PDA

View Full Version : Jay Pace - Torin

Jay Pace
11-12-2006, 08:47 PM
allo

New track - bit of a WIP but I'd love some feedback at this point.
Tried to do something a bit different with this one

Torin (6.12)

www.blackboxtechno.co.uk/torin.mp3 (http://www.blackboxtechno.co.uk/torin.mp3)

Thanks peeps

:mrmyagi:

force
12-12-2006, 03:28 PM
GEEZER!!!
you've got enough for an EP now!
Again, theres not a great deal going on, but what there is going on works perfectly, and does'nt lose any intrest.
You're makin that 'more than minimal sound' your own.
#
I did fancy the idea of an understated, lower pitch 303 line with a hardfloor style slide bubbling underneath it all.

super, smashing, glreat!

Jay Pace
12-12-2006, 03:48 PM
GEEZER!!!
you've got enough for an EP now!
Again, theres not a great deal going on, but what there is going on works perfectly, and does'nt lose any intrest.
You're makin that 'more than minimal sound' your own.
#
I did fancy the idea of an understated, lower pitch 303 line with a hardfloor style slide bubbling underneath it all.

super, smashing, glreat!

Nice one mate :cheese:

Yeah, I want some more acid in this. And a few more changes in the bass.
Day off on Friday, will do some more work over the weekend.

dirty_bass
12-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Nice, kinda classic sound.
I found the main riff a bit too loud though, and overall the mix was a little too digital and a little too abrasive, could maybe do with more analog treatment.

BRADLEE
12-12-2006, 06:32 PM
I really enjoyed that one quite well. Keeps the movement thru the whole tune. And as said above, really coming along nicely with this slightly more than minimal type of sound. Cool stuff homie.

audioinjection
15-12-2006, 02:46 AM
yeah, i agree with steve.....that main riff does sound a bit too loud in some parts, but it does have an oldschool feel to it! sorta minimal, but groovy. nice one dude.

C.O.Prodigy
15-12-2006, 04:15 PM
I think that force's assessment describes the track most accurately. I can add that it was really enjoyable to listen to and fun, although I found that it ends rather cheeply, abruptly IMO. Perhaps that's the way it was intended.

good job!

StoQ
16-12-2006, 04:03 PM
nice one dude;] that sound on the bottom reminds me mumbling cat hhihihhhih ;] good work

loopdon
17-12-2006, 12:09 PM
beautiful sound imo. yet i think it could be shortened a little. not my absolute favourite of yours but rock-solid nevertheless. i would have liked a vocal snip in there or a nice neo-trancy synth-pad or sth. at times but that's prolly just me. top stuff. err and i love yer drums

Jay Pace
17-12-2006, 05:23 PM
Thanks loads for all the feedback

Have reworked this slightly, added an extra acid part and some more percussion changes, and reworked the mixdown a bit.

Haven't really mastered it too much, going to leave that to the experts from now on.

loopdon - like your vocal stab suggestion. Might give this a go. Might put in a breakdown of sorts in there somewhere as well... sounding fairly trance like as it is.

same link as last time:

www.blackboxtechno.co.uk/torin.mp3 (http://www.blackboxtechno.co.uk/torin.mp3)

Nice one peeps :cheese:

audioinjection
17-12-2006, 06:25 PM
yeah, liking how it sounds now man, good job

force
17-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Great stuff mate, liked the original but you've raised the bar on this. good work.

Moody as f*ck, but strangely uplifting at the same time......if that made any sense:whoops:

C.O.Prodigy
19-12-2006, 08:58 AM
Excellent Changes, great altogether track. Good job!

can i do a remix! ? :laughing:

SWANNER
27-12-2006, 01:05 AM
yeah nice track this mate.wicked style keeping me interested throughout.some good filtering, works well.

278d7e64a374de26f==