PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea v Arsenal

Will
07-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Looks like there's an 80% chance Senderos will be our only recognised central defender for this game - not good considering his performances against Drogba last season (and he's playing much better this season). Gallas has a 20% chance of being available, otherwise Gilberto will probably partner Senderos with Cesc and Flamini in midfield, which would be a bit lightweight...

I was quite looking forward to this game considering our record so far against the big teams (and Tottenham) and being underdogs, but with Man U's lead over them going into this game and the injuries/suspensions we have, it's not looking too good. There'll be no Henry or Rosicky either, as well as no Lauren or Diaby of course. Still, I was hoping Chelsea would have at least closed the gap going into this game, so it won't be the end of the world if we lose.

I had a feeling we'd get a good result against them and I still think we might get a draw, though the thought of a makeshift defence including Senderos against Drogba...

Esox Lucius
07-12-2006, 12:00 PM
an arsenal win hopefully.

lukekendall
07-12-2006, 01:16 PM
chelsea win id think

i think it will be quite close but the home advantage will sway it their way.........

Insomnia
07-12-2006, 01:53 PM
It's going to be a hard game for us that's for sure, Chelsea chasing 1st spot and at home doesn't help. That being said i think were capable of a draw. Although would love to beat them!

phantomdj
08-12-2006, 06:39 PM
hopefully arsenal will win

Numeric
09-12-2006, 01:34 AM
i really hope Arse get something out of this fixture, but if the injuries are as severe as Will is saying then it's gonna be very difficult...

be more than happy with a draw but if Arse can take all three points then great...

Insomnia
10-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Ah well a point not bad away to Chelsea, thought we may of held on for a win, but at least we didn't get beat! A positive result for us without Henry..Lets keep it going from here!! Esp The Champions League..:briggin:

nick_anarchy
10-12-2006, 06:47 PM
perfect result !

Numeric
10-12-2006, 10:30 PM
entertaining fare and a great result for us United fans...

Arse held on for dear life at times, some great last ditch defending, Gilberto was awesome...

thought overall Arse give a good account of themselves considering the personel on display...

Will
11-12-2006, 06:27 AM
Shame we couldn't get the win, but not bad under the circumstances...

Esox Lucius
11-12-2006, 08:04 AM
how good was essien's goal? amazing!

Numeric
11-12-2006, 02:05 PM
yeah he struck it well, awesome strike, still would have prefered if he'd ballooned it though...

Insomnia
11-12-2006, 02:42 PM
Yeah great goal that was, what a swerve on the ball. Wish Hleb had done the same with his chance near the end!

Will
11-12-2006, 02:55 PM
Yeah, shame that. Can't beleive Mourinho tried to make out we didn't try to win it when we're the ones who took the lead, he comes out with some shit sometimes. He probably hoped we'd leave ourselves wide open at the back so they could hit us on the counter when they're the home side...

Insomnia
11-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Yeah, shame that. Can't beleive Mourinho tried to make out we didn't try to win it when we're the ones who took the lead, he comes out with some shit sometimes. He probably hoped we'd leave ourselves wide open at the back so they could hit us on the counter when they're the home side...

I know the guy is unreal, saying we rise our game when we play bigger clubs, just doing his usual mind games. As for Drogba for a big guy he certainly goes down easy enough as did lehmann.

Will
11-12-2006, 03:31 PM
There's no reason for him to play mind games with us though, we're 10 points behind, I think he was just upset our youngest ever defence, which had never played together before did so well.

The funny thing about Drogba is Chelsea fans were making out he's changed because of them, when he's been diving loads in the big games.

prozac
12-12-2006, 10:13 PM
was out of the country for this...
seems like i missed a cracking game.
shit

Numeric
13-12-2006, 12:40 AM
yeah man it was a great game, had everything really...

i think Jose's a bit out of order saying Arse that didn't try to win, yeah they were under the cosh for most of the game but some of their attacking play was awesome, and they did look threatening and created chances...

Richierush
13-12-2006, 12:55 AM
the last 15 mins was the most entertaing,jose does chat propper bollox an i do hate him,but he does give you entertainment value after the game :laughing:

LittleMinx
13-12-2006, 11:08 AM
I cant bear listen to him, he is a wank.....

278d7e64a374de26f==