PDA

View Full Version : d.a.v.e. the drummer - live at renesanz generation clash on sofia Bulgaria- 15-12-06

T_T
22-12-2006, 08:04 PM
http://www.uploadpower.com/download.php?id=A10BC41B

michael00elder
22-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Nice i like that!!!

Insomnia
22-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Quality that's well good!!

fils_here
25-12-2006, 03:54 PM
thanks

xes
25-12-2006, 06:21 PM
that site doesn't like me :(

DreamOn
05-01-2007, 11:14 AM
ice one thanx

theledge
07-01-2007, 10:07 PM
absolute class

davethedrummer
15-01-2007, 09:45 PM
wish people would tell me about these things
anyway i got it now i think

i'm abit worried about the amount of my sets that are getting onto the net these days

what do you guys think?

i mean i didn't know this was going to go up at all.

dan the acid man
15-01-2007, 09:54 PM
im in two minds about it all really, obviously its great publicity for you and the music you play, but it's also common courtesy to ask for permission to record it and then once again ask permission before it get's uploaded

rhythmtech
15-01-2007, 10:07 PM
i find it a bit pointless differant people posting 5/6 sets from the same artist within a 2 month span.. if the artist is travelling a lot the set is gonna be quite similiar (a bag only holds so many records). no need to dilute us.

also its only common courtesy to ask if its ok.. what if you have an off night. i certainly wouldnt want people to get an impression of my djing because of a dodgy set.

tOM B
16-01-2007, 06:06 PM
whenever we've recorded peoples sets we always ask them before we even give them to anyone else (even our mates) let alone put them on the net. I think it's just good manners really.

i agree with baz as well; a glut of sets by the same dj with a lot of the same tunes doesn't do anything for me. However it is nice to be able to get dj sets online, i think it is good for promotion too, i've downloaded sets by people and they have made me really want to book them and check out their tunes.

i guess it's one of those hazy lines....

davethedrummer
16-01-2007, 10:18 PM
now i've just realised what you all mean!
theres a whole load of my sets up here in the filez section right now
and i've not been contacted about a single one of them !
i'm going to have to write some emails to people here and complain about it.
it's not right is it really ?
i mean one every so often for promotion is ok it think , to let people know what you're doing , but a barrage of sets ??
loads of them have the same tunes , it's pointless isn't it?

dan the acid man
16-01-2007, 10:27 PM
yeah it is really, when it's so many within a short space of time all containing roughly the same tracks.

Why is there such a common lack of courtesy in the scene ?

Aratron
16-01-2007, 10:53 PM
now i've just realised what you all mean!
theres a whole load of my sets up here in the filez section right now
and i've not been contacted about a single one of them !
i'm going to have to write some emails to people here and complain about it.
it's not right is it really ?
i mean one every so often for promotion is ok it think , to let people know what you're doing , but a barrage of sets ??
loads of them have the same tunes , it's pointless isn't it?

yep i ve been sent 3 in the last week - honestly

i just file under: - Now Thats What I Call Dave The Drummer 47

the_psychologist
17-01-2007, 03:26 AM
I think people running the night should be able to record sets, but distribution of any sort should be under permission of the artist. Clearly they reached you once to book you, so they have your contact info.

The only reason I'm all for recording everything is that many of the best sets I've heard from people were never recorded.

i.e. the first time I saw Punk Floyd live they played the best live acid techno I ever saw, but no one was recording. Every set I've seen hit the net under their name has been fake or subpar, and in no way gave a clear representation of what they were capable of.

Ditto Kektex, Lochi, etcetc.. All artists who did very limited amounts of live sets that were never heard outside the tiny crowd on the night of.

It was always frustrating to me to be unable to attend parties due to location and hear that the set wasn't recorded. Those people were my heroes, I bought piles of their vinyl, and yet I never heard them live.

Just my lamentations.

Athar
18-01-2007, 10:40 AM
I think people running the night should be able to record sets, but distribution of any sort should be under permission of the artist. Clearly they reached you once to book you, so they have your contact info.

Im totally agree with this point.

I think we should start a public debate about it.
There is so many mixes/sets by djs/producers around the net and i bet how many these was recordered wihout knowleage person who allready played it ?
i think a lot ....

Si the Sigh
18-01-2007, 10:47 AM
I'd give my right arm and left nut for some of the live sets / PA's recorded around 96 to 98 time...

fatcollective
18-01-2007, 11:45 AM
I'd give my right arm and left nut for some of the live sets / PA's recorded around 96 to 98 time...

yeah me too, i remember seeing henry play live at our local club 'the orange peel' a few years back, he played some classics man, would love to hear them kinda sets now!!

Si the Sigh
18-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Yea mate, proper live, loads of kit, just completely fu*king ace! :)

fatcollective
18-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Yea mate, proper live, loads of kit, just completely fu*king ace! :)

yeah was wikid, i remember him inner city junkies live...totallly rocked the place!!

davethedrummer
18-01-2007, 01:30 PM
yeah they were good those sets some of them
but the fact that many of them weren't recorded does give them a place of their own in history

the answer is:
if you want to hear it get your dancing shoes on and go to the club.

basically, support the scene, and the djs, with a bit of entrance fee and a bit of action on the dance floor

but now all you do is go to bed while it downloads and listen to it in the morning

not fair i say

it's good to wish for things i think
and it's good to know that you caught something special or maybe missed something special
it adds a whole extra beauty to it all.

in 1995 you just couldn't hope to own all the records that an artist did unless you had money to burn
and you'd really appreciate it when someone played your favourite tune out.

now everyone has everything
even stuff the artists have done that they themselves don't know about
i bet there's sets out there that i've done that i didn't know where available

sad sad state of affairs
sorry to be negative but thats how i see it right now

rhythmtech
18-01-2007, 02:02 PM
personally i'd love to see some of the older sets made available.. was there ever a kektex live set recorded?

i used to love the "global rampage" tapes we could buy at the parties.

my main issue is with the amount of newer sets going around.. whats the point in having a set from friday night in barcelona and then saturday in seville.. whats the chances of them being totally differant? zero.

DeDeH
18-01-2007, 03:49 PM
personally i'd love to see some of the older sets made available.. was there ever a kektex live set recorded?

Nothin fun about knowing you missed something special.. just plain frustrating.

Give it up Henry.. we know you´ve got ´em...

:)

On the serious side now, I think everyone understands the bad side of putting up sets for download... kinda brings down that nights´flare in a kinda way. But I don´t think most people would give up on a night at the club because they have a downloaded set at home...not anyone mentally sane anyway...
Plus, the way it stands at the moment, it´s the minority of them that actually turn up on the net.

As someone said on the topic, there is a good side to it (showing off your work), so it´s basically a matter of keeping it under control, and that involves the artist´s consent of the distribution. Wouldn´t go as far as calling it a sad state of affairs, but maybe a situation that if improved, could work in the artist´s favor....

Si the Sigh
19-01-2007, 07:18 AM
Man, what ever happened to the Global Rampage tapes? Some of them were awesome! I had a great Gordie and DDR sets on tape. :)

fatcollective
19-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Man, what ever happened to the Global Rampage tapes? Some of them were awesome! I had a great Gordie and DDR sets on tape. :)

i've got an Ant dj mix and Lawrie Immersion live...totally hard in ya face acid!!!

Si the Sigh
19-01-2007, 10:48 AM
I had an Immersion set once that was pretty much made up there and then. Swear I didn't know any of the tracks. Awesome stuff! :)

Aratron
19-01-2007, 10:55 AM
hmmm
im listening to a recent set by dave the drummer at balck box and this is , as good a set i have ever heard in my life.
Mr Cullen - Salut

best set i have ever heard was by Dill out of Planet Zogg a Sheffield DJ, at a squat party in a local church the windows literally pulsated to the dark industrial beats.
i mean the chemicals and where the party was at the time the acoustics etc all add to the set and the memory imo

the_psychologist
19-01-2007, 11:17 PM
yeah they were good those sets some of them
but the fact that many of them weren't recorded does give them a place of their own in history

the answer is:
if you want to hear it get your dancing shoes on and go to the club.

Yeah, sorry matey, but I'm not flying to England to attend a single party. I just don't have the money. It seems like the Internet's potential to be used as a promotional tool wasn't tapped by the London crew for ages. It's an obvious way to distribute live recordings and let people hear your best.

I knew Punk Floyd as an artist behind a few Smitten records, but I had no idea they did such a mad live act. Unfortunately, every time I saw them after the first had technical problems. This is reflected in the live sets that did hit the 'Net, all of which are mediocre. If only their best had been recorded and distributed, maybe their legend would be even greater...

And the idea of a Kektex live makes me overly excited. I think I only ever saw *one* appearance listed, and my friend who attended told me it was excellent.

I dunno.. Maybe I have been spoiled by the Internet. I'm just tired of the collector mentality of, "Well, you weren't there when it happened, so tough luck". We should really be sharing freely, with the exception of releases that are still available in shops.

dan the acid man
20-01-2007, 01:46 AM
hmmm
im listening to a recent set by dave the drummer at balck box and this is , as good a set i have ever heard in my life.
Mr Cullen - Salut

best set i have ever heard was by Dill out of Planet Zogg a Sheffield DJ, at a squat party in a local church the windows literally pulsated to the dark industrial beats.
i mean the chemicals and where the party was at the time the acoustics etc all add to the set and the memory imo

i was at one of the parties in there, was a great place

278d7e64a374de26f==