PDA

View Full Version : Something different - Error404 - 'Response'

ERROR404
08-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Something a little different I've been working on - needs a little tidying but ready for abuse!
All feedback much appreciated :)

Response (http://www.in2techno.com/error404/Response.mp3)

BranLanen
08-12-2006, 11:11 PM
I like the difference...but what is the difference? I dont know, i only know that all the elements in the track.
The break is really great, but the melody in the first part and the final "reprise" has marked me as other great techno names in the past. I think you had the stuff. You are the one.
I think this is one of your best tracks in this forum and maybe this is only the begining.

BRADLEE
08-12-2006, 11:42 PM
Something a little different I've been working on - needs a little tidying but ready for abuse!
All feedback much appreciated :)

Response (http://www.in2techno.com/error404/Response.mp3)

I think the track in a whole is hot like peppers man. Can't really comment on the mixdown, but like all of the sounds present. In the phones, everything seems well balanced, but could use maybe just a slight bit mroe low end....can't tell for sure.

My only critque over all that it seems to lose some direction after the middle of the tune. Just sort of repeats the first segment of the track with a few more edits....Guess I was waiting for some sort of additional sound or change in feeling of some type. Also could be because this is an 8 minute tune that I expected that.

Anyways man, over all really cool tune. Just trying to be as accurate with my feedback as I know how to be. Keep making the tunes man...really enjoy the stuff you've been making from a personal taste standpoint.

Mindful
09-12-2006, 01:26 PM
dl now and will check at home tonight fella

Mindful
09-12-2006, 08:51 PM
sounds shit hot from the off this, nice movement in the stereo feild.
Man this groove is pretty hot as are these pads.
I do feel like most of the sounds are bitcrushed and i would like to hear
a few sounds that are not but whatever man, it sounds cool.
some very intresting shit happening later in the track.
This would go in to a set very well i guess.
sounds great when these pads come back in.

One thing is the kick it seems is pretty much last priority in the mix
but I guess this is how it is meant to be so cool beans.

I like this the best out of what ive heard from you, top shit.

ERROR404
10-12-2006, 02:45 AM
Cheers for all your comments guys, glad you like this track - i'm pleased you guys who are pumping out quality stuff like yourselves appreciate it :)

I've got a few bits of tidying to do so will take your points into the equation - The kick was a kinda last priority Mindful!! but i didnt want it to be a 'dancefloor' track so toned down the drums a bit :)

I've kinda got a point where i want to expand what i'm trying to do, and learn a shit load more from it - expect some more stuff along this vein (if i can ha ha)

force
10-12-2006, 12:04 PM
This is great mate, lovin this. you've got a real urgency in those drums as well

Fine work young man

BloodStar
10-12-2006, 12:10 PM
excellent track. loving it from start till end. very nice sounds and working really well altogether. i like all those pads,.feeling some nice harmonies there. edits and little breaks are nice aswel...production part of thing sounds nice..

dirty_bass
12-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Nice stuff man.
Reminds me of Junkdrome era Front242.
Lots of interesting stuff going on, nice groove, good use of noise.

The mix is a little messy, mainly due to all the bit crushing, so I think you need to get right in there and cut things together with a little more refinement.
Generally there`s a lot of muddyness in the low mids and high bass.
Probably around 200-400hz I reckon.

Lovely tune though mate.

ERROR404
13-12-2006, 11:11 AM
thanks for your comments guys, time to clean this one up and then a bit of postproduction.
Points taken about the 'muddiness', some janitorial work required :)

audioinjection
15-12-2006, 02:43 AM
awesome track man!

only comment i'd have to say is on the kick, i think it needs to come through just a tad more.........but other than that, good stuff!

278d7e64a374de26f==