PDA

View Full Version : Midi Keyboards...

tekboi
19-01-2007, 03:48 AM
Hi everyone,

$500AU would be my limit on a midi keyboard; is the Korg MicroKontrol a good choice or should I go for something else?

Cheers!

Grenoybel
19-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Can't help with that choice, since i lack the knowledge

but i would recomend to take a look at the novation, m- audio and cme keyboards

Altought what i read about the korg, gave me the sense that it's a quality midi keyboard, probably better from the others i mention

eyeswithoutaface
19-01-2007, 10:09 PM
work out your needs first. Do you need/want more octaves for playing up and down the board without having to transpose an octave up or down? Do you want more knobs and controllers/sliders?

i have a couple of Evolution MK449C's for playing my parts and some midi control, and a Behringer BCF2000 for full midi control, does me fine and dandy

machina
20-01-2007, 02:47 AM
there isn't really much that competes with the korg in that price range... kinda slightly to expensive to be considered budget, but most controllers that are a step up from budget are coupla hundred more than the korg, so it's probably you're best bet... they're probably better than the m-audio's etc, the only other one worth checking might be CME - have been impressed by their high-end gear, but haven't played with the cheaper stuff...

i assume you'd be happy with a 37 key keyboard, if you want more than that you're choices become pretty limited for $500

machina

theledge
21-01-2007, 01:09 AM
I have just bought one of these very happy with it so far

M-audio Axiom 49

Built like a tank

http://www.homestudio.fr/images_magasin/3059_image_med_m-audio-axiom49.jpg

£170 new - bargain

judas_beast
22-01-2007, 10:06 AM
I have just bought one of these very happy with it so far

M-audio Axiom 49

Built like a tank

http://www.homestudio.fr/images_magasin/3059_image_med_m-audio-axiom49.jpg

£170 new - bargain

It was a choice between that an the Microkontrol for me, went for the Korg in the end, £150 brand new. I'm sure both would do the job well.

278d7e64a374de26f==