PDA

View Full Version : Geoff Nugent - Noise of Destruction

piginabush
15-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Hello There!!!

Well, after a pretty quiet 2006 (with only 10 gigs played out due to moving house) it's time to start 2007 with a bang!!!

Noise of Destruction is a Studio-Mixed Hard Techno and Schranz demo, recorded on 15th January 2007.

To download this mix, right click and save target as on the following link;

http://www.positiveimpact.streamlinetrial.co.uk/noiseofdestruction.mp3

Here is the Tracklisting;

Dynamo City - One Night in Hackney (Saturday Night in Shoreditch Mix)
A.P. - Outta Control
Glitch Versions Update 1 - Every Sound (Alex Calver Remix)
Mario M - Wie Bitte (DJ Ocram Mix)
Frank Kvitta - Senor Frog's
Manu Kenton - 1991
Bazz Dee - Panic
Leo Laker vs Tomash Gee - For the Germans
Tadox - Big City Fever
James Brown is Dead (White)
Somebody's Watching Me (White)
La La Land (White)
Star 69 (White)
Firestarter (White)

In addition to the above mix, just a little reminder that my two productions are available to listen to on my myspace music page. This can be found at http://www.myspace.com/pyroboytechno as my production name is Pyroboy!!!

A final little reminder that all my Biog, Dates, Flyers, Pics etc etc can be found at http://www.geoffnugent.co.uk

Well, thats me lot, look forward to seeing you all in 2007!!!

piginabush
16-01-2007, 11:01 PM
no takers guys??

this ones getting some great comments/reviews on other boards posted up on......

piginabush
21-01-2007, 08:58 PM
cheers for the support guys

Tiptoe
21-01-2007, 10:14 PM
sorry but the reason i think a lot of people will avoid this mix is this

La La Land (White)
Star 69 (White)
Firestarter (White)

i may be wrong but most of these type of tunes make us cringe and you will probably see from the amount of stick tunes like this get in the techno discussion board that they are not well recieved. Having that amount of these novelty shranz remixes in one mix let a lone enough in a row is enough for me to not want to listen to your mix.
Sorry but just honest feedback. Its kind of the same as the dj who drops big tune after big tune after big tune its very boring and unimaginative. If your going to be mixing techno from now on at least try and be more creative with your track selection and i'm sure people will download and give you feedback but i just think most people here will not be interested.
I haven't listened to the mix so i can't coment on your mixing as the tunes are not really my cup of tea. If i were you i'd scrap the bad shranz remix's and if you insist on having them in just put one in and like i say i'm sure people will listen and give you feedback good or bad when you do!

piginabush
23-01-2007, 05:59 PM
sorry but the reason i think a lot of people will avoid this mix is this

La La Land (White)
Star 69 (White)
Firestarter (White)

i may be wrong but most of these type of tunes make us cringe and you will probably see from the amount of stick tunes like this get in the techno discussion board that they are not well recieved. Having that amount of these novelty shranz remixes in one mix let a lone enough in a row is enough for me to not want to listen to your mix.
Sorry but just honest feedback. Its kind of the same as the dj who drops big tune after big tune after big tune its very boring and unimaginative. If your going to be mixing techno from now on at least try and be more creative with your track selection and i'm sure people will download and give you feedback but i just think most people here will not be interested.
I haven't listened to the mix so i can't coment on your mixing as the tunes are not really my cup of tea. If i were you i'd scrap the bad shranz remix's and if you insist on having them in just put one in and like i say i'm sure people will listen and give you feedback good or bad when you do!

Cool mate, thanks for your very honest feedback. Its a shame you decided not to download based purely on the fact there are a few white label remixes on the end, but at least you have explained your decision. I have tried to base the mix on how I would play a set like this out in a club, and a set full of unknown schranz has in my experience so far not had as much of a dancefloor reaction than a set with a few recogniseable tunes in. I have also d/loaded quite a few big schranz DJs sets like viper xxl and arkus p and they seem to be littered with remixes of well known tunes, if its good enough for them, its good enough for me ;)

Tiptoe
23-01-2007, 07:36 PM
fair enough i depends what market your aiming at i mean no disrespect but dropping loads of those whites at what i would call a night like atomic jam, voodoo or other what i would call proper techno nights wouldn't work i don't think. I can remember being at voodoo and dj rush dropped one or 2 and people kind of just looked at eachother.

eyeswithoutaface
23-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Geoff, ur trying to copy people who have a massive foothold in the schranz scene. Guys like Viper and Arkus literaly gave birth to the current manifestation of schranz, they have alot and i mean alot of fans in places, they could drop the theme tune to ****ing button moon and the crowd would go mental. It's the likes of Viper and those core schranz artists like Wittekind, Amok, Arkus and Natus who are reputedly behind some or most of these whites anyway, Joe is spot on with his comments because as soon as i saw those tracks in a line i thought no thanks!

if u played that set over in Germany at 6am people would probably love it

robin m
23-01-2007, 08:45 PM
I've just given this a listen, must admit I thought the same as them ^^ when I saw the tracklist - not a fan of schranz remixes at all myself.

It's definitely very well mixed & put together, certainly no problems at all there - and I reckon a lot of dancefloors would go for it big style... it's just us snobs being difficult :;

piginabush
23-01-2007, 11:40 PM
cheers for all of the comments guys..... I guess I am learning the hard way ;)))

278d7e64a374de26f==