PDA

View Full Version : Hard grinding Techno - ''Destruct Your System''

judas_beast
22-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Been a while since I've put any tracks on here for you aural (dis?!)pleasure.

Bit different to my normal style this on, more loopy. Any comments welcome, thinking of changing it a little, any ideas?

http://www.infexious.net/infx/attachment.php?attachmentid=1027&d=1169394755

only a 128k mp3 I'm afraid. :(

dirty_bass
23-01-2007, 02:41 AM
Harsh.

I like a bit of grind now and again, but I found this too dry and too digital.
I think I fuller use of the spectrum and maybe some deeper bass, and some warmth somewhere in the mix to gel things together would help this a lot.

The main gong like sound is too dry, and could do with some reverb maybe.

I think overall this needs a lot of processing on the individual sounds to give it polish and interest.
Maybe some subtle flanged reverb on some of the sounds, and other subtle effects to make them swim around a little would be great.
It`s very easy to just settle with distortion and bit crushing when going for a "harder" sound, but good processing and ambient dynamics help any tune.
Lots of interesting edits also would help with this style of tune.

judas_beast
23-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Harsh.

I like a bit of grind now and again, but I found this too dry and too digital.
I think I fuller use of the spectrum and maybe some deeper bass, and some warmth somewhere in the mix to gel things together would help this a lot.

The main gong like sound is too dry, and could do with some reverb maybe.

I think overall this needs a lot of processing on the individual sounds to give it polish and interest.
Maybe some subtle flanged reverb on some of the sounds, and other subtle effects to make them swim around a little would be great.
It`s very easy to just settle with distortion and bit crushing when going for a "harder" sound, but good processing and ambient dynamics help any tune.
Lots of interesting edits also would help with this style of tune.

I shall have a fiddle. And then play about with the tune.

stjohn
23-01-2007, 02:05 PM
haha mental shit man...
i agre with DB on alot of the stuff... it it very harsh, although the sounds is quite big and clear...
personally i think if you fill that low end a bit better, than the rest will sit better... interested to hear how it goes, coz its sick shit :grr: nice1

judas_beast
23-01-2007, 03:29 PM
haha mental shit man...
i agre with DB on alot of the stuff... it it very harsh, although the sounds is quite big and clear...
personally i think if you fill that low end a bit better, than the rest will sit better... interested to hear how it goes, coz its sick shit :grr: nice1

When I mixed it down I did cut a lot of bass, thought it was too bass heavy... ears must not have been working too hot that day!

cheers for listening, any more for anymore?

BRADLEE
23-01-2007, 04:08 PM
haha mental shit man...

Yeah I just think some of the stuff is crushed a bit too much, but I do enjoy the track. Has a nice drive to it. Can't really comment on the mixdown cause I'm just in the phones, but it's clear and loud just how I like it.

judas_beast
25-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Cheers for listening y'all. Gonna make a few changes, warm up the lowend a bit I think.

278d7e64a374de26f==