PDA

View Full Version : Circles- Tribal Bass heavy techno

Jak
08-12-2006, 07:55 PM
I've been shoppin this one around a little. written last winter and updated every so often. What do ya think it needs or lacks?

http://www.subsensory.com/media/Circles%20by%20JAK.mp3

BranLanen
08-12-2006, 11:41 PM
Your style is very different of mine. The combination of tribal percs with an electronic bass was forgoten by years but many people is using that again. Maybe the contrast electronic/tribal is not an original thing but your track sounds convincing i think. I expected thad a powerful kickdrum appear...where is it? xD

BRADLEE
09-12-2006, 12:01 AM
Can't comment on the mixdown Jack Jack, but man sounds really nice with what you've done so far in my humble opinion. Would be a really wikked Club techno sort of tune for sure. Rock all sorts of crowds with that sound.

Guess maybe just a couple of intelligent edits here and there will really tie this one together amigo. Couple little filter edits maybe here and there to the whole drum sequence...or maybe a little filter on the bass/synth noise coming out of the break....maybe slice and dice that little edit or something too. Would give just that touch more dynamics to the tune I think. (That seems to be the case with a few of your tunes that I heard)

In general though homie, nice little tribal techno rocker this is. Just needs a few little touches edit wise to make it shine like the diamond it is capable of being.

Jak
09-12-2006, 12:16 AM
Couple little filter edits maybe here and there to the whole drum sequence...or maybe a little filter on the bass/synth noise coming out of the break....maybe slice and dice that little edit or something too. Would give just that touch more dynamics to the tune I think. (That seems to be the case with a few of your tunes that I heard)

In general though homie, nice little tribal techno rocker this is. Just needs a few little touches edit wise to make it shine like the diamond it is capable of being.

yeah, I think you are right on there. a little chop chop is in order good ideas .... very helpfull. thanks!

ERROR404
09-12-2006, 12:33 AM
Hey Jak!

Much the same as Brad - really cool little track, certainly be a dancefloor favourite :)
Could do with some clever little edits to chop it up a bit, mabe a cheeky cut-off sweep on the bass and some pattern changes... really nice track mate, my tribal techno buddy here with me now is shakin his booty as we speak!! :)

Mindful
09-12-2006, 01:41 PM
downloading

Mindful
09-12-2006, 08:58 PM
style wise not my thing realy so any comments on this I will leave : )

production wise things sound clear and in their place well.
I think the bass could stand out a bit more and could do with more warmth maybe,
also I feel that the rides could be a bit brighter and floaty.
As the track progresses the sounds loose their space and seem to mould
together a bit more but the bass stands out better now(still seems to lack warmth and bottom end
wieght.

actualy to comment on the style, now its been playing a little longer
I like the feel and these synths sound nice with the bass.
Arrangment works well too.

Jak
11-12-2006, 08:08 PM
style wise not my thing realy so any comments on this I will leave : )

production wise things sound clear and in their place well.
I think the bass could stand out a bit more and could do with more warmth maybe,
also I feel that the rides could be a bit brighter and floaty.
As the track progresses the sounds loose their space and seem to mould
together a bit more but the bass stands out better now(still seems to lack warmth and bottom end
wieght.

actualy to comment on the style, now its been playing a little longer
I like the feel and these synths sound nice with the bass.
Arrangment works well too.

I listened again and I agree, needs some warmth and bottom end boost and the rides need a little less mid, some high end boost, maybe some verb. Once again guys, thanks for your feedback. It has been really helpful.

278d7e64a374de26f==