PDA

View Full Version : Gatex remix's - Good or Bad?

IvorRingingInMyEars
15-11-2002, 01:26 AM
I am a massive fan of the original and when I saw the two remix(s) that have just been released on Magik Music (Oliver lieb, Leblanc, tiesto and Montana) I just had to buy them.

But, I am not really that impressed. I think I was hoping that they where going to do somthing real twisted with the original but I was wrong. Although the Oliver Lieb version has a slight pulse.

I really hate being disapointed by remix's, it's like when I bought the remix's of Jones & Stephenson's First Rebirth. The original was awsome the remix(s) were @#%$!!!!

Thats what you get for not listening before buying...

MARKEG
15-11-2002, 03:33 AM
Yeah, I really liked the original but i knew these remixes were gonna be either amazing or crap. I tend to opt for the latter. I though Tiesto's mix was OK but is obviously meant for DJ's who play to a commercial trance crowd and want to seem innovative. And yes, Gatex remix is awful.

Esox Lucius
15-11-2002, 05:54 AM
the original is excellent, the remixes are pants.

TripleX
15-11-2002, 07:30 PM
they´re @#%$, the original is good though

daviec
16-11-2002, 06:15 AM
I thought the Tiesto one was as expected... a commercial trance interpretation. I can't be dissapointed with it because I didn't expect anything of it. Haven't heard the montana mix.

The lieb mix I thought was pretty cool. There's something just not quite right about it (in a good way). And Umek's own mix. Well he knows best what the original tune was trying to achieve and as it did the trick he was on a hiding to nothing here. The original was never going to be bettered, but at least I can now play Umek's mix without risking looking like a fool when I try to mix it in :/

278d7e64a374de26f==