PDA

View Full Version : electro house?

rhythmtech
18-01-2007, 10:46 PM
what do you think of it?

personally i'm lovin sebastien leger & (of course) cirez d.. its become a little flooded (as every hyped genre does) and that bloody "hands up for detroit" tune makes me sweat with anger but some of it can add an element of funk at the begining of a techno set.

any thoughts?

Tiptoe
18-01-2007, 11:03 PM
i love it! some really good stuff out there. shamless plug but you'll probably like my mix in the filez section cos i've got a few bits on there by mr leger. He's really on form at the minute.

audioinjection
18-01-2007, 11:17 PM
most of the stuff i hear in that genre im not too fond of, though i'm not too familiar with many producers of that genre. leger is a dope producer......but i think i would say his tracks sound more techy nowadays, compared to his disco house tunes years back

rhythmtech
18-01-2007, 11:20 PM
definitly. i think thats y i like his stuff.. same as prydz.. he's on a much techier tip than the rest of the genre..

leger rmxs are amazing too

robin m
18-01-2007, 11:25 PM
I like a lot of what I've heard, don't really know who to listen out for or anything though... I've got few of the mouseville releases but on the whole I prefer to listen to other people playing it rather than mixing it myself.

Tiptoe
18-01-2007, 11:25 PM
yeah his old stuff is hite but his new stuff is really good. check academy records. thats a reallt tuff electro house label and has some nice stuff on it.

MARK ANXIOUS
18-01-2007, 11:30 PM
i love it, but as with anything there's line of cheesy vs good. leger for sure rocks.

Tiptoe
18-01-2007, 11:49 PM
don't know whether you'd call it electro house but james zabelia stuff is awsum the tacks on renessaince are great so is his mix of the new sasha tune. One of my fav tune of the year already!

DannyBlack
19-01-2007, 04:43 PM
DK7 have some good electro house out there, but on the whole not really into the genre.

Jak
20-01-2007, 01:01 AM
it's odd how things are getting lumped in the electro-house category at the moment. seems like anything that has a techy beat and more emphasis on tweaked synth bass-lines and leads is being called electro-house by the shops. I suppose the seller has to choose a category to put stuff under for better or worse but it can lead to some confusion.

for example I really like some of the stuff in the electro-house category on juno such as leger or some of the pickadoll tunes and a few tunes from kompakt extra germany. on the other hand most of prydz (not his cirez d stuff) stuff, hoxton whores, that ****ing cicada tune and of some of the popish sounding stuff seems to be a world away from the stuff I like.

I guess the lesson is don't get too caught up on genre names. does it fit with your set, does it make you move your body. ok then....

fac
20-01-2007, 01:26 AM
DK7 have some good electro house out there, but on the whole not really into the genre.last time i saw them they played mostly acid house. but this is more than one year ago.

Numeric
20-01-2007, 11:15 AM
my friend Chris Lake produces a lot of electro house, he's done a few collabs with Sebastian Leger too, some of it i like some i don't...

think the sound has been battered to death over the past couple of years...

Tiptoe
20-01-2007, 11:31 AM
yeah the sound has been battered. ledgers new stuff i would say is much harder and techy. the realease on pickadoll is immense. 2 of my fav tunes at the minute on it!

dan the acid man
20-01-2007, 12:21 PM
i just like good music, no matter what genre it comes under, after hearing relentless hard techno for so long, i've gone looking for more melodic music that's got some groove to it to.

Plus it goes well with tech house

Tiptoe
20-01-2007, 02:45 PM
i like mixing up minimal and electro i think they go really well together

...Dave...
20-01-2007, 03:41 PM

indeed. with a nice bit of acid house too:cool:

Jak
22-01-2007, 08:18 PM

Yeah, it's nice to bring some of the electroish stuff in to liven things up a bit.

loopdon
22-01-2007, 08:49 PM
what do you think of it?

personally i'm lovin sebastien leger & (of course) cirez d.. its become a little flooded (as every hyped genre does) and that bloody "hands up for detroit" tune makes me sweat with anger but some of it can add an element of funk at the begining of a techno set.

any thoughts?

i am quite into it. can't talk about a set context because i rarely dj and if so to me or friends at the most. must check leger! i wouldn't say limit it to the beginning of a set, same as with minimal. i think it would be grand if more djs took up the task and mixed it all up. not like: "uh, oh, no i have got to get into the full-on phase etc. etc. i truely hate the ''play minimal for the first 1/2 hour or so''. with minimal i mean the 'minimal style' , not necessarily more sparse, stripped down pieces, which i would understand. drunk waffle, i know but i like tunes with a firm 2 and 4 basis (snares in particular).
not to keen on some of the sawy short note basslines but i guess every style has it's clichees. mix it all up, i say :)

loopdon
22-01-2007, 08:56 PM
i just like good music, no matter what genre it comes under, after hearing relentless hard techno for so long, i've gone looking for more melodic music that's got some groove to it to.

Plus it goes well with tech house

that's the way, mate, imo. i dare say hits need either melodies and/or vocals. isn't it strange that whenever the question ''what would you want to be played at your funeral?'' rarely gets answered with techno-, house- or dance-tracks in general? to me that say it all. still there's a place for disharmonic/non-melodic stuff in my heart.

DannyBlack
23-01-2007, 08:34 AM
last time i saw them they played mostly acid house. but this is more than one year ago.

yeah, your right there. the white shadow 12" is a savage example of that.

i have a record by em called 'wheres the fun' very electro housey. good track. im very partial to a bit of electro when im sick of blisteringly fast beats.

mattboyslim
23-01-2007, 12:41 PM
i dont mind some of the tracks lumped into this bracket, but i dont like all the funky house djs claiming to play 'electro'. give them aux88 and see how much they like 'electro'.

and whats that tribally house track that claims to be the electro anthem, with some guy chanting shit about electro? heard it on radio 1. its not even electro house, never mind electro.

robin m
23-01-2007, 01:11 PM
and whats that tribally house track that claims to be the electro anthem, with some guy chanting shit about electro? heard it on radio 1. its not even electro house, never mind electro.

:laughing:

I know the one you mean, it's like 2 unlimited all over again...

DannyBlack
23-01-2007, 01:49 PM
:laughing:

I know the one you mean, it's like 2 unlimited all over again...

you lay of 2unlimited... they are one of the most influencial techno groups you will ever see!
they inspired a generation to make great techno.

fac
23-01-2007, 01:51 PM
it's like 2 unlimited all over again...anita is still hot --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsyYy2f_kY4 what a milf :)
look at all these old guys in the audience freakin out like they are 20 again. bahaha nice try, maybe in 1993...

DannyBlack
23-01-2007, 02:06 PM
anita is still hot --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsyYy2f_kY4 what a milf :)
look at all these old guys in the audience freakin out like they are 20 again. bahaha nice try, maybe in 1993...

yeah, goddamn, she is still fiiiiiiiiiiine!

ds2
23-01-2007, 02:06 PM
anita is still hot --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsyYy2f_kY4 what a milf :)

ageist.

prozac
23-01-2007, 02:42 PM

what a milf indeed!
if only she could mime as well as she is hot!

stjohn
23-01-2007, 05:04 PM
if only she could mime as well as she is hot!

:scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch:

robin m
23-01-2007, 06:00 PM

Ding ding! :rulove:

She's still got it the minx :cool:

mattboyslim
23-01-2007, 06:35 PM
hahahahahaha from 2 unlimited's myspace...

"What happened to Ray and Anita anyway?!? Here's in short what they've been doing in the meanwhile...Ray Slijngaard and Anita Doth, who used her stage name Anita Dells when she was still with 2 Unlimited, have both left 2 Unlimited to get on with their solo careers. Ray is busy with his own record label, called Rayvano Records (named after his son), and Anita is currently busy with her own production company."

Rayvano records. awesome

...Dave...
23-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Ding ding! :rulove:

She's still got it the minx :cool:

:bemine: :langue: :yx:

prozac
23-01-2007, 08:36 PM
:scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch:

watch the video, its like she doesnt even know the words to the song sometimes!
she goes to sing but the chorus doesnt come....

pay attention and stop oogling her!

hoodlum
24-01-2007, 03:10 PM
im feeling it to the max..

...Dave...
24-01-2007, 04:38 PM
watch the video, its like she doesnt even know the words to the song sometimes!
she goes to sing but the chorus doesnt come....

pay attention and stop oogling her!

i wont be able to sleep now knowing that.:laughing:

justin schumacher
26-01-2007, 10:00 PM
electro house (as the industry has coined it) seems to be the middle ground for all forms of edm (techno, mnml, house, trance). i guess thats why its so popular nowadays.

some of it is really bangin, but like all the "flavor of the moment" genres, the market is flooded with mediocrity and crap from producers tryin to make a name for themselves or a quick buck or two.

278d7e64a374de26f==