PDA

View Full Version : joel mull

fac
12-01-2007, 12:28 PM
anyone seen him recently?

he is here on saturday and i think about going. i wondered what kind of techno he's playing these days. hopefully not such crap (sorry) like adam beyer.

Clit Commander
12-01-2007, 10:56 PM
He's on a really good tip right now. You should check it out. If he is playing an extended set you should be in for a treat. I've seen him numerous times over the past year and I've heard him range from relentless beating techno, to minimal stuff, and great build up sets with musical stuff like kanzleramt. If you're into deeper techno, he's worth checking out. He played one of my favorite sets of the year last summer. The vibe was so thick you could have cut it with a knife.

As for Beyer, why the hatred? People got bored of him playing hard. He switched to minimal. Some people weren't into it. Lately he's playing the old hard stuff again and people still aren't happy. Complainers I tell ya! It seems like Adam can never win sometimes.

The Overfiend
12-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Have ye any proff of him playing hard again?
You Zirnoff drinker.

DJ Becka
13-01-2007, 12:25 AM
I saw Joel about a month ago here in Barcelona and he played a really good set.....I was actually kind of surprised because he played at Club 4, which is more of a minimalish thing - so I was expecting something a little more tranquillo. But no......he & Adam both played pretty damn bompe the entire night. So definitely recommend seeing him if you have the chance to do so :)

*edit - I was not surprised that he played GOOD....I was just surprised that he played as hard as he did. Skills-wise, Joel is a great dj and producer*

SlavikSvensk
13-01-2007, 04:03 PM
i think joel's at his best when playing hard but melodic techno.

t-dj
13-01-2007, 06:30 PM
I'll be there

He released a fairly decent single on Kanzleramt not too long ago.

Buttman
13-01-2007, 07:45 PM
He is probably the only of the Swedish top DJs that I ever enjoyed.

I would defo give him a chance.

fac
14-01-2007, 03:02 AM
thanks for your replies.

@clit: i am neither a real fan of adam beyers hard (older) nor his minimal sets. i used to like him 2-3 years ago but i was quite new to electronic music at that time and mostly into loop- and tool-techno. the problem imo isnt that he plays minimal but rather he ONLY plays minimal. i saw him in april or so. 3 hours. completely boring. i heard his essential mix. the same... there are no ups and downs. always the same level. this is want i dont like. i like djs who play diversified sets. different kinds of techno (or electronic music in general). smoother tracks, bangers, slower tracks, faster tracks etc.

unfortunately our plans for tonight changed and i didnt go to see joel. hope to catch him next time he plays here. your descriptions sounded quite nice :)

Numeric
14-01-2007, 07:35 AM
i thought Beyer's Essential mix was really good...

and the Fabric CD he mixed is also top quality...

RDR
14-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Always been a fan of Mull... melodic and grooving. Safe.

Clit Commander
15-01-2007, 05:18 PM
thanks for your replies.

@clit: i am neither a real fan of adam beyers hard (older) nor his minimal sets. i used to like him 2-3 years ago but i was quite new to electronic music at that time and mostly into loop- and tool-techno. the problem imo isnt that he plays minimal but rather he ONLY plays minimal. i saw him in april or so. 3 hours. completely boring. i heard his essential mix. the same... there are no ups and downs. always the same level. this is want i dont like. i like djs who play diversified sets. different kinds of techno (or electronic music in general). smoother tracks, bangers, slower tracks, faster tracks etc.

unfortunately our plans for tonight changed and i didnt go to see joel. hope to catch him next time he plays here. your descriptions sounded quite nice :)

Fair enough!

Was Joel @ Berghein? 3-7am, what a crazy time slot. Damn berliners!

fac
15-01-2007, 05:43 PM
yeah, he was at berghain. i guess he played from 4-7 am. thats the normal time for the headliner/guest-dj. but since there was no timetable online i cant confirm the time. maybe t-dj can.

t-dj
15-01-2007, 08:32 PM
quite OK techno set not too much of a build but good enough to keep the crowd going, it was a relief for me after having to listen to some dumb-ass mnml for hours and hours at some friends b-day before I went to the place. Had a chat with Joel afterwards from which I gather he still is a man with good intentions ;-)
he played from 4 to 7 then len faki took over which was surprisingly entertaining till I left at 8.30

davethedrummer
15-01-2007, 09:27 PM
i thought Beyer's Essential mix was really good...

and the Fabric CD he mixed is also top quality...

crikey mate ! keep your voice down !

audioinjection
16-01-2007, 12:56 AM
he played here a couple months back, i didnt get to make it, but i heard he played some funky stuff, almost housey, but he's definitely a dope producer, check his stuff under the name Icarus, and his Reminder EP on Kanzleramt :)

278d7e64a374de26f==