PDA

View Full Version : new track--thomas figo - this monster is hard

thomas_figo
22-01-2007, 03:07 PM
im still workin on it.but need some feedback to go forward.not sure about few bits and im wondering if this is only me or someone will pick it up as well.criticism more than welcome.

http://download.yousendit.com/97EA58343AEBF33C

-------------------------

BRADLEE
22-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Really enjoyed the intro section. On a whole the tune reminds me loads of that DK8 Murder was the bass tune. Sounds nice though as far as the track arrangement and such goes. You've got some nice elements which seem to play well with another, been adding more edits lately too. Keep it up amigo.

rhythmtech
22-01-2007, 04:53 PM
listening now..

sounds nice and dark but i think the production is a little too "nice" for this style. i'd dirty it up a bit more. also the main synth seems a little static. the percussion is already quite static so i think the synth could do with a little shuffle on it and an extra note here and there.

over all a good tune with a nice industrial feel to it.

good work fella

judas_beast
22-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Its cool man. I agree with whats been said though, sounds a bit to clean. Maybe the high end percussion could have more ''bite'' to it. If it was me I'd run a few elements through a bit crushing prog, just to nasty the whole thing up a bit. I personally like this style of Techno, so I'm definately feeling the track. One other little thing to, some bits just seem a tiny bit too loud compared to the rest of the track, they sort of jump out a bit.

Nice an dark though, would go down well in a squat!

dirty_bass
23-01-2007, 03:01 AM
Nice.
Good pace too, stompin tempo.
Production overall is very clean, good separation.
I don`t think it needs more dirt at all.
People forget what happens to sound on a soundsystem and overcompensate on noise at home when making this kind of music, trying to reproduce the loud system effect.
Too dirty and it sounds shit on a rig.
This will translate well to a soundsystem and still rawk nicely.

I found the mix a little too static, and lacking presence and polish overall.
I think the hats are a little too crisp and thin, and could do with just a little verb and maybe some back up in the lower regions of the top end (if that makes sense). Somewhere around 2.5k-ish just to add a bit of warmth.

The bass could be just a little meatier too.
The lead sound (the grungey one) that comes in could be much larger.
I`d really expand it stereo wise, and maybe get some very subtle fx in the back of it, just to give it a little sheen (maybe some chorus)

I`d go back and work my way through the sounds polishing a little, giving the lead sounds more presence, adding touches of verb here and there, maybe using some higher quality EQ`s on the more important sounds, better compression etc.

Good stuff, and it`s nice to hear good controlled production, but basically you just need to get out your mister sheen and polish polish polish.

stjohn
23-01-2007, 02:28 PM
good work man... i think everythign has been said before regarding production. i can deffo see this doing some floor-al damage

thomas_figo
23-01-2007, 07:52 PM
thanx guys.glad u like it.great advices.cheers

Tyrisia
23-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Gotta say I really like this track, it may need some work, but it's got loadsa potential.

Great work, sounds pretty big, keep it up man.

thomas_figo
23-01-2007, 11:54 PM
Gotta say I really like this track, it may need some work, but it's got loadsa potential.

Great work, sounds pretty big, keep it up man.

cheers.glad u like it too.i will spend week or two to get this spot on.will post when is ready.

force
24-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Good work fella!

thomas_figo
25-01-2007, 07:44 AM
Good work fella!

cheers pal.

Siege
28-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Good shit matey.....best ive heard from you

thomas_figo
29-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Good shit matey.....best ive heard from you

thanx m8.glad u like it as well.im still workin on it.its gettin better and better.

loopdon
29-01-2007, 10:33 PM
please re-upload this as the link has expired!

thomas_figo
29-01-2007, 11:37 PM

here u go:
updated link and improved track.

http://download.yousendit.com/3C4809EF1BE25960

thomas_figo
04-02-2007, 11:58 AM

do u like it then?

loopdon
04-02-2007, 12:07 PM
will check today.

thomas_figo
05-02-2007, 03:06 PM
been workin on it again.thats what iv got from last night.dont know what else i could make better.im still on heads so feedbacks from speakers users will be really helpfull. any suggestion?

http://download.yousendit.com/0A0BF4243332E9B9

jk_scowling
05-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Cool man, sounding impressive now.

loopdon
06-02-2007, 12:27 PM
few days ago since i listened to this. only issue i had was i felt it needed more bass (deep(er) bass). solid, though, mate.

err.. and i felt the title sucked bigtime, but maybe that's just me :)

robin m
06-02-2007, 09:27 PM
This is a monster, really like it. Love those great growling sounds... and you've got some really creative panning and slick edits going on.

The kicks sound like they could do with beefing up a bit, the bottom end really wants to thump on this track I reckon - other than that production seems very clean, everything's well-spaced and nicely defined.

Excellent work! :cool:

Tyrisia
07-02-2007, 05:59 AM
Apart from what's been mentioned, excellent stuff as I've already said, arrangement wise it's pretty advanced. it's definitely one to really keep goin at until you've got it soundin amazin, you'll learn alot by lookin at all the posts in the production forum, and if there's somethin you're not sure about, ask and ye shall definitely recieve, this place is brilliant for that, helped me loads over the years.

BRADLEE
07-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Yeah Thomas, really liking the most recent version posted. Can tell you made a couple of changes here and there. Sounds well proper to me homie. Do think the low end could also be a little heavier, but man really sounds like a smooth club banger at this point. Keep up the great work as I look forward very much to hearing the next track.

thomas_figo
08-02-2007, 07:51 PM
cheers guys. really glad u like it so much.
thanx 4 good feedbacks and a technical advice.

thomas_figo
19-02-2007, 12:18 AM
a link has expired. new one for those who want to listen to final version of my last track.enjoy!

http://download.yousendit.com/7BE4436850FE9E3A

lissajou
10-03-2007, 05:06 PM
haven't managed to download the tune as yet, tho for what it's worth, i totally heart the title! don't dare change it, or i swear to yod, i will use it myself!!1

thomas_figo
11-03-2007, 02:17 AM
haven't managed to download the tune as yet, tho for what it's worth, i totally heart the title! don't dare change it, or i swear to yod, i will use it myself!!1

follow a myspace's link if still want to check it out

MARK ANXIOUS
12-03-2007, 12:26 AM
yo t have ya got a d/l for this hi q cause i really wannna play this out :)

278d7e64a374de26f==