PDA

View Full Version : suffer

ollie303
03-01-2007, 12:58 AM
hello guys
had a bit of a break from music making in 2006 but managed to get in the studio just before xmas and make a track. pretty happy with the results and thought id post it up.
http://bad-robot.co.uk/audio/Suffer_Mixdown004.mp3

BRADLEE
03-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Mixdown sounds very very clean from what I can hear in the phones. Loads of space. Some of the sounds seem just slightly dry though. Maybe could use a little bit more FX on some noises.....However overall sounds really nice.

Could always add a few little intellingent edits in my opinion too...but that is just me.

ollie303
03-01-2007, 06:56 PM
cheers for listening mate.

in past tracks ive always had trouble with overcompression, and my drum and kicks being really muddy, so nice one for the clean comment.
was kinda aware it could do with a few more elements added, but didnt want to fall into old habbits and complicate the mix and have another muddy track.

ill try and give it a rework with fresh ears if i dont get tempted to move on to another tune :-)

ERROR404
03-01-2007, 08:53 PM
nice tidy mix down, although i thought the bass was a litte low in the mix, and the geezer losing it in the middle could possibly have done with a bit more volume, depth and gravity to it. not really my thing mate but enjoyed the listen :) as brad said some more cheeky edits would been schweet ;)

Error

BranLanen
04-01-2007, 08:08 AM
Really clear sound! I love the clearest sound in the higher freqs...

Siege
04-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Does sound clear..would liked to have heard some other elements introduced, a bit of edit work perhaps?but just my opinion.Think the delayed sample in the drop could do with something in the background..some subtle atmosphere or something.

jk_scowling
13-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Definetely needs more bass in the mix, good clean production though.

Barely Human
13-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Sounds ok man, not really my thing so i wont comment too much on the content.

I think the kick needs rounding off to give it some boom, also the bass could do with having a bit more bottom end in the right place. The main problem ive have found tho is the whole track seams to be in mono. Really spread stuff out, and give them thier own place in the stereo field. Not only will this make the track some more natural and fatter, it will also give you lots more room for more elements. Not bad work tho man, keep it up.

dan the acid man
14-01-2007, 11:36 PM
yeah it has got a nice clean mix this, but like already mentioned it neeeds a few tweaks like reverb adding to a few elements and shift some things around the stereo field

force
15-01-2007, 01:34 PM
It does need more bass, but i could boogie to this quite easily!

AcidTrash
16-01-2007, 08:54 AM
I would play this.

Side
16-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Nice track, though not really my style. But as mentioned, the mix is completely mono. Pan the snares and hats or smth, it'll be much more interesting and gives you much 'fuller' feeling. Also panning the instruments would give some space for another instrument on the same frequency scale - so you could spice the mix up with some more bass without it getting too muddy.

But otherwise, really cool :)

ollie303
07-03-2007, 05:03 PM
havn't checked back here in ages, nice one for the feedback, didnt give it a rework just took note for the next few tracks.does someone want to go into a bit more detail on paning hats, or parts? its something ive never even thought of to be honest im intrested in it though

ORIS
31-03-2007, 03:47 AM
m8, glad to see ur back where u belong. making phat techno.

luvin this track. the sample is evil.

278d7e64a374de26f==