PDA

View Full Version : myspace official announcement

tekara
12-12-2006, 12:59 AM
Well its official, you are now able to sell your own music on myspace directly to other listeners around the world through your own page.

I wonder how this will transform the landscape of the independent music industry, as there may be pros and cons of this.

One one hand, its great that anyone can do this now, but this may also encourage alot of more garbage out there. Also, proper labels and online mp3 sellers like trackitdown.net will have a bare minimum as to the sound quality and mastering of the tracks, whereas in myspace anyone can just throw something up for sale that just came straight from reason.

Any ideas?

tonyc2002
12-12-2006, 10:45 AM
wouldnt worry to much mate, i mean at the end of the day if its crap no one will buy it :cheese:

Col
12-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Great news!

I'm currently working in Fruityloops as i type!

eyeswithoutaface
12-12-2006, 07:28 PM
of course its great news. You can cut out the middle man if you are disillusioned with the usual release procedure, or you could try and use it to bolster any current sales you are achieving.

I wouldnt worry about the quality issue, if someones selling music that is obviously well under par, its at the listeners discretion if they buy it or not, and thats the same problem scenes like techno have now anyway. Their has always been poor product, and will always be a line of poor product. If someone is daft enough to buy shit music, then someone is going to sell it

audioinjection
12-12-2006, 08:30 PM
the only bad thing i see is having to filter through all the crap and trying to find good music.........i wouldnt mind doing it as i do it at the record shops, but for most people, they wouldnt go through with it, so i think that could hurt the sales (except for the already popular artists)

278d7e64a374de26f==