PDA

View Full Version : Does BOA ever host a members party?

synikal waste
22-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Just wondering if BOA ever hosts a members party ... so people can hook up offline.

I am a member of some other forums non techno / dance music related and they hold socials / monthly meets / parties.

Heck some of forums arrange trips abroad etc.

Wondered if anyone organised this kind of thing on here.

Also are there any plans for a live chat room.

what do people think.

Insomnia
22-12-2006, 09:23 PM
That would be good!!

MARK ANXIOUS
22-12-2006, 10:25 PM
well organising parties is difficult. i actually tried it once and and vowed never to do it again.

if i was to do blackout audio parties myself, i would do them in leeds. and probably on a sunday (so that it's no chore and it's like a chill-out for me after the weekend). i'd probably do them at a bar too, not a club. any suggestions welcome ;) hmm you know, if there was enough interest i'd probably look into it.

as for club nights, well anyone wanting to put on boa nights well, i'm totally up for it. the usual thing is we put on 1 person from the label, 1 person i think is cutting it on the forum, myself (obviously) and then perhaps someone else who i respect :cheese:

synikal waste
22-12-2006, 10:51 PM
The bar thing sounds good a social rather than club night ......... understand it would be a huge amount of work ......... what some other forums do is arrange their social events at an existing venue or club so they dont have the hassles.

BOA social @ wherever .............. with them providing the line up etc.

close to a cheap hotel is a good idea too, sometimes they will offer discounts at weekends if they are business hotels as the weekend trade is slack.

Memebers wanting the discount get sent emails they print off in order to claim.

could be a bi annual event ................. winter / summer social.

just though . ........ now the seed is planted however.

278d7e64a374de26f==