PDA

View Full Version : DAVE CLARKE - RADIO 1

MARKEG
22-12-2002, 01:29 AM
What the hell was going on last night RE: Dave Clarke's MIX on Fergie's show?

Fergie announces 'Bear with us whilst we sort out a new new mixer for Dave Clarke cause this one is terrible'. Meanwhile on comes Dave Clarke with his first tune, panning the tracks from left to right and using tricks that I'm almost 100% sure could only be done with a Pioneer DJM-500/600...

Plus nearly all DJ's pre-record their radio mixes for R1.

It sounded like a massive ploy to make himself sound amazing.

If this is the case, I'm stunned....

What did everyone else think? I didn't think the mix was particularly amazing either.....

DJ Weiss
09-01-2003, 02:57 PM
didn't actually hear it... but for ****s sake, wtf was Dave Clarke doing on Fergies show???

if i was dave clarke i'd be twatting fergie around the head with the dodgy mixer... and shouting.. "You're Not a Techno DJ.... and you have no rights to call yourself one!!!...........You're Not a Techno DJ.... and you have no rights to call yourself one!!!...........You're Not a Techno DJ.... and you have no rights to call yourself one!!!...........You're Not a Techno DJ.... and you have no rights to call yourself one!!!...........You're Not a Techno DJ.... and you have no rights to call yourself one!!!...........You're Not a Techno DJ.... and you have no rights to call yourself one!!!...........You're Not a Techno DJ.... and you have no rights to call yourself one!!!...........You're Not a Techno DJ.... and you have no rights to call yourself one!!!...........You're Not a Techno DJ.... and you have no rights to call yourself one!!!..........." untill his skul caves in

:evil: :twisted:

Esox Lucius
09-01-2003, 06:03 PM
since when did fergie claim to be a techno dj?

dave IS an amazing dj & he doesn`t need to try and sound amazing, one of the best techno jocks around, i personally thought the set was very good... although i have to admit why the **** are the likes of clarke, sims, mark broom & oliver ho doing going on fergie the ****wits show?

krakp0t
09-01-2003, 06:09 PM
dave clarke is bizarre guy. i sincerely doubt there's any rational sounding explaination for his mix.

fergie is just on the bandwagon. isn't uk hardhouse dead yet?

this will all pass.

eyes without a face
09-01-2003, 10:31 PM
Dave Clarke going on fergies show is no worse than Picotto playing at Gueshky, or Umek and Mistress Barbara playing Godskitchen.

i personally thought the mix was wikid, some quality tunes indeed

JACKSTAR
10-01-2003, 03:10 AM
Dave played DJ Bam Bam - B's Nutz (JKS006) in his mix so I was happy for the airplay. Also if Fergie asked me to do a mix on his show I WOULD JUMP AT THE CHANCE small record labels need the much deserved national airtime which is lacking in the "uk techno scene" so why not indeed.

P.

www.paullangley.net

www.jackstar-recordings.com

Azz
10-01-2003, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't really care if Dave Clarke was on Children’s BBC doing a set before Neighbours, he just getting the message across in what ever way possible... The more people that hear it, the more people get into it, the more people that get into it, the more people start producing it, and the more people start producing it... Gives us something to talk about on this board!!!

The way some of you speak it’s as if you would like techno to be locked inside a techno room for which you need a techno admission pass to get in and hear it… The music is never going to go anywhere with narrow minds… Sorry guys but its true

DJ Weiss
10-01-2003, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't really care if Dave Clarke was on Children’s BBC doing a set before Neighbours, he just getting the message across in what ever way possible... The more people that hear it, the more people get into it, the more people that get into it, the more people start producing it, and the more people start producing it... Gives us something to talk about on this board!!!

The way some of you speak it’s as if you would like techno to be locked inside a techno room for which you need a techno admission pass to get in and hear it… The music is never going to go anywhere with narrow minds… Sorry guys but its true

Oooops good point.... :!:

but Dave Clarke before Neighbours.... i like that idea!!!

TripleX
23-01-2003, 05:40 PM
does anyone know how he does these tricks with the DJM600.
I spend an hour infront of my mixer to find out, but i didn´t :roll:
actually still have no clue

4play
24-01-2003, 02:14 AM
I wonder what it is with Fergie at the moment getting all of em to play on his show,
Maybe he has relised what a ****ing amazing music it is and needs some tips on how to mix it properly! What u reckon he is doing it for???? :?:

DJZeMig_L
27-01-2003, 01:41 AM
Main tricks... use delay, get it 1/2.. now switch from dry 2 wet on the beat 2 cut out the kicks, .. go on the off beat 2 get a off beat repeat...

Echo... 3/4... cut bass, switch 2 wet, now play around with the eq.... instant weird spacy break!

.. try these and let me know if it works.. then I giv' ya some others! ;)

Z

TripleX
27-01-2003, 04:16 PM
2ZeMigL:
What do you méan with "wet and dry beat"?
muito obrigado! :D (for your help)

DJZeMig_L
27-01-2003, 04:41 PM
On top of the on/off u have a rotary fader, which is a sort of crossfade between the "dry" (no efxs, i.e. the original sound), and the wet (completely wet, means u hear only the efxs and none of the original sound!)... sorry but I don't remember the exact Pionner terminology.. maybe it will be something like efx depth!

So u've been 2 Portugal hey!? :)

Z

TripleX
27-01-2003, 06:40 PM
thanks i thought u mean that, but i wanted to be sure.
yes i have been to Portugal (acores) a few times, my parents bought a little house on sao miguel and my mum learned to speak potuguise.
a really nice place with probably the most friendly people i ever met, not compareable to germany.

gunjack
28-01-2003, 03:07 AM
On top of the on/off u have a rotary fader, which is a sort of crossfade between the "dry" (no efxs, i.e. the original sound), and the wet (completely wet, means u hear only the efxs and none of the original sound!)... sorry but I don't remember the exact Pionner terminology.. maybe it will be something like efx depth!

So u've been 2 Portugal hey!? :)

Z

hey Z. this is gunjack. i want to get together and maybe talk about some things.... i will be in spain during march, can you travel to spain or shall i go to lisbon?

DJZeMig_L
28-01-2003, 05:34 PM
Hey gunJ

Will continue this by Private message!

Z

carminator
28-01-2003, 07:34 PM
I have to say that the past two times I have heard Dave Clarke he wasn't up to much. Both at Dance Valley in Amsterdam and Creamfields he was shite. His mixing was appalling and his tunes wern't all that either. I was shocked and disappointed, everytime I have heard him Dj at Nation or where ever he has been brilliant. I think he's losing his touch, I won't be breaking my back to see himagain that's for sure! :D

eyes without a face
28-01-2003, 10:43 PM
Clarkey can have his off days, as can everyone else. but catch him on the rite nite, usually in the famous Courtyard or at Atomic Jam and my word the man is ****in class

ampassasinbirmingham
28-01-2003, 11:15 PM
Im with eyes without a face. Dave clarke got me into techno after watching him at the jam. He gets down to the point and mixes. he does what hes paid to do mix techno and he does a pretty good job of it 2.

278d7e64a374de26f==