PDA

View Full Version : do u prefer to listen to a good dj set or a live pa?

conflict
18-12-2006, 06:00 PM
i prefer to listen to a good dj set prefferably, i think. I'm yet to listen to a live pa that has stayed in the car for weeks/months, anyone recommend me one?

Insomnia
18-12-2006, 06:49 PM
A good one i wont forget is Ruffneck Alliance!! Saw them up at Rosyth at North, brilliant night had by all!!

dan the acid man
18-12-2006, 07:38 PM
i prefer to listen to a good dj set prefferably, i think. I'm yet to listen to a live pa that has stayed in the car for weeks/months, anyone recommend me one?

i've been hammering dirtybass's house pa, brilliant stuff.

as for which do i prefer, pa's or dj set's, i like both to be honest, if it's good it's good, no matter what it is

audioinjection
18-12-2006, 07:46 PM
Yeah, I like both. When I hear a good dj set or live pa, I give them the same reaction. As long as it's good :)

Check the techno filez section, lots of great PAs there!

The Overfiend
18-12-2006, 07:46 PM
Depends on the artist.
If I already know the individual is an excellent dj.
I would want to hear their creativity in programming.

As far as live pa.
I think the more diverse a producer is the better the live set will be.

Lately though I must say I am a bit partial to the live set.
But Dj's like the Concrete boys, Joey Beltram, Patrick Dsp have been impressing me lately. But live sets like Dsp's and Go Hiyama's, hell yes!

eyeswithoutaface
18-12-2006, 09:01 PM
neither

i live in total silence

Jay Sanders
19-12-2006, 10:29 AM
I havent seen many Live PA's but a year or two ago i saw BMB's and James Ruskin play Ableton sets in Amsterdam... but after James Ruskin Oliver Ho came on and played a DJ set... it was if the whole club lifted when he did... always nice to see a DJ working hard on 3 decks though isnt it!!??

Still in the middle of what i prefer though!!

prozac
19-12-2006, 11:25 AM
as long as its good music, doesnt really matter
try to listen to both, just no preference

TechMouse
19-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Neil Landstrumm's "Ravestep" live PA is the rudeness.

Live sets by Cursor Miner rip the roof off.

The Radial stuff by Jeroen and Laurens is immense.

Dirty Bass's "Extinguisher Crush Face" was awesome.

Esther Ofei (Databomber) does a killer live PA.

Miromiric
19-12-2006, 01:07 PM
definitely DJ sets.

Tyrisia
20-12-2006, 12:06 AM
I'm totally into me pa's, coz I love to hear the producers concept in the music, and you get more insight into how they feel about their music through track order and those special bits that are kept for that particular night etc.

Having said that I've just discovered a Mark Williams dj set in the filez section that totally rocks, and that Chris Leibing essential mix from last year keeps finding it's way onto my mp3 player, as if by total magic..

BloodStar
20-12-2006, 09:16 AM
if they are good I like both.

module
23-12-2006, 12:50 AM
i like the fact that Ableton is now givin ppl the ability to blend the two.. with my set up, i play a set that is both.. i dj artist tracks alongside my own loops & elements..

mattboyslim
23-12-2006, 11:14 AM
agreed with the landstrumm live bizness mark

personally i tend to be disappointed with live shows

can never beat someone really abusing 3 decks

3 decks and ableton live at the same time....mmmmmmmm

z99
24-12-2006, 11:20 PM

there are far fewer enjoyable/quality live PA's than DJ sets.. Ableton stuff is somewhere inbetween, however till now i'm not really into what i have heard, anything good in particular, an ear opener?

as about live PA's, try this:
http://www.downlowmusic.org/GUS/convextion_live_in_london_april_30th_2006.mp3

most of the time i still prefer listening producers records from A to Z :)

278d7e64a374de26f==