PDA

View Full Version : anywhere you wouldn't play

herman
24-10-2003, 06:11 PM
After taking a gig in december that is potentialy a little risky, i spoke to some of my dj mates and to a man they said they wouldn't go there to play . is there anywhere you personally wouldn't go to play in the uk or abroad.

im still going by the way ;)

MARKEG
26-10-2003, 06:54 PM
hmmm.. difficult call. i personally wouldn't play anywhere where i've not been recommended by ppl i trust (or at least can get the low down from ppl i trust).

Col
26-10-2003, 09:34 PM
good question. :clap:

id play anywhere. but im bit of a whore you see.

i want to travel, so if it meant playing somewhere where there was an element of risk id still do it, besides music is medicine.

MARKEG
26-10-2003, 09:53 PM
fair play co but i've done exactly that in countless countries and come off really bad sometimes. you learn to go with ppl who are in it for the right reasons and ppl who are trustworthly.

sure you're gonna think i wanna accept this booking in timbuktoo cause i just lov playing to ppl but if you get ****ed around at the airport, attitude perhaps even back room deep shit at the gig and you have to find your own way back to the airport from the party then you're going to have to stick with ppl you trust. it's happened to me, it'll no doubt happen to you.

do your research paul, that's my advice.

herman
27-10-2003, 12:09 PM
Well from that perspective it's all cool and above board (although like you mark i have had my fair share of dark moments whilst travelling ;) )it is booked through my prefered agency and all that so hopefully there shouldn't be any probs from a logistic pont of view, the only snag is it is actually a dangerous place to go to (israel) like i say 99% seem to refuse to go there.
should be fun :lol:

Col
27-10-2003, 03:21 PM
Well from that perspective it's all cool and above board (although like you mark i have had my fair share of dark moments whilst travelling ;) )it is booked through my prefered agency and all that so hopefully there shouldn't be any probs from a logistic pont of view, the only snag is it is actually a dangerous place to go to (israel) like i say 99% seem to refuse to go there.
should be fun :lol:

get down there man, should be one hell of an expierience.

thats what i thought you was talking about, political unrest.

MARKEG
27-10-2003, 06:06 PM
isreal? well if i knew it was all trustworthy, i'd go. experiences like this you will not come by too often... it's a real buzz. sort of like me going out to serbia when there was all the NATO crap. it's an experience you don't forget in a hurry.

dan the acid man
27-10-2003, 08:01 PM
no need for pyrotechnics then ;) , definetley will be a once in a lifetime experience though, hope it goes well

serox
06-01-2004, 03:00 PM
im scared of flying since i nearly died on a plain. i have the big FEARS since. id go to any place to play if som1 drives tho :)

romelpotter
11-01-2004, 01:21 AM
i would play anyware so long as i knew there would be no danger to my records

278d7e64a374de26f==