last season, but i have every faith that we'll get the result tonight at Old Trafford...

c'mon United!!

i reckon you will be alright.

Grenoybel
06-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Sport Lisboa e Benfica \o/

It's going to be dificult if not impossible do my team (benfica) win it, but hope is the last thing to die!

I'll just expect to be a good game, and whoever qualifies make the best they can in the following rounds!

Esox Lucius
06-12-2006, 04:22 PM
fair play man, good luck to benfica but i reckon united will win.

french_og
06-12-2006, 04:53 PM
Boa tarde Grenoybel

benfica bom da sorte!!!

djfase
06-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Ive a gut feeling both english teams will be turned over

Insomnia
06-12-2006, 07:46 PM
Think Man u Will get a least a draw and be safe...

DJsmallpaul
06-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Yea i can see utd scraping through......he say's as Benfica score :cheese:

Celtic one down

prozac
06-12-2006, 08:16 PM
what a goal by nelson...

fatcollective
06-12-2006, 10:57 PM
come oooooooooooooon!! 3- 1 ..that will do niceley!!

Grenoybel
07-12-2006, 03:11 AM
Boa tarde Grenoybel

benfica bom da sorte!!!

Almost there french_og :cheese:

but the bit of good luck would be "benfica Boa sorte" or "Boa sorte ao Benfica"

About the game, I didn't see it, has I was working (only hear it through, but like games before with teams of superior "human material" (lol), Benfica just tremble apart after the first goal, once again it seems that the Coach Fernando Santos can't make the players to believe in them selfs against all odds, and can't make them achieve a level of stamina like other "top" clubs.

Said for me, great for others!

But who f*** cares! lol

Will
07-12-2006, 04:41 AM
At least Porto went through, I expect you're happy about that, right?? Better them than CSKA Moscow I reckon! All 4 English clubs are through, not bad, be interesting to see the draw, bring them on I say! I'd love it if we knocked Barca out in the next round, but then there'd be the chance of going out early if we meet them, whereas we should have a good chance against anyone else. Not that Barca are that much stronger than the rest...

Grenoybel
07-12-2006, 06:06 AM
yeah, FC Porto passed, that's great, but not the same thing, if you know what i mean.

Undoubtly Barça is the team to take down, hope they don't win it again, Ronaldinho is great, but sometimes it seems the referees blow with not too much going on against him, IMO

Good Luck to all i say :cheese:

Will
07-12-2006, 06:17 AM
I assumed Benfica and Porto were bitter rivals and you'd be unhappy about them progressing! Interestingly, all the English teams won their groups too. I hope Chelsea and Celtic go out in the next round though, that way Chelsea can concentrate on the league like Man U did last season and Man U can go out a bit later after ****ing up the league. Though they'll probably do that sooner or later either way.

BloodStar
07-12-2006, 09:32 AM
First, great goal from Nelson. awesome.. but sorry I have to say United played bolocks in the first half. Final result 3:1 is good and the only thing which counts, but I don't see them go too far in the tournament if they will play like yesterday.

Numeric
07-12-2006, 10:00 AM
even if United do f**k up their title challenge we'll have made far more a fist of it than Arse, who, lets be honest, have been almost a complete joke as far as the league is concerned this season...

i didn't see the game last night but i'm glad that United progress, i heard that we were poor in the first half until Benfica opened the scoring and then we got our act together a bit, heard that Giggs and Scholes were awesome, great to see Vidic on the score-sheet again, he's become an absolute monster over recent months...

it'll be difficult for us to maintain a challenge on both the domestic and Champions League, but i have faith...

Will
07-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Arsenal might lack consistency, but we don't lack quality, unlike Man U. There's a fair chance of an English team winning the CL, but it won't be Man U.

Esox Lucius
07-12-2006, 11:01 AM
united lack quality? what a silly thing to say. united wont win the champions league i agree but i can see them doing a double, fa cup & league cup.

Will
07-12-2006, 11:08 AM
They have a few quality players, but that's it, they lack a bit of quality overall though. It's all relative of course, but they lack quality for the CL that's for sure.

Will
07-12-2006, 11:09 AM
Do you mean the league? They're already out of the league cup... Don't reckon they'll win the league either.

Numeric
07-12-2006, 12:52 PM
think Downie meant the League...

United's first team p**ses on Arsenal's at the moment Will, the Prem table reflects that...

Esox Lucius
07-12-2006, 01:22 PM
league sorry yeah.

Will
07-12-2006, 02:18 PM
think Downie meant the League...

United's first team p**ses on Arsenal's at the moment Will, the Prem table reflects that...

It reflects Arsenals lack of experience and physical presence, the game at Old Trafford reflects the respective quality of the two teams - and that was without Henry.

Esox Lucius
07-12-2006, 07:10 PM
theres no doubt there is huge talent in both squads. united are more consistent than arsenal this season but on their day arsenal play amazing football.

nick_anarchy
07-12-2006, 09:48 PM
quality mmmm quality .... its showing aint it will arsenal r truly showing there superior quality to utd aint they haha

last like was QUALITY it took them to score to wake us up and after that we didnt look like goin out vidic is the man !!

phantomdj
08-12-2006, 06:44 PM
arsenal are the best team to watch, no doubt. but sadly flair doesnt win games, so teams resort to the chelsea style.

no one can say liverpool have been defensive this season. we have gone out to attack in every game. we have definately changed our style from previous years when we didnt have the skillful players to 'pass and move'. maybe if we sat back more like chelsea and hit on the counter, we wouldnt be 10 points or so adrift.

man utd are doing well because the team works well. certainly not a superstar team like previous years, but if they are winning then i doubt they care.

utd shouldnt get too cocky. plenty of things can happen quickly in football.

Numeric
09-12-2006, 01:55 AM
i think that United have played the best football we've seen in the Premiership this season, plus we've had end product which Arse have lacked...

United's record thus far speaks for itself, we've won the most games and scored the most goals...

yeah Arse beat us at Old Trafford but i was there that day and to be honest although Arse played well United were diabolical, it was a really bad performace and O'Shea had probably his worst game ever...

278d7e64a374de26f==