PDA

View Full Version : M-Audio Torq

Clit Commander
13-12-2006, 01:43 AM
It's the new DJ software that's only $200USD and supposed to be just as good as Serato. Besides the price, the other big feature is incorporation of third party VSTs (endless possibilities). Has anybody had any experience with this product? Thinking about buying it.

I would have put this in the producers lounge, but I think this gets more attention because this forum is more DJ-based.

g
13-12-2006, 03:46 AM
it also acts like traktor or whatever.. real decks are optional.

jeroenliebregts
13-12-2006, 11:24 AM
i bought this a few weeks ago...have been fooling around with it, works well!
But i dont use any fx or shit, i dont like the interface it has for plugs. You'd need to take a midi controller for that, which i'm not doing on Dj-gigs..
Just using it to mix mp3's/wavs with vinyl records, and its ok for that.

audioinjection
13-12-2006, 04:13 PM
sounds interesting, i'll have to check this out

Clit Commander
14-12-2006, 08:20 PM
i bought this a few weeks ago...have been fooling around with it, works well!
But i dont use any fx or shit, i dont like the interface it has for plugs. You'd need to take a midi controller for that, which i'm not doing on Dj-gigs..
Just using it to mix mp3's/wavs with vinyl records, and its ok for that.

nice, tell me more! Is it stable? Any huge crashes or annoying bugs? You're running it on your powerbook, right?

jeroenliebregts
14-12-2006, 08:34 PM
its ok.
you have to make sure the needles and stuff are good, then its stable.. you can check how well your timecode is being read in the preferences (error index).

Im running ity on a macbook pro. Just had 1 really weird bug, which i found out a lot of people were facing... it doesnt work well on some usb ports..
It would jitter a little bit when i touched my mousepad..little ticks and stuff. So, you use the other usb port, problem solved :S

audioinjection
18-12-2006, 04:19 PM
its ok.
you have to make sure the needles and stuff are good, then its stable.. you can check how well your timecode is being read in the preferences (error index).

Im running ity on a macbook pro. Just had 1 really weird bug, which i found out a lot of people were facing... it doesnt work well on some usb ports..
It would jitter a little bit when i touched my mousepad..little ticks and stuff. So, you use the other usb port, problem solved :S

yeah, i was at my friends studio last night and he just got this, he had the same problem and he's on mac too......but other than that it was pretty awesome that you can use vsts! not too bad for the price either

278d7e64a374de26f==