PDA

View Full Version : Vestax PDX-2000

Louis Theroux
12-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Was looking for some help.

I have just bought a set of these from EBay however they have came without any earth cables. (the earth cables are not attached like technics) I have used a couple of speaker wires & it seems to eliminate the buzzing on one of them but not the other.

I was possibly thinking the wire/speaker wire isn't the correct type or not thick enough?

Sorry if I sound stupid here but I am not technically minded at all.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

iffi
13-12-2006, 11:50 PM
Doesn't really matter what cable you use to earth the decks,long as it's not too thin-we use electrical earthing cable n it works fine.
Could be theres a break in the 1 that buzzes-swap em over n see (if u haven't already). If you're using normal carts (not them stupid concorde things) the cables out the back could be touching,or the cart might not be on the tone arm properly.
If it's none of these then i reckon the earth lead in the tone arm has come adrift.
They're easy to take apart,but if it's in the tone arm then your best having your £ back,or takin them to someone who fixes decks.
Don't bother askin Vestax bout anything-they never reply. (bit of sour grapes to end on :; )

MangaFish
20-12-2006, 10:08 PM
I have the same decks and i ****in love them

iffi
21-12-2006, 11:29 PM
I have the same decks and i ****in love them

Yeh,i wouldn't swap mine for any other deck
Got a pair of mk1's,6 years old-used at every party we done in that time.

278d7e64a374de26f==