PDA

View Full Version : Opportunist Omnivore - Mark Jacobs

jk_scowling
13-01-2007, 06:41 PM
A new track i've been working on, pretty much finished I think. Hoping you guys could give me some feedback, ta.

http://www.kombinationfunk.co.uk/audio/markjacobs/opportunist_omnivore_markjacobs.mp3

stjohn
14-01-2007, 01:37 AM
this is slick man... production sounds spot on and the groove is lovely and controlled. i was going to say maybe a few more sounds, but tbh everything works really well as is.

maybe some subtle atmospherics.....

great stuff

BloodStar
14-01-2007, 01:59 PM
very good track, man. You have got very nice groove there and I like the synth stabs here and there,aswel. Nice. It sounds finished to me,. just maybe some subtle background atmo sound would be nice. Production part of thing sounds proper, imo.

Side
14-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Wow, this is nice. I mean, really nice. I really like the organ-like synth, very cool idea.
I like the beat, but the sound of it is maybe a bit too harsh for me - pardon me, I just woke up, heh.
Also, production is top notch.

mattboyslim
14-01-2007, 09:47 PM
very dark

nottingham represent. see you down bluprint soon man

robin m
15-01-2007, 12:17 AM
I've listened back to this a couple of times now mate and it's still sounding bang on... I'd agree some atmospheric nastiness would really cap it off but it's sounding pretty complete already, if you could work something subtle in as well just to give it that extra something it'd just be a bonus.

Production dicks all over anything I've managed so not much point me commenting there as usual :mrmyagi:

...suppose I'll see you down blueprint as well! Are you playin next weekend?

force
15-01-2007, 02:28 PM
This is great stuff.

lovin the rhythms and that nice, punchy separation between the kiks.

The melodic elements are really trancy, but in a genuinely good way!!:mrmyagi:

jk_scowling
15-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys, it has been really helpful. I think i'm going to try to put some atmospheric sounds into it, not what i'm best at though so it might take a while ;)

Oh, and see ya down blueprint Robin + Matt.

Siege
17-01-2007, 02:02 AM
Sweet mate...really nice production.
good stuff!

Tyrisia
20-01-2007, 02:40 AM
Great production, sounds massive, nice bass, really dark.

No real critasisms at all, although some more subtle atmosperics might be nice.

BranLanen
20-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Really great track... all elements sounds in their places...
Like the sounds, specially the synth.
The drums are nice, and that subbass is really great.
Maybe i would liked much more if the synth appearing around 4:00 were louder in the mix. Liked very much that sound.

Jay Pace
22-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Solid work.

Drum programming is sophisticated, sounds crisp and there's a really solid groove to the track.

Think that the synth sits too far back in the mix. Can see it getting lost when this gets amplified. Reckon it would sound better brought forward, and given a little more bite/snap.

judas_beast
23-01-2007, 12:48 AM
Can't really add much to whats been said, sounds really professional, obviously spent time getting it sound right. Not the style of Techno I'm into really, but I've downloaded a copy and its going on my iPod, so good work!

jk_scowling
23-01-2007, 01:05 AM
Cheers guys, thanks for the feedback, still working on the track trying to put into action some of the suggestions i've had from you all. Much appreciated.

dirty_bass
23-01-2007, 02:33 AM
this is a nice solid perussion track. Good stuff.

I`d like a little oomph out of the mid range sounds, they are just a little too subtle.

Maybe a hook of some form would be nice to hold the interest as this does get a little too drummy after a while, even though it`s a real nice groove.

BRADLEE
23-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Dope tune bro. I like it very well.

278d7e64a374de26f==