PDA

View Full Version : swedish techno

Col
23-10-2003, 11:21 PM
patrick skoog, hardcell, johan bacto, henrik b, carl lekebush, thomas krome, adam beyer, etc, etc, etc

why are their so many shit hot techno producers from sweden? im led to believe that the techno scene in sweden is almost non-existant, so why so many top class techno producers? i dont think sweden has a wealth of top producers in any other genre, so why techno? is their something special about sweden that inspires such great techno?

just curious to see what theory's you can come up with, is their anyone from sweden who regulary posts on here? and is anyone else a big fan of the swedish sound?

Esox Lucius
23-10-2003, 11:25 PM
mad innit, some lad on another forum went to study in sweden for 6 months and said there was hardly any techno even in stockholm there wasnt much! :?: :shock:

Sunil
23-10-2003, 11:35 PM
patrick skoog, hardcell, johan bacto, henrik b, carl lekebush, thomas krome, adam beyer, etc, etc, etc

why are their so many shit hot techno producers from sweden? im led to believe that the techno scene in sweden is almost non-existant, so why so many top class techno producers? i dont think sweden has a wealth of top producers in any other genre, so why techno? is their something special about sweden that inspires such great techno?

just curious to see what theory's you can come up with, is their anyone from sweden who regulary posts on here? and is anyone else a big fan of the swedish sound?

Yeah I think this is a kind of unanswered question, I guess they are a small dedicated group of people who happen to be very good at what they do. The success of Beyer,Lekebusch, Mull etc. rubbed off on the new wave a lot, and now there is a big community of producers from there releasing great techno..

Col
24-10-2003, 12:26 AM
i forgot to mention steffan ehrlin, another of my fave producers at the mo.

Sunil
24-10-2003, 12:35 AM

he used to be Slobodan, in case you didn't already know. Tobias Von Hofsten is another wicked producer, his site is pretty good ... http://www.illegal-sthlm.nu/

Dustin Zahn
24-10-2003, 01:17 AM
I can see where this thread is going to become a debate on how swedish techno sucks or not...but I hope it stays as positive as possible.

First off, I feel the success and quality of the music driven by the producers sticking together. Take the current crop of swedish producers, a lot of them are close friends. These guys can stick together and push each other further and further. They help each other out, give each other tips, etc. The same thing has also happened with the italians. I think the reason they are so successful is that they stick together and push each other.

I am a fan of the swedish sound, and theres quite a few producers coming up who are great.

Among others who deserve to be listed are grovskopa and archae, hertz, per mikael, mhonolink, and so many more.

I heard they actually give students a crash course on midi music in school, can anyone verify that this is true? No matter the case...sure its drummy music, sure its repetitive, sure its moody, synthy, whatever...but I totally dig it.

The Overfiend
24-10-2003, 01:26 AM
I agree with Zahn rock.
They probably all sit there and compare software and hardware notes together.
They aren't out to one up the next man.
They collaborate and push each other forward instead of knocking the other down.
I may not like everything from them granted but they are a talented bunch.
If only America can be the same.

The Overfiend
24-10-2003, 01:27 AM

he used to be Slobodan, in case you didn't already know. Tobias Von Hofsten is another wicked producer, his site is pretty good ... http://www.illegal-sthlm.nu/

And yes Tobias Is Ill!!! :clap:

Col
24-10-2003, 01:35 AM
yep, hertz is another one of my fave producers at the mo, i was actually informed that he was german!, and ive never been able to find much info about him on the net. i love sway records, i love that sound.

Col
24-10-2003, 01:38 AM

i didnt know that sunil! i thought they were 2 entirley different producers.

Dave Elyzium
24-10-2003, 01:41 AM
isnt it the same as the whole german trance thing in as much as we are mad for it over here but there is no real scene in germany itself?

Bughead
24-10-2003, 09:55 AM
Steffan Ehrilin is Slobodan, his brother was in ( and probably still is ) in Headroom, cannot belive no one mentioned Joel Mull...

Yeah was asking someone about this and all Swedish students have to take music in school ( this and having one of the best software writing groups in the world " Propellerheads" for Reason)

Par Grindvig being another one, Arche and Grovskopa touch of class...

And as well the have the Rave police ( its a commission that if you want to have rave dance type event you have to get the go ahead from them...)

that and the government sells beer...

dcdn
24-10-2003, 11:16 AM
and what to think about, jesper dahlbeck, fredrik almquist (aka rnd) which is one of my favorite swedish producers.

Buttman
24-10-2003, 11:33 AM
why are their so many shit hot techno producers from sweden? im led to believe that the techno scene in sweden is almost non-existant,

Maybe that is the reason? Because of the non-existant scene everyone has adopted a DIY-attitude.

Jimfish
24-10-2003, 11:42 AM
niklas holmqvist is one to watch too..

i have actually posed this question to a couple of the swedes and they tell me its cos its so damn cold they all just want to stay in the warm and tweak thier knobs - coupled with the fact that the scene has been crushed by the super-strict rozzers so as buttman says, DIY..

Esox Lucius
24-10-2003, 01:06 PM
Aril Brikha is swedish isnt he? he's an amazing producer.

Dustin Zahn
24-10-2003, 02:11 PM

It's getting a little better. Though americans claim they help push each other, its surprising when they actually do.

As for the scene, yes its a shame...strict government.

eyes without a face
24-10-2003, 02:13 PM
Glenn Wilson had a fair hand in the getting the swedish thing going aswell if im not mistaken, i think he lived there and started a record shop there, and released some of Beyer and Co's earlier work?

anyway, i quite like the swedish sound. There are some really good producers, my faves being Patrik Skoog, Par Grindvik, Slobodan and Hardcell. Especially Hardcell and Skoog tho.

Jimfish
24-10-2003, 02:19 PM
i think planet rhythm was originally a record shop over there..
and i think before 'planet rhythm uk' there was 'planet rhythm' which was when it was besed in sweden

Jimfish
24-10-2003, 02:22 PM
ya, skoog and mull are my favourites...

not very fashionable at the moment i know, but i am a real Beyer fan too

The Overfiend
24-10-2003, 02:31 PM

It's getting a little better. Though americans claim they help push each other, its surprising when they actually do.

Exactly

Dustin Zahn
24-10-2003, 06:25 PM
Glenn Wilson had a fair hand in the getting the swedish thing going aswell if im not mistaken, i think he lived there and started a record shop there, and released some of Beyer and Co's earlier work?

Yes, it's true. Glenn might be one of the most under-credited people in the industry in my opinion. When you ask who the people are that really did it for how techno is today you'll always hear about the Bellvue 3 or Jeff Mills, but never Wilson. If it weren't for Wilson, these people wouldn't have had the opportunity to imitate the "jeff mills" sound like you guys claim. ;)

Love or hate the swedish sound, I believe Glenn played a major part in it and its kinda changed how the whole scene is today.

manuel
24-10-2003, 07:36 PM

Yes, it's true. Glenn might be one of the most under-credited people in the industry in my opinion. When you ask who the people are that really did it for how techno is today you'll always hear about the Bellvue 3 or Jeff Mills, but never Wilson. If it weren't for Wilson, these people wouldn't have had the opportunity to imitate the "jeff mills" sound like you guys claim. ;)

Love or hate the swedish sound, I believe Glenn played a major part in it and its kinda changed how the whole scene is today.

Yep he sure did.
If it weren't for Glenn's top dollar none of the loopy techno would be as famous as it has come to be.

Col
25-10-2003, 12:47 AM
ok so far we have:

1. they all help each other out. good old communal spirit.

2. the police deprive them of partys. a sense of repression maybe?

3. and its so cold in sweden that they cant be arsed venturing outside, so they find ways of burning energy indoors, ie knocking out some of the best techno on the planet.

surely there is more to this?

Col
25-10-2003, 12:49 AM
or maybe i wish there were something more than this? :neutral:

Buttman
25-10-2003, 12:53 AM
I just think I realized why the techno output is so high in Sweden. Here, unlike many other countries, one can live a totally decent life on welfare. Living on welfare = lots of free time.

In e.g. Slovakia people starve without a job. And how to have time to make loads of techno records if you need a full time job to survive?

I might be cynic but I really think this is the reason.

Esox Lucius
25-10-2003, 03:32 AM

I have a lot of respect for glenn, but he isnt in the same league as mills, fowlkes, hood & may etc.

eyes without a face
25-10-2003, 09:51 AM
i dont think u could compare him to them to be honest, he's carved a totally different sound to the names youve mentioned, but i can see where ur coming from, the likes of May and Hood are regarded as total living legends.

Buttman - i think youve hit the nail on the head there, the more free time the more u can get into the production. I have to hold down a full time job myself and i can definately say that this stops me from working on music as much as id like to.

Mattias Fridell (emb)
25-10-2003, 10:49 AM
Ok, let me in to this.
I am a technoproducer from Sweden so let me join this thread.

First of all, there is many producers which is very good friends such as;
Adam Beyer, Joel Mull, Jesper Dahlbäck, Cari Lekebusch & Tobias von Hofsten. All the people from Stockholm.

Thats is one of the "camps".

Now, in the other "camp" we have artists like Johan Bacto, Hardcell, Hertz, Mhonolink & Henrik B.

My actual opinion about swedish techno is that the artists that I already have mentioned is all good producers, but I dont like their music so much.
It has become a Hype, in my opinion.

Now, we have some artists that I really like from my home country such as; Headroom, Staffan Ehrlin/Slobodan.

We on Embowel records has good contact with both Headroom & Staffan becasuse we really like their kind of techno, the techno that we ourselves is producing and releasing. We have just released one EP so far on Embowel but 5 new releases is upcoming and will be released from October to Mars (we hope), but we have distribution problem rigth now (every label has), and the problem here is that we are NOT in the circle of "the network of friends which are techno producers". This pheomenon can cause problems for labels just like our own.

The thing is we like music like Headroom, Glenn Wilson, Slobodan & The Anxious and we will also release music like that and the scene of that kind of techno is not very big in Sweden. The hard, dark style is not so accepted here.

So, finally, Sweden is a country which contains producers who is "bothers in law" with eachother.

Finally I would like to thank Mark for his good review of our first release 2Solutions EP", Thanks Mark! We really liked it!

Mr.Ebola
25-10-2003, 11:25 AM
If you ask me, i would say that there are alot of really good and interesting producers i other regions of Sweden. And bu that i mean the kind that still does it for the kick and friendship with others, and not in a comercial way like Cari Lekebush posing in a ad for some synths wearing
trendy clothes, selling a lifestyle. yack. thats far from underground, right!?

Those few people procuing that slow semifunky mumbojumbo beats may seem good as a first contact in the electronic cene but the "Stockholm techno" fenomenon gets far more credits then it deserves.

Sorry to say, but if i had a label i wouldent release those kind of people as: patrick skoog, hardcell, johan bacto, henrik b, carl lekebush, thomas krome, adam beyer.

Mattias Fridell (emb)
25-10-2003, 01:11 PM
"Those few people procuing that slow semifunky mumbojumbo beats may seem good as a first contact in the electronic cene but the "Stockholm techno" fenomenon gets far more credits then it deserves.

Sorry to say, but if i had a label i wouldent release those kind of people as: patrick skoog, hardcell, johan bacto, henrik b, carl lekebush, thomas krome, adam beyer.[/quote]"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with some of that. Many of them gets far more credit then they deserve.
And We wont release Hardcell, Johan Bacto or Adam Beyer either.

Patrick Skoog is another story, his music is very good if you ask me and
I wont have problems with a Patrick Release on our label, cause his music fits our "musical profile", if you know what I mean. The typical " Stockholm sound" lives on its reputation rhather than quality (my opinion folks, but of course I really like some releases there too), the sound from the Swedish south region is far more intersting.

The Overfiend
25-10-2003, 02:42 PM
Not for nothing I've met Cari in Nyc and he didn't come off in any way commercialized. In fact our discussion had more to do with graffiti than the sad state of techno in Sweden which he did concede there was a scene the size of a thumbnail. As far as posing with stylish clothes why knock his opportunity, lets not forget he "raps", and is part of the hip hop culture which is all about check this sh*t out. He still comes correct in my opinion, and that has nothing to do with the fact that he's a damned dirty Swede :clap:
I think I detect a bit of jealousy on your part.

Mattias Fridell (emb)
25-10-2003, 05:22 PM
I guess your reply wasn´t ment to me, casue I have nothing against Cari, it´s actually the opposit, Cari, has helped me (us) alot.

And one more thing; Yes, it´s true that the wheater in Sweden is very cold so instead of going out, we stay indoors and create music, hehe.

Sunil
25-10-2003, 05:59 PM
If you ask me, i would say that there are alot of really good and interesting producers i other regions of Sweden. And bu that i mean the kind that still does it for the kick and friendship with others, and not in a comercial way like Cari Lekebush posing in a ad for some synths wearing
trendy clothes, selling a lifestyle. yack. thats far from underground, right!?

you can't begrudge him for being in an ad, or even for wearing trendy clothes. what should he have worn, a load of shop soiled seconds from his local charity shop?! it's impossible to stay "underground" your whole career particularly if you are any way successful, and he's been going for the best part of ten years now

The Overfiend
25-10-2003, 08:40 PM
I guess your reply wasn´t ment to me, casue I have nothing against Cari, it´s actually the opposit, Cari, has helped me (us) alot.

And one more thing; Yes, it´s true that the wheater in Sweden is very cold so instead of going out, we stay indoors and create music, hehe.

Nah not at all to you.

Jimfish
26-10-2003, 10:46 AM
yeah, i dont have a problem with a musician apearing in a synth advert..
synths are objects of pride and affection for most folks like us - i love my music gear and am proud of it, if the people that made it asked me to help them in any way i would be honoured.

Mattias Fridell (emb)
26-10-2003, 11:25 AM
The word "underground" is pretty weird if you ask me.
What is it that is so underground by techno music?
I mean, some of us works with techno music and labels, is that underground? We´re trying to live on our music (yeah, i know, many of us works with other things to).

Does people have to look in a certain way to be underground?
When i am talking about "underground" i talk about a white record label which has released a EP in about 50 copies and the artists and the tracks are not even typed on the record.
Well, in my mind it´s like that, but i guess all people have their own opinion.

Dustin Zahn
26-10-2003, 09:48 PM
The whole underground mentality is such bullshit, especially now with the advent of the internet.

And Cari, why knock him? This is what Cari does. If someone offered me money or decent looking clothes to endorse them, hell I'd do it. It's not like him posing in a ****ing ad changes how his music sounds. And also, techno doesn't pay the bills like many of you think...so imo anything is welcome.

At the end of the day, its up to you how you feel about these producers from Sweden. What I do know for a producers stand-point is that their production and mastering is definetely tops. Especially artists such as Joel Mull, the sound quality is extremely impressive and puts a lot of other producers to shame. I'm not nessecarily saying the music is great 100% of the time...but the sound quality is always on point. This is my opinion.

Col
26-10-2003, 10:43 PM
i can pick up on what your sayin dustin, even with the likes of hardcell, bacto, and hertz, the quality of production is immense, so clean and yet so crisp.

MARKEG
26-10-2003, 11:47 PM
The word "underground" is pretty weird if you ask me.
What is it that is so underground by techno music?
I mean, some of us works with techno music and labels, is that underground? We´re trying to live on our music (yeah, i know, many of us works with other things to).

ahhhemmmm i think i've just wet myself :)

MARKEG
26-10-2003, 11:50 PM
i don't care if it's sweden, london or timbuktoo...

oh ok perhaps i do... but we're all trying to make a statement.

mind you, leeds rocks :)

hehehe

MARKEG
27-10-2003, 12:00 AM
ok, so back to the topic...

swedish techno.

cari is a lovely bloke BTW. embowel - a fantastic new label - the best 1st release i think i've ever heard from a swedish label.

sweden seems to have an undercurrent of producers that consistently shine through. but so does the UK. so what do we have in common?!?!! hmmmm... interesting subject....

Dustin Zahn
27-10-2003, 12:36 AM
sweden seems to have an undercurrent of producers that consistently shine through. but so does the UK. so what do we have in common?!?!! hmmmm... interesting subject....

shitty weather?

The Overfiend
27-10-2003, 12:56 AM
Oh my god
I'm on the floor. :lol:

Col
27-10-2003, 01:02 AM

shitty weather?

ha ha ha :lol:

Mattias Fridell (emb)
27-10-2003, 09:34 AM
Yeah, it´s the bad weather!
In Sweden we´re freezing to death and in UK they drown cause the rain...

Swedish techno & UK Techno, he best of the best if you ask me.

Angrymann
27-10-2003, 01:42 PM
I think it's got a lot to do with the fact that a few of the Swedish producers came to the fore at roughly the same time. They released a few cracking records and made a name for themselves as "Swedish" techno producers. People became very interested in that sound as it was fresh , so a lot of people wanted to hear this "SWECHNO" , so it became easier for other artists to break through , because of the demand for that sound.

I also think a secret to their success is ( as someone has already said) the crisp sound of all their records. Even if you don't like the style you will still have to admit that the production is top notch.

And I seriously do reckon it has a lot to do with the weather too.

The swedes stay in produce records , shag all the time , have sauna's, smoke pipes and tell innuendo jokes to each other.

Us Scots just drink too much , smoke too much dope , take too many drugs , eat any food that comes with a government health warning . Therefor we are too ****ed to produce techno.

The English are good at producing techno cause their pubs shut early so they have to go home at 11am. That is the ONLY reason!!!! ;) ;)

Mattias Fridell (emb)
27-10-2003, 03:16 PM
One more thing;
Here in Sweden we got Snus (snuff)! That´s the key to succes!

Col
27-10-2003, 03:23 PM
do you really have lots of blonde lesbos? or am i just been stereotypical? :lol:

Esox Lucius
27-10-2003, 03:25 PM
mmmmmmmmm swedish women

Angrymann
27-10-2003, 05:17 PM
Hmmm Scandanavian women

Hmmm Any women

Esox Lucius
27-10-2003, 05:18 PM
haha :lol:

Dustin Zahn
27-10-2003, 10:47 PM
I thought the women were really quite a site when I was in Sweden. I think the whole weather subject on its own is a really good topic for discussion. How techno affects one's techno making. Granted it's not going to have the same effect on every producer, but at least a good majority.

Like you were saying...Sweden has good producers because of the harsh weather...england's weather isn't that great either...so the music tends to be maybe...a bit harder or darker. The italians down in napoli...its pretty sunny there (that I know) so maybe that's why their techno is so damn bouncey and happy most of the time.

Bottom line...there's a few good things that have come out of Sweden!

Col
27-10-2003, 11:24 PM
yeah and isnt sweden a very clean country? with crisp weather? maybe that has something to do with their programming? :eh: :doh:

or maybe im gettin a little carried away :neutral: , although i do think surroundings play a part in music, i do think there is a link for sure.

Jimfish
28-10-2003, 01:38 AM
i do actually find my mixes come out crisper when my studio is all nice and tidy..

Mattias Fridell (emb)
28-10-2003, 10:21 AM
Like you were saying...Sweden has good producers because of the harsh weather...england's weather isn't that great either...so the music tends to be maybe...a bit harder or darker. The italians down in napoli...its pretty sunny there (that I know) so maybe that's why their techno is so damn bouncey and happy most of the time.

Bottom line...there's a few good things that have come out of Sweden![/quote]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, that´s it, bad dark weather becomes dark hard techno.
Every tourist coming to Sweden always coment the "Swedish Women".

And, yes, we have a lot of blonde lesbos, actually we have a lot of blonde women around.

Is it really so bad looking girls in other countries? I mean, I really think that the "Swedish blonde women" phenomen is pretty exaggerated.

EX
28-10-2003, 10:35 AM
I thought the women were really quite a site when I was in Sweden. I think the whole weather subject on its own is a really good topic for discussion. How techno affects one's techno making. Granted it's not going to have the same effect on every producer, but at least a good majority.

Bottom line...there's a few good things that have come out of Sweden!

nice theory, but what about spain then? ;) reeko, mulero, wunsch... pretty dark too. of course they do have their funky producers as well.

yeswehavetheright
28-10-2003, 10:36 AM
Is it really so bad looking girls in other countries? I mean, I really think that the "Swedish blonde women" phenomen is pretty exaggerated.

Just go for a saturday night out in Wakefield mate, then you'll see!

miromiric.
28-10-2003, 10:39 AM
we have been in war, all wet and starving to death so we cant help it to not to do suffering music. :=(

sometimes, when i am in a dark, i wish i could make happy music and then i open my sequencer and try to write something light, but that awful pain in my chest...and the voices...so i have to go back down and make dark stuff. :gutted:

karlo
28-10-2003, 10:42 AM
yea Miro, its true! :cry:

bornaa
28-10-2003, 12:57 PM
we have been in war, all wet and starving to death so we cant help it to not to do suffering music. :=(

sometimes, when i am in a dark, i wish i could make happy music and then i open my sequencer and try to write something light, but that awful pain in my chest...and the voices...so i have to go back down and make dark stuff. :gutted:

yea same here....and i talk in my sleep alot since those days...

"uncle jessie, no, uncle jessie, dont touch me down there"

:neutral:

miromiric.
28-10-2003, 01:10 PM
yes i see where you r coming from. but we have to stick together...

Angrymann
28-10-2003, 03:11 PM
Off the original subject but still valid if you ask me. Swedish Women & the differences comapred to ours.

Being Scottish I think I can almost speak for my English friends too when I say , in our country we do have stunning girls but we also have the most god awful women who could quite easily eat a whole motorbike and not break any teeth and still be hungry. I refer to them as Beasts , others may use terms such as minger or simply label them "Rank".

We do also have some birds that sit quite neatly in the "nice but nothing special" category , as will Sweden etc.

THE MAIN DIFFERENCE IS European Girls tend to look after themselves a bit more so even if they are not the prettiest girl on earth they still have a pretty good body. So put that body in a pair of hipster jeans , add blonde hair and a bit of a tan , a wee crop top ...............slevver slevver :love: :love:

Esox Lucius
28-10-2003, 03:17 PM
Off the original subject but still valid if you ask me. Swedish Women & the differences comapred to ours.

Being Scottish I think I can almost speak for my English friends too when I say , in our country we do have stunning girls but we also have the most god awful women who could quite easily eat a whole motorbike and not break any teeth and still be hungry. I refer to them as Beasts , others may use terms such as minger or simply label them "Rank".

We do also have some birds that sit quite neatly in the "nice but nothing special" category , as will Sweden etc.

THE MAIN DIFFERENCE IS European Girls tend to look after themselves a bit more so even if they are not the prettiest girl on earth they still have a pretty good body. So put that body in a pair of hipster jeans , add blonde hair and a bit of a tan , a wee crop top ...............slevver slevver :love: :love:

hit the nail on the head!

Buttman
28-10-2003, 03:38 PM
Swedish girls look generic.
Like they were just taken off of the assembly line.

Jimfish
28-10-2003, 03:46 PM
sounds like u need me to come and mix up the gene pool a little..

Angrymann
28-10-2003, 04:07 PM
Still it would be a ****ing nice assembly line to be at the end of wouldn't it.

The Overfiend
28-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Swedish girls look generic.
Like they were just taken off of the assembly line.

And you're complaining because...................
lol

Dustin Zahn
28-10-2003, 05:52 PM
nice theory, but what about spain then? ;) reeko, mulero, wunsch... pretty dark too. of course they do have their funky producers as well.

Yep, see thats why I said its just a theory and isn't always right. :)

As for the whole swedish women phenomenon, there's definetely beautiful women from all over...but I think that just because some people made a big deal out of it in the past, when you actually go there or see pictures/movies of sweden your mind subconciously looks for the hotter chicks to try and prove this theory right. If no one would have said anything about the hotties there, your mind would probably think its just a normal mix of girls.

Jimfish
28-10-2003, 09:34 PM
hehehe, i think dustin has a point

The Overfiend
29-10-2003, 05:58 AM
Leave it up to Dustin to ruin my Wet Dream of the fine ass Damn Dirty Swedes from the ricola commercials!

miromiric.
29-10-2003, 02:04 PM
swed grls r fukin hot!

jonnyspeed
29-10-2003, 02:50 PM
yep. England has a hell of a lot of mingers. fat mingers, too.

Most of the really fit woman I meet in London are central european - Hungarian, Latvian, Lituanian, Russan, Czech... but not all I must admit.

The biggest difference is weight - English woman (and blokes!) are generally much bigger because we've stopped eating 3 balanced meals a day and eat shite like McDonnalds.

Man, I returned from Hungary recently and was shocked at the number of woman with BIG rolls of fat hanging beneith their crop tops - I don't mind a bit of shape but I think everybody - male and female - should stay this side of obease.

Also 95% of English woman have no dress sense, either - whatever Top Shop tells them to wear this season, they wear, whether it suits them or not. Look at all the 80s stuff at the moment. Jee-sus!

Peace.

And hears to 1600 Kcals, 60g of Fat and 30 minutes of exercise a day - is that too hard?

Jimfish
29-10-2003, 05:25 PM
yeah, i got dragged into ****in top shop by the missus and we both just started pissing ourselves at all the stooooopid shit girls are buying at the moment! do they not realise they look shite?

miromiric.
29-10-2003, 05:30 PM
they look slutty and some men like slutty bitches. probably cause u can do stuff to them...

The Overfiend
29-10-2003, 05:51 PM
Slutty chicks rock.
Specially with some nice tatas.
Back to the subject at hand.

Dustin Zahn
29-10-2003, 08:35 PM
Slutty chicks rock.
Specially with some nice tatas.
Back to the subject at hand.

Well, I like for a lot of people this is a subject "at hand"

:)

Sorry I had to.

Dustin Zahn
29-10-2003, 08:36 PM
goddamnit. like=think

Angrymann
30-10-2003, 01:51 PM
I thought about this again and I reckon the Swedes are so successful due to the fact that their Techno scene is so small. They have had to work that bit harder to get their stuff out there/heard. Whereas the scene in the UK/Europe is massive , so you don't have to work as hard at getting your stuff out there , cause there's always going to be someone to play to/listen to your stuff. Nobody is really into techno for the money so once you get some form of recognition for your work from people that's all you'll really need , no need to try and conquer Europe or whatever. But if you have no scene whatsoever you have to constantly push your stuff.

interferron
02-11-2003, 07:06 PM
i dont think sweden has a wealth of top producers in any other genre, so why techno? is their something special about sweden that inspires such great techno?

hmm i think they have some top mtv-pop producers there, can't remember any names though. some of britney spears' production maybe?

davethedrummer
02-11-2003, 07:21 PM
yeah, i got dragged into **** top shop by the missus and we both just started pissing ourselves at all the stooooopid shit girls are buying at the moment! do they not realise they look shite?

no jim they don't . that's the whole point of being young. you old fart.

anyway......
did you know that also there is a very healthy goth scene in sweden hehe.
no really there is , i played at a goth festival in arvika ,north sweden and they have a psy trance tent (another massive scene in sweden)in the middle of a goth festival ( how weird?....very weird.. oh and saturdays headliners???????....motorhead!!!!!!c'mon!!!!)
the year i played they'd decided to do a bit more techno and had asked beyer,etc to play for them all had declined out of either good taste or good sense or a distinct fear of dread,and only t.krome would accept.
so he and i played the friday night and i hung out on sat with the trancers getting a bit wasted and all that actually i had a real laugh i must confess.

anyway swedes , blonde hair blue eyes etc etc . goths , black hair.white faces silly clothes etc etc .

i couldn't help contemplating that i should consider setting up a stall selling black hair dye next time around and make a killing....

motorhead were crap by the way.

dan the acid man
02-11-2003, 07:39 PM
motohead are crap live, also lemmy so i have been told on good authority is a complete prick,
still, ace of spades still rocks ;)
someone should do a remix if no one has allready

VOMATRON
02-11-2003, 08:10 PM
Cossh 02 - ddr & geezer - spades!

Col
02-11-2003, 09:13 PM
i dont think sweden has a wealth of top producers in any other genre, so why techno? is their something special about sweden that inspires such great techno?

hmm i think they have some top mtv-pop producers there, can't remember any names though. some of britney spears' production maybe?

yeah ok mate. :doh: :eh: :neutral:

Bughead
03-11-2003, 02:36 PM
Interesting topic about Swedes and their techno. Personally I blame Abba and Ace of Bass.

If it wasnt for them there would be no Swedish Techno ( cough ahem)

Thank Abba.....

Peace

Ska vi pipa.....

duncandisorderly
05-11-2003, 01:15 PM

there is a perfect reason for this; there is so little to do and it is so cold that they buy some studio equipment and then stay in a tiny room with it and a heater for months and months churning out loads of quality material.... :lol:

eyes without a face
05-11-2003, 03:40 PM
thats exactly why. sounds a little like myself haha (altho the quality of the material is subject to opinion haha!)

Jimfish
05-11-2003, 03:56 PM
yeah, i saw in some blokes mag a while back a swedish bloke that has had shitloads of plastic surgery to make himself into a dark little troll thing.. he has warts scars, big old troll ears and a proper withces nose.
He even built himself a little underground cabin to live in..

now that guy liked to rock!

duncandisorderly
05-11-2003, 05:57 PM
wasnt that adam beyer?

Jimfish
05-11-2003, 11:58 PM
staffan ehrlin i think... hehehe

The Overfiend
06-11-2003, 12:19 AM
Lol Mortis is that weirdo f*ck.
I'm bleaching my skin and gettin cornrows to look like Eg.

278d7e64a374de26f==