PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys QB f's up the post season

snooch
07-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Tony Romo, the Dallas Cowboys quarterback dropped ball when he was the ball holder when Dallas was attempting an easy field goal in the last two minutes of the game to take the lead in the wildcard playoff game. http://images.nfl.com/photos/img9912932.jpg

If he would have not fumbled the ball Martin Grammatica (the kicker) would have made the easy 19 yard kick to take the lead. All the Cowboys would have had to do is keep Seattle from scoring to win the game and advance in the playoffs. Just because of this fumble, the season is over.

http://www.superbowl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20070106_DAL@SEA

I don't think either the Cowboys or Seattle can beat Chicago or New Orleans(next weeks opponent depending on who wins today), but I hate to see a season end on todays circumstances.

I think it will be either the Chicago Bears (depending on the play of their streaky quarterback Rex Grossman) or the New Orleans Saints for the NFC in the Superbowl. In the AFC, I think the Baltimore Ravens are close to being unbeatable. But, if their old as hell quarterback isn't as consistent as he has a tendency to not to be in the playoffs, there may be a problem. Their runningback Jamal Lewis needs to have a great post-season to keep the pressure off Steve McNair(qb). The only other team that can have a chance at getting past Baltimore's totally dominating defence is the San Diego Chargers withe their Hall of Fame bound running back LaDanian Thompson. This season he has set the record for the most touchdowns scored by a runningback in a season(and he didn't do crap for the last three games resting up for the playoffs). Their defence is pretty good exept for some questions in their deep pass defenders. But they have the most sacks in the league which helps out with this by not giving the quarterback time to make the deep pass. The big question is rookie quarterback Phillip River's unproven playoff performance. Will he shine or will he pull a Romo? Who knows. San Diego is my AFC sentimental favorite, but I don't think they can get past Baltimore's stifling defence.

digitalboy
07-01-2007, 01:36 PM
who was the guy who got murdered a week ago?. I think he played for denver or somthing. Bad stuff!

snooch
07-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Driveby on Christmas day. Crazy as hell.

SlavikSvensk
07-01-2007, 02:44 PM
all i can say (about the cowboys) is...

ha-ha!

Sam_Horam
07-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi Snooch,

I agree with a lot of what you say in your analysis of the NFL post season, and here's my take:

For me Chicago will win the NFC as long as they stop Grossman from losing the game for them. Even last season when Orton was playing they were winning by just avoiding making mistakes on offence and letting their D take over. I can't understand why Lovie Smith continus to persist with Grossman when the very steady Brian Griese is stood on the sidelines. With their D and Special Teams they just have to not beat themselves.

Obviously, New Orleans will have a huge amount of emotion behind them through the playoffs and if Chicago make mistakes they have a chance.

As for the other teams in the NFC I can't see Seattle doing anything more - last night both they and Dallas were very unimpressive - as they have been for most of the season.
Philly has chance at causing an upset somewhere down the line - I think they'll beat the Giants tonight and I think they (like the Colts) will enjoy being in the playoffs as underdogs. They just have to hope that Garcia doesn't wake up from the dream he's in at the moment.

In the AFC I think the Ravens do look fantastic and their defence is definitely a class apart. If they are going to be beaten then it's going to require a very special offence to do it and a defence that's good enough to keep the game tight. From the teams in the AFC I think San Diego and New England have a chance. LT has been incredible and I would fancy him to score against any defence - but as you say Rivers is probably too inconsistent - I think he'll come undone at some point.

That leaves the Patriots who I just think if they get their game together - and Rodney Harrison back can still beat anyone. They have really looked good since the nightmare in Miami.

I predict a New England - Baltimore championship game (which Baltimore will win) and New Orleans - Chicago (which Chicago will win)

Then we'll have the strongest two defences who I can remember in a Superbowl which the Ravens will win with their experience telling in the end.

SlavikSvensk
07-01-2007, 03:07 PM
hey sam that's some pretty astute analysis. i'd also bet on baltimore making it. san diego has that look of a flash team that will choke when faced with a great defense, while the ravens are rock solid on d and not bad on offense either. i love the patriots, but i think that this year's team is not the 3-time super bowl winner. you never know with brady at the helm, but i think they would run into a wall in baltimore. over in the nfc, i think the saints are one of those "can't tell what you're going to get" teams. they might shock everyone and end up in the super bowl, or they might crash out really fast. seeing as how they would probably have to win in chicago, that second possibility looks likely. philadelphia is a tough team that can beat any of the nfc teams, but talent-wise, they're just not all that good. if grossman plays halfway decently, chicago makes it.

i'll go out on a limb and say he doesn;t, and philly sneaks into the super bowl.

baltimore then crushes philly in humiliating fashion.

SlavikSvensk
07-01-2007, 04:21 PM
for today's games i predict:

philadephia 24 new york giants 16

new england 28 new york jets 10

Insomnia
07-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Go on the New England, how are the Redskins doing these days?

SlavikSvensk
07-01-2007, 05:33 PM
redskins didnt make the playoffs...not sure what changed between last year and this year though...

snooch
07-01-2007, 07:59 PM
The Redskins are the punching bag of the NFC East. Loads of talent on the team and a consistently bad record. They have a high payroll and a crap record. I have no idea why they do so badly on a regular basis. They are one of those bad teams that regularly do crap but every once in a while, they rock a much better team for 21 points or more. I haven't been able to figure them out and have stopped trying. Every year, they look great in the pre-season but kill themselves in the regular season.:scratch: :scratch:

dan the acid man
07-01-2007, 09:03 PM
what are miami dolphins upto these days ?

they where my team when i watched it years ago, mainly because i was a big dan marino fan

SlavikSvensk
08-01-2007, 12:11 AM
what are miami dolphins upto these days ?

they where my team when i watched it years ago, mainly because i was a big dan marino fan

they've had two mediocre years in a row...their coach is leaving and they have some talented players, so they might be good next year, but it's hard to tell at the moment. really they could go either way. they're in a very tough division, since the new england patriots are pretty much a lock to win the division each year and the new york jets look like they could be a team on the rise...

snooch
08-01-2007, 01:16 AM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f383/MrMentallo/cowgirls.gif

SlavikSvensk
08-01-2007, 01:34 AM
haha i wish i still lived in seattle

278d7e64a374de26f==