PDA

View Full Version : Carola Sucks Ass and Acid Techno Is Gay...

MARKEG
22-12-2002, 01:13 AM
... Precisely the sort of comments that get us absolutely nowhere. Sorry, I'm just noticing some board members throwing in comments about certain styles being crap or certain artists being shite without real justification.

As this board is quite new, I really want to make it something informative and constructive. I really get annoyed with other forums when I see people saying I hate such cause he's a crap DJ and such or such and such is formulated rubbish. What the hell is the point? The 'rubbish' style is being made, someone likes making it, alot of people buzz off it and as long as it has a following of people that truly believe in it - why is it so crap? How come we're so much better with our brand of techno? OK, we live for that sound - that percussion and metallic techno - or perhaps that string influenced detroit emotional techno - but why say something else is shit if you're not into?

To me, certain music annoys me. And it's more often than not stuff that is commercial formulated music with no heart and soul. Pop Idol for instance. And other underground/innovative/constructive forms of music are 100% fine by me.

So look, as Mr Admin and also someone who really cares about what type of community we get going here, I have to step in and make a rule. Without rules for this forum, we don't get the type of people on board that enable us all to talk constructively about how we can further techno. After all, that is what me and Chrissi talk about to everyone we know in real life - so why should this board be any different?!

Please don't slag off other DJ's without a true reason. 'Fergie sucks dick' is simply not acceptable (unless you've explained your reasons before, of course).... And comments like 'Happy Hardcore is for transexuals' will not be tolerated.

Hey, has anyone else got any bright ideas?

John Vella
22-12-2002, 04:15 AM
If this rule can be implemented and followed, then it will seperate this board from almost everyone out there.

I hope it happpens!

Lets put all our energy into constructive thoughts!

Leave the unnessacary negativity behind!

-JOHNNY

P.S. If happy hardcore is truly for transexuals, my g/f (?) has done a great job of hiding her anatomy from me. hahahaha

krakp0t
05-01-2003, 04:04 AM
boy george is gay.

krakp0t
06-01-2003, 05:55 PM
i didn't say "carolla sux ass" either. i don't get djs that play as inconsistently as he does though. i've seen marco 6-7 times since he and gaetano started playing in the us and he either bangs it hard or sends me to sleep. i'm not all that into being deeply disappointed by lackluster tune selections, especially when i to great lengths to see performers.

btw, marco's "10th Question" ep is badass. definitely purchase - worthy.

Anonymous
06-01-2003, 06:38 PM
you both have sand in you vaginas.

http://jovan.ru/pics/sa1/gunbag.jpg

engine
06-01-2003, 08:57 PM
(i wish this thing would keep me logged in!!)

AMEN AND STUFF TO CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISIM!
ever more Amens and stuff to being open minded :)

Being a big fan of Carolla- I wonder what it would take to get him to post some of his ideas around here? I've had a few converstations with him- but Life nightclub was a bit too loud and his accent was a bit too thick so I didn't really get to ask him what I wanted too...
anyone want to teach me Italian??

Adverse
06-01-2003, 10:57 PM
marco lives in london now.. so i wouldn't worry about learning italian.

Anonymous
07-01-2003, 03:49 PM
there is no such thing as shit music.
i don't really get into opera much but i can't say it's shit really.(although i did once ,to my dad when i was about 12 years old and i was into ska and punk.)
ços i understand that i don't know anything about it.
same goes for everything else really.
i love music, especially when it tickles my ears.
listening to some music you don't like at first can be an interesting experience, best not to rule it out.
and it's always better than having your dick slammed a door.
or your tits for that matter, in fact thats a point, are there any women out there?? obviously chrissi i know you're here but anyone else?
are we just a bunch of boring blokes discussing something that noone else really gives a toss about?

probably.

and the world kept turning regardless.

h

lunatrick
07-01-2003, 04:01 PM
henry - I think you're right - we had a holodeck pep talk here in cardiff last night and there wasn't one woman there...my missus plays for us but she was busy and plays D&B anyway....Cheers for November it was a good buzz by the way.....probably a distant memory to a globetrotter like yourself :wink:

anyway about that kikdrum?....slightly more attack?...hmmm strokes chin.............................................. ............................................ :D

Paul

Anonymous
07-01-2003, 04:40 PM
Im a girl. And Im interested in what youve all got to say.

Anonymous
07-01-2003, 06:49 PM
I have never understood the reason behind the different forms of dance music slagging each other off.

But what I really don't get is when 'Supposed-to-be Techno Heads' slag off other genres of techno saying that that this kind of techno's better than that and so&so kinda techno's shite.

IT'S NOT SHITE IT'S JUST NOT TO YOUR TASTE !!!! :evil:

If everyone liked the same kind of music the world would be a very boring place...

DeBz

MARKEG
07-01-2003, 07:23 PM
Exactly Debzzzzzzz!!!!

You the man!

oops woman... hehehe

Welcome to our Network.

ViperXXL
08-01-2003, 01:35 AM
I really be on the same Side! I´ve learned to hear Softer Techno and have also fun and everytime I be around in a little Club with Newcomer Djz and they spin good they will get my Hand and I will say "Thank you for the Music"

I can talk with my friends about styles I really hate or Djz that are just shit in some way but "speaking" is something different than "writing".

If you post to a Newcomer that a Track is not so good cause bad filtering or something else they will be in 50% offended and take it as a personal attack so in most cases I say just nothing, if someone really wants my oppinion he or she will get it but should not be offended if I don´t like the style or he or she is @ the beginning of producing and should use Filters and other bassdrums and so on....

but really - saying that Dj is crap but spinning good and say that just because he or she dont like the style is crap!

If someone makes a hard trance track I´ll not listening or will not post some shit just because it´s not my Style.....

Ya know what I mean - so keep it clear :)

gunjack
08-01-2003, 04:29 AM
...a little Club with Newcomer Djz and they spin good they will get my Hand and I will say "Thank you for the Music"

i know that english is not your first language, and i am not trying to flame you in any way, but the way you speak ^^ up there is very arrogant and i think you should learn about the nuances of the english language before someone comes after you for talking like the godfather...

@the subject. i personally think that most trance music is overproduced, formulaic, unoriginal, CONTRIVED, lacking substance etc. but instead of typing all of that, if would have typed "trance is crap" you would have become upset and consequenced the board somehow? i find this to be extreme, Mark.

are these boards not for expressing ones opinions? if so, then isn't expressing oneself as directly as possible the key to effective conversation on any given subject?

"moderation" is a topic which really burns me up... don't get me started i guess. :evil:

ViperXXL
08-01-2003, 07:29 AM
...a little Club with Newcomer Djz and they spin good they will get my Hand and I will say "Thank you for the Music"

i know that english is not your first language, and i am not trying to flame you in any way, but the way you speak ^^ up there is very arrogant and i think you should learn about the nuances of the english language before someone comes after you for talking like the godfather...

HUH :shock:

I think you misunderstand me. I show them my respect! I´m always happy if people comin up and say to me - hey that was cool - THX you man....I´m not talking as the godfather?!?!?!?!? Arrogant? When I say thx you for the Music - cool set - go on *screaming all over the way* Wrong? I know how it is to stand up there and I´m always happy if people like the music I spin and of course -> SAY IT TO ME :)

Do you think people are arrogant when they come up and say "hey that was cool - thx you!"

I dont know why you misunderstand me that way.....hmmmm - something is wrong - I better go to bed soon :lol:

Hope that´s ok now and you know what I mean with this ;)

As I said - "writing" is soooooooo different....

MARKEG
08-01-2003, 10:31 AM
hey deaf mosiac

totally see your point re: moderation

i wish i didn't have to do this shit.

but i just don't want this board to become what all the other boards become - a way for stoooped, jumped up assholes to say what they like because they're sitting behind a computer screen. i like the community we've got going here - and you do to or you wouldn't be on here. nothing i've read from you crosses any line whatsoever and i from what i can gather from you, you're very passionate about what you say and do and want to be as constuctive as possible. fine, i can see exactly where you're coming from. that's what we need here!

believe me, you'll know what I mean when I ban someone, cause I'll let you know my reasons upfront and i'll be straight with you. it's the assholes i'm looking for who have no time for other people's opinions. you'll thank me man. i'm been on so many boards where all they do is infuriate you. i don't want that for here. this is my first time doing this message board thing, i may make mistakes I may not, but that's what we're here for - to create something special and to talk about it all.

you've now said your reasons why you think trance is crap and as far as i'm concerned you're totally justified in saying trance is crap.

respex

MARKEG
08-01-2003, 10:37 AM
And yeah, Viper - I think I do understand you, a bit, but it's a little hard to read your English!

Nice to see you sticking up for what you believe in anywayz :=]

anx
08-01-2003, 09:54 PM

@the subject. i personally think that most trance music is overproduced, formulaic, unoriginal, CONTRIVED, lacking substance etc. but instead of typing all of that, if would have typed "trance is crap" you would have become upset and consequenced the board somehow? i find this to be extreme, Mark.

are these boards not for expressing ones opinions? if so, then isn't expressing oneself as directly as possible the key to effective conversation on any given subject?

"moderation" is a topic which really burns me up... don't get me started i guess. :evil:

i think what Mark is trying to say is

if your going to state your opinion make it an educated one
otherwise it just sounds like arrogant bullshit.

elaborate on why you think trance is ass or why you think 303's suck or what ever...
educated opinions start great debates, where as uneducated opinions (trance is ass) start up stupid banter that you see on every other message board...

MARKEG
08-01-2003, 10:15 PM
Thanx Anx...

Yes that's precisely what I mean!!!!

I think I'll use that quote in future if you don't mind mate...

:oops:

anx
08-01-2003, 11:48 PM
knock yourself out :twisted:

gunjack
09-01-2003, 04:14 PM
Mark did you really DELETE my response to anx?! are you CENSORING me?!

anx
09-01-2003, 08:46 PM
maybe you forgot to push the submit button...

MARKEG
09-01-2003, 11:05 PM
Deaf - did I f******&^*^&*^&*&^*&^*^&*^!!!??!! I'm definitely not going to ever be doing that to anyone. It's happened to me a couple of times on message boards and I'm not having that here. You probably didn't press reply.

278d7e64a374de26f==