PDA

View Full Version : murder was the bass

Tiptoe
20-01-2007, 10:50 AM
heard this track today for the first time in well over a year i bet and oh my god what a tune it really was. I had this on white label for months before it came out then one night at the orbit john berry played it and adam beyer and that was it over kill from then on. Everyone played it to deat ha dn i began to hate it. But what a tune it was at first total monster!

Mucky Beats
20-01-2007, 11:02 AM
too right mate the tune is a beast !! i remember i found it in a record shop in amsterdam and was like WTF is that! i wondered if it was the dutch grass playing with my ears ...but when i got home and first dropped it realized it wasnt the dutch grass this was one of the best techno tracks i'd heard... and then like tiptoe said came the caining and everyone and his dog played it twice in a set! i did manage to pick up the best bootleg of it...with the "just f*ck" vocal in it...deffo gave the tune a new lease of life in my box for a while !

Numeric
20-01-2007, 11:10 AM
i've got this track somewhere, picked it up at Eastern Bloc around the time when it was massive, not sure why i even bought it, thought it was s**t back then...

i'll have to dig it out and give it another listen...

dan the acid man
20-01-2007, 12:19 PM
it was great, but even by the time i'd got my hands on a copy, i was sick of it, so i've never even played mine :whoops:

i'd like to go a couple of years without hearing it but people keep bloody playing it

koma
20-01-2007, 12:21 PM
i'd like to go a couple of years without hearing it but people keep bloody playing it

haha
I just heard it last night :cool:

rhythmtech
20-01-2007, 02:09 PM
funnily enough i just dug this out last week to give it a spin again..

class tune.. when that big synth drops.. OMFG!!! :ruevil:

teknorich
20-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Ha ha, I remember saying to Numeric that I liked this track and being thoroughly scorned for it...
=)

Numeric
20-01-2007, 02:33 PM
you know i respect your opinion rich lad...

:cheese:

i'll give it another listen...

Frank Dogshit
20-01-2007, 03:35 PM
great tune when it first came out for that gurned off your face in a club factor but like mentioned....it got way to big for its boots,every cunt and his dog remixed it and that was it game over for that one.
remember one of the first times i heard it was at cocoon 2002/2003 maybe?,hawtin was battering it like mad.

the other side of the vinyl is actually far superior imo...that electro track is class. actually the original i think??

...Dave...
20-01-2007, 03:39 PM
its the tune i really wish dj's would leave at home. maybe just for a few more years.

was a beast of a tune originally, but now it makes me want to go punch the dj.

leave the f#cker alone FFS.

also pontape. no need:whoops:

Tiptoe
20-01-2007, 03:43 PM
never like pontape for some reason. thought it was cheesy first time i heard it.

DJ Becka
20-01-2007, 03:48 PM
the other side of the vinyl is actually better imo...that electro track is class. actually the original i think??

Both sides are f**king great - and I still rock out the electro side from time to time.

Funny thing - the day I bought my copy, I walked into the store and my friend who worked there handed it to me and said,' you dont even need to listen to this, just buy it. ' I listened anyway because I was curious....but only listened to the one side, loved it, and never even bothered to listen to the other (which was the electro cut). Well....just like everyone else, I got sick of the track too and removed it from my box, but then I found myself being forced to play it when I did an interview at this one record shop when I was in Venezuela. They handed me the record and I was like 'this again.....blah!!!', so I figured I would do something different and play the flip side to spare myself the agony of having to hear this track yet again - what a nice surprise that it was this amazing electro track - I cant believe I slept on this side for all the time that I had the record.

So yea, great record all the same.....supposedly it took Jesper only a day to produce it too....

neko
20-01-2007, 09:03 PM
I absolutely love this tune, so many good memories everytime i hear it.
I hadn't heard it in ages then heard it on the krome@darkside set, love it :dance:

robin m
20-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Murder was the bass is an ace track... there's a reason it got rinsed to the (ridiculous) extent it did.

One of my mates who plays breaks & electro-house somehow managed to buy it for the B side (which is a brilliant track) and didn't have a clue what was on the A-side until I pointed it out to her :scratch:

Stella Boy
20-01-2007, 10:23 PM
I absolutely love this tune, so many good memories everytime i hear it.
I hadn't heard it in ages then heard it on the krome@darkside set, love it :dance:

I dont remember him playing that, must have been in a worse state than I originally thought :ohdear:

Frank Dogshit
20-01-2007, 10:31 PM
I dont remember him playing that, must have been in a worse state than I originally thought :ohdear:

its that the night you were dancing hysterically behind the decks like sven vath??

Tiptoe
20-01-2007, 10:39 PM
ha ha i played it when i was warming patrik skoog up but i plsyed the smith and selway mix and he asked me what it was ha ha

Stella Boy
20-01-2007, 11:33 PM
its that the night you were dancing hysterically behind the decks like sven vath??

I was at one with the vath when I was playing but I still can't remember jak about Krome's set :ohdear: Think I was sat in the garden the majority of the night after with sam horam

markandrew
21-01-2007, 05:54 AM
a good track that got ruined because of over play still good to dig out after a few years tho :)

vadarfone
21-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Yeah I know what you mean.

It is a ****ing HEAVY track though. This is obviously why it was caned so much. Its a shame when you hear something too much and it becomes associated with the wrong emotions. In essence, it is just fabulous.

Proves that there is still the pop element, even in techno though eh?

loopdon
21-01-2007, 02:02 PM
sounds like a groundloop to me :)

Ritzi Lee
21-01-2007, 02:21 PM
The first time I heared it was @ Timewarp 2003 in Germany.
Marco Bailey played it.
I was like "WTF"!!

Anyway, afterwards I've heared it too many times,
and when it finally came out, I didn't buy it.

Tiptoe
21-01-2007, 02:25 PM
stella boy thats that night when we all had dodgy you know whats and everyone was ****ed. I felt that vile i couldn't be arsed doing anything and was sat with your donna on one arm and kayli on the other all 3 of us smashed!

278d7e64a374de26f==