PDA

View Full Version : 01x for Ableton

judas_beast
11-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Thinking of getting an 01x to go with my new laptop for live work basically. Anyone used on with Ableton? Would I be better off getting a seperate audio/midi interface and a dedicated Ableton controller? Hmm, confuzzlement.

judas_beast
20-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Not even a single sausage? :(

Miromiric
20-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Not even a single sausage? :(

would be nice if you posted links.

Ritzi Lee
21-12-2006, 02:29 PM
the advantage of the 01x you can make external mixes without overdoing your processor, 28 channels max.

judas_beast
23-12-2006, 02:36 PM
would be nice if you posted links.

To what?

judas_beast
23-12-2006, 02:37 PM
the advantage of the 01x you can make external mixes without overdoing your processor, 28 channels max.

I know. What I want to know is: has anyone ever used one with Ableton Live, and if so, how was the whole experience.

RDR
23-12-2006, 03:40 PM
I know. What I want to know is: has anyone ever used one with Ableton Live, and if so, how was the whole experience.

I used this combo for countless gigs and it worked like a charm.

Scene recall (for each seperate tune is awesome and instant with glitches i.e. you can call up an entirely new desk for each tune and also have wierd combos in between)

It NEVER EVER let me down. EVER let me repeat that.l EVER.

You can also recall the scene's from a channel in ableton using a basic program change clip as well.

Check out www.o1xray.com for more info.

The only downside is that you dont get access to the cross fader and also the BIGGEST problem with this is that if you use differnt hardware outputs i.e. each track in ableton goes to a differnt input on the 16 available o1x PC channels you will NOT be able to use MASTER FX such as filters/beat repeat ETC ETC. There is NO WAY around this either.

I used the o1x and a UC16 to control my filters. I also used a kaoss pad 2 on the master outs and this cured the problem.

If you set it up right you will be able to get an EXTREMELY polished sound in a live set using the o1x.

Other positives...

AWESOME EQ
AWESOME compression
DUCKING compressors that are made for techno, you can pump the shit out of anything with this unit.
The FX are something else as well... exceptionally good.

I had to sell mine due to a robbery and the need to replace my stolen mac.

There is one other issue, the drivers and not all they could be and there have been many complaints from people using it in the studio due to sample offsets of around 2000 samples, not good if you are using it to multitrack against a band recording. However in a live scenerio this doesnt matter a damn.

HTH.

chris.

judas_beast
24-12-2006, 06:41 PM
I used this combo for countless gigs and it worked like a charm.

Scene recall (for each seperate tune is awesome and instant with glitches i.e. you can call up an entirely new desk for each tune and also have wierd combos in between)

It NEVER EVER let me down. EVER let me repeat that.l EVER.

You can also recall the scene's from a channel in ableton using a basic program change clip as well.

Check out www.o1xray.com for more info.

The only downside is that you dont get access to the cross fader and also the BIGGEST problem with this is that if you use differnt hardware outputs i.e. each track in ableton goes to a differnt input on the 16 available o1x PC channels you will NOT be able to use MASTER FX such as filters/beat repeat ETC ETC. There is NO WAY around this either.

I used the o1x and a UC16 to control my filters. I also used a kaoss pad 2 on the master outs and this cured the problem.

If you set it up right you will be able to get an EXTREMELY polished sound in a live set using the o1x.

Other positives...

AWESOME EQ
AWESOME compression
DUCKING compressors that are made for techno, you can pump the shit out of anything with this unit.
The FX are something else as well... exceptionally good.

I had to sell mine due to a robbery and the need to replace my stolen mac.

There is one other issue, the drivers and not all they could be and there have been many complaints from people using it in the studio due to sample offsets of around 2000 samples, not good if you are using it to multitrack against a band recording. However in a live scenerio this doesnt matter a damn.

HTH.

chris.

Now thats what Im after mate! Idea, Ill give that link a good looking over. Nice one.

Now I just gotta sell all my other shit so I can buy a nice laptop and an 01x! Any takers for any of this lot: http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=43632

278d7e64a374de26f==