PDA

View Full Version : basic

iconn12345
12-01-2007, 12:13 PM
this is some old stuff i did with fruity.. it's a basic track with just a few sounds but i like the surprisingly big sound of the sampled kick..

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8NG9IXYE

BRADLEE
12-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Listening right now bro. Personally man, this is just my flavor. Reminds me quite a bit of when Ministry does stuff more on the electronic tip. Has a bit of an industrial feel to it really. Could use a few intellingent edits to that vocal perhaps though, and a few here and there Drumwise to make the track a bit more dynamic I think. Maybe an additional element might give it more movement later in the track too. Not sure really, just seems kind of empty in the high ranges....Kept expecting something to come in and fill that space in the track.

Mixdownwise I'm only in the phones, so it's hard to tell 100%. However can tell for sure those toms are a bit louder than the kick drum....They're more out in front of the mix anyways. Maybe Boost the gain on the compressor for the kick just a bit to bring it a little more in front of the mix.

Sorry to go on so long bro, but I really like the feel of this. So I just wanted to try and be accurate with my comments. Thank you for sharing.

iconn12345
12-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Listening right now bro. Personally man, this is just my flavor. Reminds me quite a bit of when Ministry does stuff more on the electronic tip. Has a bit of an industrial feel to it really. Could use a few intellingent edits to that vocal perhaps though, and a few here and there Drumwise to make the track a bit more dynamic I think. Maybe an additional element might give it more movement later in the track too. Not sure really, just seems kind of empty in the high ranges....Kept expecting something to come in and fill that space in the track.

Mixdownwise I'm only in the phones, so it's hard to tell 100%. However can tell for sure those toms are a bit louder than the kick drum....They're more out in front of the mix anyways. Maybe Boost the gain on the compressor for the kick just a bit to bring it a little more in front of the mix.

Sorry to go on so long bro, but I really like the feel of this. So I just wanted to try and be accurate with my comments. Thank you for sharing.

your remarks are totally accurate, i'm getting my old pc back soon to work on new stuff and try to finish this track. i think it lacks exactly the things you mentioned. ..been a ministry fan for a long time now.
appreciate the comment, a lot.

ERROR404
13-01-2007, 03:19 PM
i think the way energies build in the track, it has a really nice darkly hypnotic sound to it, its the low end balance that needs some attention i think mate, more of a pronounced 'kick' to it and definately bring the low end into line with the rest of the track, i think its way too loud - as Brad said a few little edits and maybe a different dimention to the drum loops would lift it slightly rhythmically -

278d7e64a374de26f==