PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours: Jan 07 (man utd)

nick_anarchy
15-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Transfer Rumours: Jan 07

Barcelona have played down reports linked United with a surprise big-money move for Catalan midfielder Xavi Hernandez.

The Spanish international was reportedly a shock alternative transfer target to Bayern Munich and England star Owen Hargreaves.

However, a Barca spokesman told Sky Sports: "We do not know about this subject. Normally the club does not respond to stories published in the papers but we have not received any offer. Xavi is a key man for us and has signed a contract until 2010."

Bayern Munich's changeable stance on the future of Hargreaves has prompted the tabloids to focus on alternative targets for Sir Alex Ferguson, including Xavi, Bordeaux's Rio Antonio Mavuba and Blackburn's David Bentley.

The most surprising name linked with Old Trafford thus far has to be that of Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor. The News of the World claims the Togo striker will be offered a new deal to ward off United's interest.

The biggest name tipped to leave Old Trafford in the transfer window is Argentine defender Gabriel Heinze, who has apparently alerted Juventus, AC Milan and Valencia.

Heinze's mooted departure could pave the way for more tabloid rumours to bear fruit, with the arrival of 17-year-old Southampton left-back Gareth Bale. The Welsh international youngster is highly rated, with United, Liverpool, Arsenal and even Real Madrid tipped to test the Saints' resolve.

Elsewhere, Alan Smith is set to stay at Old Trafford despite being an alleged loan target for half the Premiership, while Wes Brown is also keen to remain at United.

Numeric
15-01-2007, 11:30 AM
wouldn't mind Xavi, that would be a good signing although i can't see Barca letting him go...

Hargreaves has still got to be our number one priority, i honestly believe he is the answer...

dunno why the f**k we'd be interested in Adebayor...

the Heinze situation is worrying, i'd really like to see him stay, despite the fact that Evra has been playing really well in that position, we need heavy weight options and Gabby can play anywhere across the back, be totaly gutted if he left, the idea of signing Bale is nice though...

feel a little sorry for Smithy at the moment, he needs time of the pitch to get back on top of his game, he's still got the potential to be a top class striker if he gets chance...

Esox Lucius
15-01-2007, 12:13 PM
rumours buffon is on his way to the premiership.

Insomnia
15-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Lehmann was on about going, not sure now to be honest, Buffon would make a nice replacement, they were also on about Craig Gordon from Hearts.......

prozac
16-01-2007, 12:45 AM
i dont think Buffon would go to the premiership...
i'd say milan or inter are more likely

Heinze, Mavuba, Barzagli, klose, Claudio Pizarro, Salihamidzic, Jacq Faty, Ribery
all linked with Juve

Grygera is a done deal

Will
16-01-2007, 02:39 AM
Riberry wants to come to Arsenal and play with his "big brother" Henry!

And Adebayor's too good for Man U and he woulsn't go there I'm sure, nor would Arsenal sell to them.

Numeric
16-01-2007, 08:56 AM
And Adebayor's too good for Man U and he woulsn't go there I'm sure, nor would Arsenal sell to them.

:laughing:

comedy...

nick_anarchy
16-01-2007, 09:44 AM
:laughing:

comedy...

agree i think thats just paper talk tbh i dont think hes goodenuff ...

i do hope Gabby dont go hes a player i really like , a hard man in defence ! Not many left around like him

Will
16-01-2007, 11:20 AM
He was good enough to score the winner at OT!

nick_anarchy
16-01-2007, 01:16 PM
He was good enough to score the winner at OT!

o with a mistake from the player whos is domanating the prem

yep he scored the winner and ? does that make he a player of real quality ? nope he was lucky , ronaldo was tryin to play the joker and ****ed up lik ei said it wont happen again ;)

so dont count your chickens to early mate

basslinejunkie
16-01-2007, 02:17 PM
adebyor is quality,anyone who says otherwise is a mug ;)

all quiet on our front as far as i know,apart from macheranio,although sissokko is on his way back soon so i cant see the point.

but it looks like the takeover is imminent,prepare to eat our dust!!

prozac
16-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Adebayor does look a quality player

nick_anarchy
16-01-2007, 02:39 PM
adebyor is quality,anyone who says otherwise is a mug ;)

all quiet on our front as far as i know,apart from macheranio,although sissokko is on his way back soon so i cant see the point.

but it looks like the takeover is imminent,prepare to eat our dust!!

hes nothin special

basslinejunkie
16-01-2007, 05:15 PM
blah.if he was a united player youd cream your pants

nick_anarchy
16-01-2007, 07:48 PM
blah.if he was a united player youd cream your pants

not at all if he was a utd player i would still think the same
i dont rate the lad simple as that

whats he done to say hes a quality player then ??

basslinejunkie
16-01-2007, 09:02 PM
adjusted to premier leauge life like a duck to water,took over when henry was out and scored what,8-10 goals in his first season here?? what more can you ask for

djfase
16-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Yeah adebayor is class.

Id say the same as kanu but with more power and pace. Control is almost identical.

Both have strawberry heads aswell.:laughing:

Will
17-01-2007, 12:03 AM
Watching the 2000 review videk, Kanu had a surprising turn of pace back then. Of course he's probably about 40 now, they're not very accurate abot these things in Nigeria, same as Martins, he's probably in his 30's too!

Insomnia
17-01-2007, 12:51 AM
adjusted to premier leauge life like a duck to water,took over when henry was out and scored what,8-10 goals in his first season here?? what more can you ask for

Well said mate couldn't agree more!

basslinejunkie
17-01-2007, 01:09 AM
Yeah adebayor is class.

Id say the same as kanu but with more power and pace. Control is almost identical.

Both have strawberry heads aswell.:laughing:

yep clones arent they!! i think adebyor is even better tho,has more pace an strength,the ball just sticks to him

basslinejunkie
17-01-2007, 01:10 AM
what did the goons pay for him?? **** why didnt we go in for him?!?

Insomnia
17-01-2007, 01:21 AM
To be honest mate i aint to sure, i like that Baptista would like to see him join permantely, Reyes is happy in spain, so i think it would do us both good!

prozac
17-01-2007, 12:48 PM
what did the goons pay for him?? **** why didnt we go in for him?!?

because we have the footballing genius that is Peter Crouch!

Esox Lucius
17-01-2007, 04:18 PM
freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak. nah i dont mind crouch, seems alright for a spaz.

basslinejunkie
17-01-2007, 04:51 PM
a slug would outpace him tho.

nick_anarchy
17-01-2007, 04:56 PM
what happened to the kopites who loved him

prozac
17-01-2007, 05:58 PM
what happened to the kopites who loved him

people loved him?
his family are kopites?

basslinejunkie
17-01-2007, 09:51 PM
il give him his due,hes done better than i thought he would,but is he gona win us titles???

no.

prozac
18-01-2007, 03:48 AM
il give him his due,hes done better than i thought he would,but is he gona win us titles???

no.

exactly, liverpool shouldnt be about players doing well (by their own personal standards)
we need the best players!

Will
18-01-2007, 03:53 AM
We paid 7m for him I think, he's good, but arguably our worst striker!

Crouch has done pretty well, but he's just so unseemly and doesn't encourage good football... Wadn't he dropped when scoring loads though?

prozac
18-01-2007, 03:59 AM
We paid 7m for him I think, he's good, but arguably our worst striker!

Crouch has done pretty well, but he's just so unseemly and doesn't encourage good football... Wadn't he dropped when scoring loads though?

he's good, done pretty well....

you never said stuff like that about fowler/owen/rush/dalglish/keegan/beardsley, beacause they were ****in brilliant!

not just good!
:cheese:

Will
18-01-2007, 04:07 AM
I was talking about Adebayor, I'm an Arsenal fan, so 'we' means the Gunners!

Insomnia
19-01-2007, 04:58 PM

7 million didn't know that mate, bloody hell!

prozac
19-01-2007, 05:00 PM

sorry mate!

278d7e64a374de26f==