PDA

View Full Version : My last track..

BranLanen
24-12-2006, 07:53 PM
Hi again, i have a new track and it's around 90% complete, maybe needing so much work in the mix but...almost complete.

Abjuration Of Secrets:

lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4810665&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4810665&q=hi

SWANNER
26-12-2006, 11:58 PM
no joy with this mate.needs better link

Elvio Neto
27-12-2006, 11:25 PM
wow

im not a big fan of this style but this track is very good

i like all the industrial elements of the track

very nice work

muy bien amigo ;)

dirty_bass
30-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Hello mate, interesting stuff, very cold, but trancey.

I found the overall sound a little too soft.
I understand your going for that kinda relaxed, makaton/regis sound, but I think there could be a little more sharpness in the mix as a lot of the sounds lack a little punch.

The kick particularly is a little soft on the front end and could do with punching through the mix a little more effectively.

As there is a lot of ambience here, I think more of a creative use of the stereo field would be great to really immerse the listener in all the washes of sound.

The strange metallic feedback sound is nice at around 1:00

I think the mix lacks a little warmth as well, so maybe you could work in some analog noises somehow.

Some kind oif escalation or crescendo with the percussion might also help the second half of the tune as I found myself losing interest towards the end.

Overall more stereo width, and a greater spread across the frequency spectrum would help.

BranLanen
30-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Hello mate, interesting stuff, very cold, but trancey.

I found the overall sound a little too soft.
I understand your going for that kinda relaxed, makaton/regis sound, but I think there could be a little more sharpness in the mix as a lot of the sounds lack a little punch.

The kick particularly is a little soft on the front end and could do with punching through the mix a little more effectively.

As there is a lot of ambience here, I think more of a creative use of the stereo field would be great to really immerse the listener in all the washes of sound.

The strange metallic feedback sound is nice at around 1:00

I think the mix lacks a little warmth as well, so maybe you could work in some analog noises somehow.

Some kind oif escalation or crescendo with the percussion might also help the second half of the tune as I found myself losing interest towards the end.

Overall more stereo width, and a greater spread across the frequency spectrum would help.

What a great help!
Yes i was trying to do a soft track...but...when i was doing it, some power raised ;)
I think i will try to do something with that ambience, and i must think what i want to do, maybe give the track definitively... power!

I want to introduce more percussions but i dont know how i can do it without losing the actual rhythm...i must think about that.

Thanks for your oppinion, now i think the track is only around the 25% to end.... :)

force
30-12-2006, 08:02 PM
i just cant get that link to work mate! even with the blocker off :whoops:

Could you put it on sendspace or something?

ERROR404
31-12-2006, 03:38 PM
really nice sounds :) i felt your track needs more detail and definately more kind of 'power' to the rhythms.
As the guys said i think the kick needs to cut through the mix a bit more.... liking the dark sounds though due - very nice.. reminded me a bit of some Inigo Kennedy's stuff on ;)

BranLanen
31-12-2006, 07:59 PM
the dark sounds though due - very nice.. reminded me a bit of some Inigo Kennedy's stuff on ;)

Of course! mr kennedy always was a great influence for me...

Yes, i think i'm going to get more powered kicks and also add some othe element (i dont know what element yet) :)

force
07-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Cool trck, although as the others have said, it needs a bit more dynamic 'punch'.

Try really emphasizing the first kik in the main kik pattern maybe.......? then take it from there

278d7e64a374de26f==