PDA

View Full Version : dirty bass 007 - a1 rock the show

Mucky Beats
26-12-2006, 10:11 PM
dirty bass 007 - a1 rock the show .... really loving this tune ! chris lib dropped it the other week.... and it was one of those what the hell is that moments! just down loaded it today off dirtybass's download site and gave it a spin... and ended up not mixing inito it and letting the funky yet dark track play to the end... class track!

v0ins
03-01-2007, 11:45 PM
agreed!!! rock the show isss naaasssty

fac
04-01-2007, 12:10 AM
maybe i'm not british enough to understand this tune :whoops:

eyeswithoutaface
04-01-2007, 01:17 AM
you dont have to be, you either like it or you dont. Simple really.

quality track indeed, the whole ep was superb

retox
04-01-2007, 03:16 AM
wasnt into this track im afraid,found it a bit too much on the marco bailey tip and the vocal did my tree in.

love some of dirty bass's stuff usually neon rain on fire etc.

fac
04-01-2007, 03:28 AM
found it a bit too much on the marco bailey tipexactly my first thought

Si the Sigh
04-01-2007, 08:26 AM
I thought it was easier on the ears than other DB releases if that makes sense. Something for everyone, a great change of direction for Steve and IMO the best Dirty Bass release to date. The whole EP is spot on.

dirty_bass
04-01-2007, 09:25 AM
I thought it was easier on the ears than other DB releases if that makes sense. Something for everyone, a great change of direction for Steve and IMO the best Dirty Bass release to date. The whole EP is spot on.

No change of direction on this release at all. I been doing bassline based cheese on my A-Sides since day dot.
Just a 4 track ep with something for everyone.
Bit of cheese
Bit of banging
Something to make you think
and something a bit dark.

One last release coming up though, and then Dirty Bass is history.

thanks for the support though guys.

Si the Sigh
04-01-2007, 10:13 AM
One last release coming up though, and then Dirty Bass is history.

Why?

dirty_bass
04-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Time to move on.
Been making what I would call mainstream techno or "techno techno", for years now. My music history has been one of change and yet I seem to have got stuck on this type of music for too long now.
There`s little room left for progression in this music, and my feet itch for something challenging.

The label will still be around but it will be a vehicle for new talent.

Si the Sigh
04-01-2007, 10:37 AM
Thats a cool idea. Fair play, and good luck with what ever you move on to next.

Buttman
04-01-2007, 10:45 AM
There`s little room left for progression in this music, and my feet itch for something challenging.

Good man

dan the acid man
04-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Time to move on.
Been making what I would call mainstream techno or "techno techno", for years now. My music history has been one of change and yet I seem to have got stuck on this type of music for too long now.

well good luck with it, i've always been a fan of the label, like you say, there's something for everyone, it's also great you're keeping the label going for new talent.

loopdon
04-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Time to move on.

I feel you. What kind of musical progression are you thinking of if i may ask. If it's top secret - pm :)

Ever thought of offering mastering services for cash? I know some bigger-name german producers/djs (andreas kauffelt/rob acid..) have started this a year or two ago and it seems to work out nicely for them.

dirty_bass
04-01-2007, 07:31 PM
I feel you. What kind of musical progression are you thinking of if i may ask. If it's top secret - pm :)

Ever thought of offering mastering services for cash? I know some bigger-name german producers/djs (andreas kauffelt/rob acid..) have started this a year or two ago and it seems to work out nicely for them.

Once the sound treatment is finished in the new studio I will be advertising and opening for professional mastering and engineering.
As for musical progression, well, new label on the way (very hush hush), continued work on Singularity (which is a work of love, and will be released as and when), and just a general cutting loose from the confines of techno.
I really want to move "out of the house and into the field" as UR put it.
Diversification of electronic music that still fits into an area where it can be listened and partied too. LEss focus on techno, more focus on music.
Well, in my eyes, I`ll still be doing techno, but techno in theory, as opposed to the boom-tish that has become associated with techno.

Hard to explain, but what most people call techno these days is as far from "technological" or "futuristic" music as it can be, to me.

fils_here
04-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Once the sound treatment is finished in the new studio I will be advertising and opening for professional mastering and engineering.
As for musical progression, well, new label on the way (very hush hush), continued work on Singularity (which is a work of love, and will be released as and when), and just a general cutting loose from the confines of techno.
I really want to move "out of the house and into the field" as UR put it.
Diversification of electronic music that still fits into an area where it can be listened and partied too. LEss focus on techno, more focus on music.
Well, in my eyes, I`ll still be doing techno, but techno in theory, as opposed to the boom-tish that has become associated with techno.

Hard to explain, but what most people call techno these days is as far from "technological" or "futuristic" music as it can be, to me.

hope it all works out for you DB :icon14:

loopdon
04-01-2007, 08:27 PM
thanks for the explanation. atm my interest for techno has been re-fueled in a way. not by the already pretty formulistic (?) minimal with 808 toms and glitchiness for the sake of it. and i would really really love an evening which could be ruffly labeled 'techno' , or at least dance-able presenting a diverse and fresh range of music. i mean a hard track followed by a minimal track inbetween, then some acid, tech-house, neo-trance or whatever. a good and vital mix i'd say. or bastards between the genres, whatever. just not: it's schranz time or acid-time o minimal etc. and nothing else until it has been trodden to death and it's full-on-schranz again after years of minimal for example. hybrids!

atm i am quite into the stuff by guy gerber, extrawelt, dominik eulberg etc. the more melodic väthy-stuff. i think it is more organic in a way. but not ONLY that kinda stuff. i have come to the conclusion that this kind of sound is nothing new at all. it reminds me of trance before it became tiesto-dized, say 1992-96 or so.

whenever i hear a bland 909 hihat etc. nowadays i kinda sickens me.

what i really want to say is: i understand your reasoning and wish you the best in your endeavors! :)

MARK NEENAN
10-01-2007, 06:22 PM
Time to move on.

Sad to hear it but good luck in future anyway, it's good the label is keeping going for new talent though!

Not sure what number it is but i have a white label db rec and i love the 2 track's on the b-side i think, been playing them loads lately. One has that underground tube noise through it and the other one is a lot deeper and has some speaking in it?? Wicked stuff!

dirty_bass
10-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Sad to hear it but good luck in future anyway, it's good the label is keeping going for new talent though!

Not sure what number it is but i have a white label db rec and i love the 2 track's on the b-side i think, been playing them loads lately. One has that underground tube noise through it and the other one is a lot deeper and has some speaking in it?? Wicked stuff!

A white label of DB007

I`d like to know what was written on it, or did it have a stamp, as I released very few white labels bar to a few friends.

MARK NEENAN
10-01-2007, 07:10 PM
A white label of DB007

I`d like to know what was written on it, or did it have a stamp, as I released very few white labels bar to a few friends.

I'm not at home now haven't got it to hand, but it's all hand written on there in blue thin felt tip, i think it's just the track names's but i can't think what there called, i know my fav is that terror on the underground! Didn't realise it was number 7, absolutely loving it. Pissed off i didn't play it new year now! (it was more of an acid set!)

davethedrummer
15-01-2007, 11:02 PM
Time to move on.

make it a porsche
not a skoda

dirty_bass
16-01-2007, 11:07 PM
make it a porsche
not a skoda

I wanted to make it an Austin Princess actually.

robin m
17-01-2007, 12:20 AM
I thought this EP was ****ing quality, I've played all 4 tracks in different sets and they're all great in different ways. Best of the label so far for me... this thread's a bit behind the times though isn't it? Didn't the record come out about a year ago now? :whoops:

Definitely keen to hear your new stuff DB - fair play for keeping moving onto something new, at the end of the day that's the whole point...

dirty_bass
17-01-2007, 01:46 AM
I thought this EP was ****ing quality, I've played all 4 tracks in different sets and they're all great in different ways. Best of the label so far for me... this thread's a bit behind the times though isn't it? Didn't the record come out about a year ago now? :whoops:

Definitely keen to hear your new stuff DB - fair play for keeping moving onto something new, at the end of the day that's the whole point...

Well you can check some of the new stuff on my new label.
I`m now recording techno as Voidloss, and also under another name that I won`t reveal.
Here`s the new label, also featuring (as label partner and producer Villain) BOA`s X-Fivehttp://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/212825-01.htm&highlight=voidloss

Also, a recent Voidloss live PA from Poland.
http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=42985

There are a few Voidloss releases lined up, but I`m in no rush to knock out the releases on a regular basis, I`m more interested in letting the music take me to where it needs me, and far more interested in live performance when it comes to a public "product".

I`ll be doing a Voidloss special show for Techno.fm soon which will showcase more of where I am going, but I don`t wanna give a date for that yet, as I am still very much in the midst of creating it and would rather not commi to a deadline. I want it to be something really special.

In fact ideally I`d like to get a video artist to work on the show with me, so if anyone knows of a talented video artist then please let me know.

dan the acid man
21-01-2007, 02:17 AM
is there gonna be any chance of getting some of your house/tech house/minimal stuff on mp3 ?

dirty_bass
21-01-2007, 04:58 AM
is there gonna be any chance of getting some of your house/tech house/minimal stuff on mp3 ?

Almost definitely this year.

dan the acid man
21-01-2007, 05:10 AM
cool, that's the answer i was hoping for :cool:

v0ins
22-01-2007, 10:15 PM
my rock the show vinyl has a scratch in a really crucial part....
the track is pretty much ruined =(

dirty_bass
23-01-2007, 01:32 AM
Sorry to hear that.
you might be lucky and find a copy somewhere.
But as far as I know it`s all sold out.

A.P.
17-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Does anyone know where i can get a copy of this fine piece of plastic?
I've the same problem as vOins, mine is unplayable now so defo need a new one.

Any help much appreciated guys.

eyeswithoutaface
17-09-2007, 07:51 PM
ive got a copy, but steve rimmed it first, so im definately not parting with it

it smells divine

dirty_bass
17-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Ask Pat at Electronik, he may have one lying about.
I`ve only got 1 copy myself.

DB008 out soon!!!!

A.P.
17-09-2007, 08:42 PM
ive got a copy, but steve rimmed it first, so im definately not parting with it

it smells divine

Haha!

A.P.
17-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Ask Pat at Electronik, he may have one lying about.
I`ve only got 1 copy myself.

DB008 out soon!!!!

Ok Steve, cheers.
Looking forward to DB008

eyeswithoutaface
17-09-2007, 08:50 PM
yeah cant wait for DB008 sonny

is that the vinyl or the digital remixes too chieftan?

278d7e64a374de26f==