PDA

View Full Version : David F - Stacked

audioinjection
10-01-2007, 03:51 AM
Something new I'm working on, not alot going on in the track, sort of hard minimal I guess you can call it. I don't know if I should leave it as it is, or add some more. Let me know what you guys think.

www.audioinjection.com/tracks/stacked.mp3

Thanks!!

BRADLEE
10-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Something new I'm working on, not alot going on in the track, sort of hard minimal I guess you can call it. I don't know if I should leave it as it is, or add some more. Let me know what you guys think.

www.audioinjection.com/tracks/stacked.mp3 (http://www.audioinjection.com/tracks/stacked.mp3)

Thanks!!

Man very typical David F sound for the deep stuff. Think you're onto something here. Maybe could have one more element to keep it moving some where along the line and stretch it out past that 3.00 minute marker. I'm only in the phones so can't comment on the mix really, but you always do an excellent job with that. No matter whether it's hard noises that should make your ears bleed or nice smooth stuff like this.

Always good stuff my friend. :-)

dirty_bass
10-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Luvverly shuffley-ness to all this mang:)
The tune is great. but I found the overall mix dull and muted (I mean dull accoustically, not the composition).
There seems to be an overall lack of brightness in the sounds.

Luvverly laid back funk number though.

audioinjection
10-01-2007, 08:32 PM
thanks guys, i'll check out the mix, i think i know what you mean steve, thanks

Elvio Neto
11-01-2007, 01:29 PM
nice track :)

i think the bass is too far , some sounds are not
clear

great tune!

audioinjection
12-01-2007, 08:28 PM
thanks man :)

jk_scowling
13-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Liking this tune! I Reckon it could do with some atmospheric sounds in the background here and there maybe?

ERROR404
13-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Yo! Very nice deep one this mate - thought the sounds and balance was perfect, maybe as has been said it lacked a bit of top end sparkle maybe. If you are to do anything, perhaps progress it a little more? as it is its a really smooth functional track :)

BloodStar
14-01-2007, 01:51 PM
I am liking this,. very funky and deep,, as usual :) Nice work on the percs. Mixage will need some polishing,. as was said above.

audioinjection
15-01-2007, 03:48 PM
thanks guys!

yeah im working out that mix a bit more, adding some more bright percussion as well........i think it sounds so dull because of my choice of sounds, they arent bright sounds, so i need to bring those out some more.

Tyrisia
19-01-2007, 12:03 AM
Great ideas, nice and deep, and I love the blippy percussion, it's got real potential, me likey.

I'll agree with the general concensus that it needs a few more elements, maybe a lush pad faintly in the background, and a few atmospherics.. I'd try and get that bass a little more under control as well, sounds great but my poor monitors were wobbling about like a jelly pudding on top of a 100k rig..

audioinjection
19-01-2007, 05:02 PM
hehe, thanks Will

im still sorting this track out, so hopefully it'll sound better :)

Grenoybel
19-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Quality track...

Like someone else said, you're on to something here

I probably would try to tame that noise (a synth that almost sound like a bass, maybe) with the lots of reverb/delay that you have in the end of ever 2 bars, it seems a litlle bit high on my hifi speakers, in comparison to the rest of the sounds, but maybe that's what you intended to do, in that case forget it lol

Tyrisia
20-01-2007, 01:12 AM
No probs David, keep workin at it, I'm dyin to hear the end result, it should be a rite little stomper when it's finished:)

Jay Pace
22-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Interesting track mate.

Just needs to be made longer - was just getting into its groove when it faded away....

Nice groove, solid arrangement. Some nice changes, if short lived. Would develop the sections with more high end - they stood out nicely against the backdrop of the overall mix.

Good work
:cheese:

278d7e64a374de26f==