PDA

View Full Version : Spurs chase Gaby

nick_anarchy
17-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Spurs Keen on Heinze For £5m
Tottenham Hotspur are to make a £5million bid for Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze. But the move could hinge on United successfully completing a £6m swoop for superkid Gareth Bale. Argentina World Cup star Heinze has been pushed out at Old Trafford in favour of Patrice Evra. Fergie, though, is unlikely to let Heinze move on if his £6m offer fails to net 17-year-old Southampton full-back Bale, who is a target for a host of Premiership clubs.
Dave Kidd, The Sun

The Daily Mail claim Owen Hargreaves is in danger of missing out on his dream move to Old Trafford after German midfielder Sebastian Deisler rocked Bayern Munich by announcing his retirement, at just 27. Shocked Bayern bosses reacted to Deisler’s decision by ruling out any prospect of a move for Hargreaves this month and indicating that he may not be allowed to leave in the summer.

The Sun speculates over Alan Smith's future, while Phil Bardsley, currently on loan at Aston Villa, is clinging on to his United dream. “Everyone knows what football is like and if my time is up at United then I will move on," said Bardsley. "But you never know with football and I will work hard at Villa and take it from there.

The Daily Mirror reckon United stars will share a huge £5.6million bonus pay-out if they can stage a repeat of their 1999 Treble success this season.

Numeric
17-01-2007, 11:06 PM
man i can't believe it looks as though we're gonna sell Gabby, he's one of our best players for f**ks sake...

basslinejunkie
18-01-2007, 12:02 AM
haha luv it!!! :D

french_og
18-01-2007, 01:55 AM
I can't see them selling him... he is a better left back than Evra and has that typical Argentine winners attitude (or bad losers attitude) which you need to have to be a winner.

prozac
18-01-2007, 03:50 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if we saw him in italy next year..

lukekendall
18-01-2007, 07:51 AM
i cant see it happening myself, tho i would love it if he did join us he is quality and can also play centre back which is a bonus

nick_anarchy
18-01-2007, 09:14 AM
i hope he dont go !

Esox Lucius
18-01-2007, 09:17 AM
stupid if they sell him, maybe SAF has had a barney with him?

Insomnia
18-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Great player would be a huge loss in my eyes to Man U!

nick_anarchy
18-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Great player would be a huge loss in my eyes to Man U!

agree 100% tho he has come out and said he will stay and fight for his place and at the end of the season will check his options and go from there .... he has quite a following from clubs around europe and his contract runs out at the end of 2007 so to let him go for a free is just stupid ! if we want to keep a quality player we need to get him to sign a new contract A.S.A.P !!

Numeric
19-01-2007, 12:20 PM
it's strange that United have let his contract run so close to when it's due to end, normally if they were planning on keeping a player they'd have signed him on for a few extra years by now...

agree with what everyone is saying, it would be a great loss to United if he goes...

kai
19-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Deffo - Heinze's class - much better full back than Evra imo and should be playing as first choice - cant understand why he isn't tbh - selling him would just be stupid - espesh to replace him with a 17 year old who's untested in the Premiership - f..uck sake - you dont get to be Argentina's first choice at left back without being damn good and proven at international level - something that cant be said about Evra or Bale - end of the day facing a real top winger in Europe I would rather have a dirty Argie left to handle it than some kid from southampton!

Numeric
19-01-2007, 05:24 PM
to be fair Evra has been class all season, can't really fault him and i can see why Sir Alex would want to stick with him at left back due to current form...

yes Heinze is awesome, but at the moment Evra has made the position his own...

Sir has said today that Heinze is staying anyway so it's all good, just need to sort a contract for him...

Numeric
21-01-2007, 12:05 PM
apparently Gabby has another two years on his contract anyway...

kai
22-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Cool - thats good to hear

278d7e64a374de26f==