PDA

View Full Version : TRAKTOR

synikal waste
20-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Just getting into mixing with traktor software as a way of unleashing all the tunes i have on cd and as a way of increasing the number of tracks i have by backing up some additional collections.

Any advice / tips.

Welcomed

tonyc2002
20-01-2007, 02:09 PM
hmm not sure mate really....get urself a multi-channel soundcard and a decent midi controller i guess :mrmyagi:

vadarfone
21-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Traktor is really great. I use it when I play out live. I am not the kind of guy who can handle splitting a track into a zillion peices for play back in Ableton; rather I finish a track and dj with it. This is enough for me!

As for tips... Not a lot to say really apart from...

- Set up the effects and stuff at the top how you like it.

- Learn that while the BPM sometimes doesnt detect the right speed it is most often bang on in terms of slicing. Use the bpm fixer to put it into the range you think the track should be at and you will be fine. Excellent feature.

You will need a multi-channel sound card to take advantage of the CUE feature (this is perfect when you set it up)

You CAN dj visually, but your sets will be better if you use the CUE.

Apart from that, just make sure you disable all the other unnecessary shit on your PC (CTRL + ALT + DEL) to make sure there are no glitches or slow-downs and take it from there.

Buzzin

synikal waste
21-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Thanks and Yeah the multi channel soundcard is a deffo must ......... the NI Audio Kontrol 1 seems to be ok for this purpose and the Indigo one for laptops.

Think i will be using this alot with an external mixer.

Have an Ecler Hak 360 at the moment but this might just tempt me back too a another Allen & Heath XOne 32 ..... regrets selling the last one i had ............... and current budget wont stretch as far as an Xone 3D which has the soundcard and hardware controls for Traktor / Ableton built in (£1400 would be another 2 weeks snowboarding).

Any tipson getting the analyze function to be more accurate would be welcomed. Would be nice to leave traktor in the knowledge that the beats are locked and free me up to focus on additional layering with my turntables.

278d7e64a374de26f==