PDA

View Full Version : Siege_Light source

Siege
14-01-2007, 11:46 PM
First track this year...gone for something bit more musical with this one. Nearly finished but still needs a few more bits and bobs.

Comments,feedback much appreciated guys.

http://www.7161.com/streamer.cfm?filename_audio=DT_ACF35DA8212233.mp3&dt_track_id=13172

jk_scowling
15-01-2007, 12:07 AM
Cool, nice and musical. The mixdowns good as well, I think the main pad sound could do with a bit more reverb or something to make it sit in the mix a bit better and sound a bit more "ethereal" but maybe thats just personal taste...

Siege
15-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Cheers mate.....yeah i thought that part needed to sit a bit better.
Il look into it

rhythmtech
17-01-2007, 02:23 AM
you got a d/l link m8? my connection is too shit to stream at the moment

Siege
17-01-2007, 02:36 AM
Sorry mate...Its on 7161.com

Siege
19-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Made a few changes.

http://213.129.73.14/members/my_tracks/audio/DT_ACF3B237071903.mp3

Come on guys..really could do with some fresh ears on this....would be really helpful. cheers

Tyrisia
20-01-2007, 01:37 AM
I'm on headphones, so a mixdown comment is gonna be a bit pointless, but sounds pretty good. I immediately liked what I heard, the synth work is great, I love synths used properly:)

Absolutely love the first break, especially the main abstract melody, great stuff, some great ideas here mate. All is good after the break, although I'm feeling that the bass could be a bit dirtier. Love the synth a 5.58, really haunting.

Great stuff, keep it up man!

Siege
20-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Thanks a lot mate. Appreciate the feedback

judas_beast
22-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Not my personal favourite style of techno, not hard enough! Sounds nice and crisp though. Very atmospheric. For me, the kick is a little bit to 'dry' if it was mine, I'd add some sort of gated 'verb. I like the little bass 'stab' (maybe not the best term). I really like the arrangement style, nice and fresh. Good stuff!

dirty_bass
23-01-2007, 02:48 AM
Nice, quite a commercial techno sound, but there`s plenty of interesting little things happening to keep it grooving along.

I think the production overall is pretty clean, but the mix seems to lack a little size and presence.

I think better use of compression (with character) on some of the front/lead sounds and percussion would give this a little more presence.
This sounds like a early draft before processing is applied to sounds etc.
I think more creative use of reverbs, stereo fx etc would give this more life as well.

I also found the mix overall just a little too dry and cold.

I think the tune is great, but it needs a real good fine polish to expand it aurally.

stjohn
23-01-2007, 02:16 PM
cool tune mate... a bit of melodic techno is always great...
again id have to agree with DB on some of his points. a bit of spatial reverb would really add that extra dimension, especially to the bloppy sounds. if you have the waves stuff... try the doubler 4 on your pads and blips, it opens it up a bit.

the balance between your sub and your kick, seems a bit low too... i reckon if you push that sub level up a bit,and get the track to rumble, it would be alot more pleasing when it kicks in..

lovely pad work, has to be said, reminds me of my techno-hardcore days ala sharkey, marc smith (the darker stuff-not the happy stuff)

good work man ;)

Siege
23-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Thanks a lot guys for your comments..very helpful.
I kinda thought more reverb was needed on things,but wasnt sure.Youve just confirmed my doubts. Il try to correct the points mentioned. Thanks again

Mindful
08-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Realy good clubby techno Cal, nice the way the pads and stabs and all the little noises bounce off each other, arrangment is nice.
Production sounds nice and clear but as said a few elements need a bit of verb or texture maybe.
The chords are lush as is the little synth that goes with it on the break.
Personaly I would have a reverb send for the pad to realy melt it in to the track........but thats just me.
Good shit dude.

Siege
08-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Cheers ste..yeah ive applied more reverb to the pads,etc...sounding a lot better now.More polished.
Not gonna bother reposting the results as i think this track as run its course on here.Got something new on the go which il be posting soon. Thanks again to everyone whos replied with comments and advice...very helpful Cheers

278d7e64a374de26f==