PDA

View Full Version : D.A.V.E. the Drummer and the Venezuelan affair

Daumen
14-12-2006, 06:05 PM
Hello,

Just wondering if you change your mind about playing here...sadly things here are not going to change for at least six more years (politically speaking)......´cause we are really smart, and choose Hugo as our president for another term...so customs and immigration are still going to be a bitch.

Anyway, this weekend (16 of december) the Geezer is going to be playing in a venue just outside Caracas and we are all hoping everything goes well and that he doesen´t get any problems on way out......

Si the Sigh
15-12-2006, 07:48 AM
TBH I can completely understand why Henry won't be back out there for a while. And if thats his decision, fair play and you have to respect him for that.

Daumen
15-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Of course Si...I also understand and respect his decision......it was just a question, I´m only one person that he dosen´t even know, so how can I possible change his mind??...after all, it was a very rough episode that hurt his image of venezuela so bad that he dosen´t want to come back....nothing to be proud of ok?!

I just wanted to know what were his personal toughts about coming back, now that some time has passed and that we know that things here are not going to change for at least 3 to 6 years.

Sorry if my question cause any trouble......

davethedrummer
15-12-2006, 05:34 PM
i have had all sorts of comments about this
some good and supportive , some not and one or 2 just downright nasty.
yes , it's my descision at the end of the day ,and i don't think anyone else is stupid to go there , i love the venezeulan scene as much as anyone , but twice i have been picked on by the cops on the way out , and they have totally had me scared to death.

put it this way.....
what exactly would happen if they planted something in my bag?
who would try to help , and who in fact would be able to? you? anyone?
most my old time buddies are now living in spain ( including antonio who is a criminal lawyer , and a very handy guy to have on your side) , the parties have earnt a terrible reputation for bad organisation now , cancellations and non-payments are regular problems for all the djs i know who still go there.
although i must say that so far i have always been treated very well myself , and so have most of us most of the time. i am NOT saying that everybody does this , but things have changed you'l have to agree with me there.

but the question remains , what if......
and with my family here with my rent getting tighter and tighter all the time around my neck , i don't have time or money to have this kind of problem in my life ( getting arrested in vene )
i do not want to go to jail in venezuela for anything , especially for being fitted up by the police for smuggling.
the police force out there now are little more than an official mafia
and they pretty much decide what happens when you exit the country and they hold the airlines to ransom too.

so again , to all the wonderful venezuelan people i have met over the years and all the honest and reliable party organisers i am deeply sorry that i can't come over.a
there is just no guarantee that i will get home safe and that is a risk i cannot take.
sure some people will think i am a ****ing pussy or just overeacting , but until you've stood there with the military police pulling your bags apart and the airline saying they will have to leave without you in 5 minutes i don;t think you have the right to attack me for my descision.

i will be closing up shop soon as a travelling dj , and this is one way to make sure i have some kind of future somewhere else , and not spend years in jail in a foreign country
in fact even 5 minutes in jail in venezuela is too long.

dan the acid man
15-12-2006, 06:28 PM
I don't know how anybody can blame you for coming to that decision, especially when you have a family to think about.

Daumen
15-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Hey Henry,

I totally agree with you in all the points you made.
Your answer was pretty straight foward (and you are right....I want to stress on that)..so thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to give me such a good response.
Well, hope you know that you have a crowd of faithful fans here who understands your decision...never the less we are going to miss you playing your music...who knows we might make a trip and catch you in brazil.

peace...!

Aratron
15-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Hey Henry,

Your answer was pretty straight foward (and you are right....I want to stress on that)..so thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to give me such a good response.
Well, hope you know that you have a crowd of faithful fans here who understands your decision...never the less we are going to miss you playing your music...who knows we might make a trip and catch you in brazil.

peace...!

why dont you bust out of Venezuala and live over in the UK dude? before its too late

meganeura
16-12-2006, 03:14 PM
This really sucks. Things here are never going to change, it is going to be the same shit for who knows how long. It really sucks you wont be coming back to our country. At least i had the chance to see you rock the house alot of times. Best of luck to you keep up the good work!!!!! I guess i´ll just have to take a trip to the UK to party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daumen
16-12-2006, 08:06 PM
why dont you bust out of Venezuala and live over in the UK dude? before its too late

I might....but the thing is that if we all leave, there will be no one to fight and try to change things here (that are pretty bad by the way).... I love my country it´s a beautyful place (at least give me that Henry).....and you have to remmeber that going to another place to start all over it not easy...at least that´s what I think.

Aratron
16-12-2006, 11:30 PM
I might....but the thing is that if we all leave, there will be no one to fight and try to change things here (that are pretty bad by the way).... I love my country it´s a beautyful place (at least give me that Henry).....and you have to remmeber that going to another place to start all over it not easy...at least that´s what I think.
bumclaart :laughing:

you could be the first to go, so to speak.

come now dude.

become a fugitive in the UK Underground.

dan the acid man
16-12-2006, 11:36 PM

yeah, i know what you're saying, if things got really bad over here, i'd still find it hard to leave it all behind

groover'z
19-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Hey Henry,

peace...!

you should come!!
I can help you here!!
just ask for help!!

davethedrummer
20-12-2006, 04:16 PM

hey man
of course venezeula is a beautiful place !
i love it there , it's just too bloody dangerous for us gringos

AcidTrash
28-12-2006, 04:17 AM
hey man
of course venezeula is a beautiful place !
i love it there , it's just too bloody dangerous for us gringos

You got past the bouncers at the West Indian Centre in Leeds so I can't imagine why you have a problem with customs you big wuss. ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==