PDA

View Full Version : what's the strangest thing that ever happened during your dj or live pa set?

Jak
23-01-2007, 12:25 AM
What's the craziest or strangest thing that ever happened to you during your set?

In the world of rave, club and dance music culture there is no shortage of freaks and freakish occurrences. I have a few stories worth telling but I bet you BOA users have some better ones. Lets hear em.

dirty_bass
23-01-2007, 12:31 AM
A piece of the ceiling fell on my head during a rather large rave in waterloo, london, whilst I was mixing..
For a moment, I just thought I had come up on some serious chemical cocktail (I was slightly trashed at the time, hedonistic days), but indeed it was a section of the ceiling, as some of my crew rushed over to check if I was ok.

I didn`t even drop the mix.
Ah, the good old days.

jk_scowling
23-01-2007, 12:37 AM
It's pretty tame really, but one thing i remember was when one of those plasma lights (the ones with the "lightning" inside, someone's bad idea of decor) fell off the top of a monitor, face down onto the turntable that was playing at the time. Glass smashed all over the decks, scratched my record, and stopped the music. Had to frantically clear up the glass in between mixes.

Jak
23-01-2007, 12:41 AM
A piece of the ceiling fell on my head during a rather large rave in waterloo, london, whilst I was mixing..

yikes!

Jak
23-01-2007, 12:55 AM
I was playing a techno set at a small club. It’s going pretty well but I’m sweating like crazy because I’m playing on 3 tables, it’s August, and there is no AC in the club.

A group of my fiancé’s friends are there dancing and clowning around in front of the tables, blowing kisses, and shaking their bottoms in my direction just to be funny. Soon I notice that some unknown gal is up in front of the tables doing the same sort of stuff, but it’s a little odd because I don’t know her.

So this girl is dancing around pretty soon she starts flashing me, pulling up her shirt and skirt. Meanwhile my fiancé’ has left the dance floor. Then the girl comes up to the tables and gestures to me as if she wants to tell me something. Like I said I’m sweating profusely and I lean towards her. Well instead of saying something she straight up licks the sweat that is dripping down my cheek off of my face and winks at me.

At that moment I kind of freaked out, I’m newly engaged, my fiancé is somewhere near by and in all honesty having someone lick the sweat off my face is not really my idea of a turn-on. I wave my hands at her in the “get the hell away from me motion” and she storms out not to be seen again.

It was pretty freaking weird and nobody that I was with actually saw it happen so every time I tell this story my friends are like “yeah right jak,” but it really happened!

The Overfiend
23-01-2007, 03:18 AM
I was playing a techno set at a small club. It’s going pretty well but I’m sweating like crazy because I’m playing on 3 tables, it’s August, and there is no AC in the club.

A group of my fiancé’s friends are there dancing and clowning around in front of the tables, blowing kisses, and shaking their bottoms in my direction just to be funny. Soon I notice that some unknown gal is up in front of the tables doing the same sort of stuff, but it’s a little odd because I don’t know her.

So this girl is dancing around pretty soon she starts flashing me, pulling up her shirt and skirt. Meanwhile my fiancé’ has left the dance floor. Then the girl comes up to the tables and gestures to me as if she wants to tell me something. Like I said I’m sweating profusely and I lean towards her. Well instead of saying something she straight up licks the sweat that is dripping down my cheek off of my face and winks at me.

At that moment I kind of freaked out, I’m newly engaged, my fiancé is somewhere near by and in all honesty having someone lick the sweat off my face is not really my idea of a turn-on. I wave my hands at her in the “get the hell away from me motion” and she storms out not to be seen again.

It was pretty freaking weird and nobody that I was with actually saw it happen so every time I tell this story my friends are like “yeah right jak,” but it really happened!

That's what the **** I'm talking about.

I was playing this club in Hoboken, and I had this one girl with me that I was boning at the time.
Then this other gal that I was playing with straight shows up cause she heard I was spinning on some word of mouth ish.
I was straight busted right?
Psyche
I went up to the girl the minute she walked through the door and pushed her out
told her she shouldn't be here.
Needless to say I ruined my chances with an insanely rich gal.
But I still tapped ass that night.

Word.

audioinjection
23-01-2007, 03:50 AM
damn, i remember a gig sometime in 1998, i played in some huge empty warehouse that was broken in to......so im djing, some gang members run into the warehouse with shotguns and start chasing some guys that were in the place, running and waving the damn guns around, so i get my records......the cops show up, impound the dj system along with my records :S

but i got them back the next weekend hehe

dont know if you'd call that weird but i thought it was pretty crazy haha

Jak
23-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Around 1998. A friend and I are standing in the back of a warehouse enjoying some mighty fine people watching. Right on cue this raver hippie fellow with bleach blonde dreadlocks stumbles in to us mumbling about who knows what and looking all kinds of f'ed up.

Soon after that I see that the guy is feeling around on the back windows of the warehouse, the place has huge double pane windows that are covered in black plastic, he's got his hands up on them and he's acting as if he might find some kind of portal in the window.

So as we are watching him he puts his face up against the window, puts all his weight on it and the freak actually pushes his head through the window. People start screaming and I'm having a hard time believing my own eyes. Then the dude basically twists his shoulders and pushes his whole body through the window and he falls out on the other side (its ground level) on to some kids that are sitting outside the warehouse.

This girl comes running up and proceeds to yell "oh my god, that's my friend, he's on PCP". So we run outside to see what's happening and this guy is visibly bleeding and had glass all over his cloths and he runs across the street to this gravel parking lot and actually starts trying to breakdance in the gravel.

At that point a group of ravers and some friends of the promoters come streaming out of the warehouse and proceed to chase the guy down the street away from the warehouse. We never saw the guy again. But I often wonder what the rest of his night was like,

The moral of this story: “Don’t do PCP!!!!!!”

rhythmtech
23-01-2007, 05:26 PM
anyone that was regular on the london scene will remember that mp's son throwin himself off the roof at that party years ago.. he died.. that was pretty f'ed up.

Buttman
23-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Having a slovakian slut hidden under table to give a blowjob during set?

tOM B
23-01-2007, 05:58 PM
For a moment, I just thought I had come up on some serious chemical cocktail (I was slightly trashed at the time, hedonistic days), but indeed it was a section of the ceiling, as some of my crew rushed over to check if I was ok.

I didn`t even drop the mix.
Ah, the good old days.

i played at a party in a barn quite a few years ago where a combination of the bass from the system and a few folks walking on the roof caused huge lumps of plastery type stuff to start falling from the ceiling - luckily none of hit me but the decks weren't so lucky. It carried on for most of my set and a huge lump landed in my record box covering my tunes with loads of plaster dust - i wasn't impressed

fac
23-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Having a slovakian slut hidden under table to give a blowjob during set?you call that strange? that should be the normal way for every gentleman doing a dj set or live pa.

The Overfiend
23-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Sidenote:
We're in Limelight
Cm Mob and Ayak deep.
Ante Up by MOP comes on
And all you see are herbs tucking chains left and right.
We started slam dancing and it just got 20 deep 30 deep 40 deep
50 people jumping for Ante Up wilding out.
Long story short, yeah, we snatched them chains boy.

Siege
23-01-2007, 06:08 PM
At one of the first gigs i ever played,i somehow managed to blowout the clubs entire power source.Nothing was in the red or anything like that...just one minute i was banging it out and the next, the whole club was plunged into absolute darkness.
When the problem was eventually sorted, i had some guy shaking my hand,buzzin of what had just happened and the club manager(who was from salford)
threatning me saying if i did it again,he was gonna take my car etc.etc.. strange but good fun

BRADLEE
23-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Oi not sure it's too odd, but had the lighting guy unplug all of the power during a set, so the whole damn rig went down. Horrible day...

Buttman
23-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Sidenote:
We're in Limelight
Cm Mob and Ayak deep.
Ante Up by MOP comes on
And all you see are herbs tucking chains left and right.
We started slam dancing and it just got 20 deep 30 deep 40 deep
50 people jumping for Ante Up wilding out.
Long story short, yeah, we snatched them chains boy.

I thought my English was good but I understood nothing of that.... ?

fac
23-01-2007, 07:00 PM
I thought my English was good but I understood nothing of that.... ?yeah, same here almost everytime he posts something. luckily its some schranz/hardtechno stuff most of the time i dont care anywayz :)

The Overfiend
23-01-2007, 07:11 PM
yeah, same here almost everytime he posts something. luckily its some schranz/hardtechno stuff most of the time i dont care anywayz :)

Wow, considering I am known not to be a schranz enthusiast
I find it pretty funny for you to place me in a pigeonhole.
If you don't understand it, then that's probably better off, because I don't want anyone who does not know who Kool G Rap is to understand that entire quote anyways.

Keep tickling Grovers heiny in the meantime.
Here's a feather for that gentle touch.

The Overfiend
23-01-2007, 07:11 PM
I thought my English was good but I understood nothing of that.... ?

Must be because I am what you have said I am isn't it.

rhythmtech
23-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Here's a feather for that gentle touch.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Buttman
23-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Must be because I am what you have said I am isn't it.

Haha you are funny.
For the first/last time. I AM NOT RACIST.
I hate everyone no matter race/gender/religion/age/colour.

The Overfiend
23-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Haha you are funny.

I know that Grover
http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/pics9/heart-ignition-0/Grover-Head.jpg

Buttman
24-01-2007, 01:26 AM
I know that Grover
http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/pics9/heart-ignition-0/Grover-Head.jpg

tried answering your pm but it said you do not accept pms.

bah

no tengo memoria de decirte que eres un nigga ;)
pero si si, claro que sera broma. lo se que eres latinito y no negrito.

dirty_bass
24-01-2007, 02:08 AM
This is turning into a damn episode of starsky and hutch.
No worse.
It`s reading like a 12 year olds text message.

Am I...
is this Blackou...

WTF is going on in here?

rhythmtech
24-01-2007, 02:16 AM
This is turning into a damn episode of starsky and hutch.
No worse.
It`s reading like a 12 year olds text message.

Am I...
is this Blackou...

WTF is going on in here?

pero si si, claro que sera broma. lo se que eres latinito y no negrito

from what i can make out :

i dont remember having a tango with your ears my nigga
yes yes you did and with clare in brum.. you know her? the one who likes kissing latinos and niggaz..

i could be wrong though :ohdear:

fac
24-01-2007, 02:31 AM
Wow, considering I am known not to be a schranz enthusiast
I find it pretty funny for you to place me in a pigeonhole.
If you don't understand it, then that's probably better off, because I don't want anyone who does not know who Kool G Rap is to understand that entire quote anyways.

Here's a feather for that gentle touch.look what you have done (http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=44811) you mean person...

Buttman
24-01-2007, 02:38 AM
look what you have done (http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=44811) you mean person...

lol very clever

dubs
24-01-2007, 03:50 AM
First week in London and first gig. Bouncer stabbed within twenty minutes of getting there. Three bouncers holed up in the toilets and about ten divies turn up. I don't miss nth London.

The Overfiend
24-01-2007, 05:00 AM
pero si si, claro que sera broma. lo se que eres latinito y no negrito

from what i can make out :

i dont remember having a tango with your ears my nigga
yes yes you did and with clare in brum.. you know her? the one who likes kissing latinos and niggaz..

i could be wrong though :ohdear:

Way off the mark........
But I'll accept that translation as well.
Cause it's f*ckin' hysterical!

The Overfiend
24-01-2007, 05:02 AM
look what you have done (http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=44811) you mean person...

Metal workers don't cry.
They weld a metal tear into a tree.
Extra feathers if you need em.

Buttman
24-01-2007, 07:49 AM
Metal workers don't cry.
They weld a metal tear into a tree.

Hahahahahaha

How to weld a tree I have yet to learn though.

The Overfiend
24-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Hahahahahaha

How to weld a tree I have yet to learn though.

Just burn it down and throw the lead on top of the ashes.
C'mon!

Buttman
24-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Just burn it down and throw the lead on top of the ashes.
C'mon!

True, true.

MSN me. Ask some of your friends for the addy. I would send it to you but I can not bah

Jak
24-01-2007, 11:29 PM
what happened? this was shaping up to be a funny topic.....

Mucky Beats
25-01-2007, 11:43 AM
I went to play in a club which i wont metion to be fair to the promoters they where good lads in the wrong venue... walked in and got onto the fact that this new event was being held in the local cattle market scouse house club... the place was half full of ravers and half full of burbury shirts and girls with boob tubes and belts for skirts! i got on the decks following a dj playin a kinda minimal /house set ... i started with a zoid track and fair play the place did go off!! in front of the decks was a stage and a group of girls started dancing on it... next minute while cueing my first mix a girl leaned right over the dj booth from the stage and floped her boobs out right in front of my face!!!!
Stood behind me was my girlfreind who was not a happy to say the least! and she proceded to point out she will cave the girls head in if she dont pee off!! so spent the remainder of my set trying to make sure my girfriend stayed in the dj booth ...he he he that was a strange set!! oh and as we where leaving saw the girl who had a flashing problem kicked out and with only one shoe on he he he!

massplanck
26-01-2007, 02:09 AM
I was at this party right. But my mammy warned me that the house was haunted, but me being a young up and coming techno dj i just would not listen to her.

I was on da decks right. mixing dave the drummer in with Kalishas 'milkshake' and next thing a big scary ghost with a sheet on its head appeared out of no-where and told me to shut the **** up or else it was going to kill me.

lol!!!

I told that spooky ghost that it should 'go away' and annoy the dead guy from hardfloor or the dude from 65d Mavericks.

I shit you not.

TechMouse
26-01-2007, 11:26 AM
I was at this party right. But my mammy warned me that the house was haunted, but me being a young up and coming techno dj i just would not listen to her.

I was on da decks right. mixing dave the drummer in with Kalishas 'milkshake' and next thing a big scary ghost with a sheet on its head appeared out of no-where and told me to shut the **** up or else it was going to kill me.

lol!!!

I told that spooky ghost that it should 'go away' and annoy the dead guy from hardfloor or the dude from 65d Mavericks.

I shit you not.

Man, Acid these days just isn't what it used to be...

ollie303
26-01-2007, 10:12 PM
one of my mates set fire to my tousers.
i was half way through a mix had no idea what was happening antill the headphones were pulled of me, and i was pushed over and rolled in the sand by people who saw me burning.
when it was put out i saw one of my trouser legs had burnt off up on side and realsied.
highly amusing for the croud im sure but i was pissed right off!
lucky the party was on a beach to, or id have burnt to death or just got pissed on mayb!

Jak
26-01-2007, 10:51 PM
[QUOTE=ollie303;492793]one of my mates set fire to my tousers.
QUOTE]

awesome!

wrong
31-01-2007, 01:09 AM
heheh, good thread...

theres been loads, but the ones that spring to mind immediately:
water trickling steadily onto me and the decks at a squat party years ago... in the end we all had to move the whole scaffold setup forwards a few feet, later i went upstairs and realised that the room everyone had been using as a toilet was right above where the decks had been ... euurgh

A few months ago was playing a set and suddenly shouted out in pain and almost fell over as my ankle was mauled by ...... yes... a rottweiler!

Lag
31-01-2007, 02:29 AM
heheh, good thread...

water trickling steadily onto me and the decks at a squat party years ago... in the end we all had to move the whole scaffold setup forwards a few feet, later i went upstairs and realised that the room everyone had been using as a toilet was right above where the decks had been ... euurgh

A few months ago was playing a set and suddenly shouted out in pain and almost fell over as my ankle was mauled by ...... yes... a rottweiler!
you lie

wrong
01-02-2007, 01:24 AM
you lie

no, not a word of a lie... it was a wedding party in a specially hired club in south london.. londoners will know malfaiteurs soundsystem and those familiar with them will know Mistral the rottweiler.. (henry.. back me up;))

Lag
01-02-2007, 02:04 PM
i was kidding dude :)

Little_Fella!
14-02-2007, 02:14 AM
Here's a dafty one...:)

Playing in what we fondly dubbed 'The Soup Kitchen' at a squatted old council offices in London a few years back...

I'd had a beer too many so was a bit grumpy with some French guy hassling me to be on next (now), you know the sort, bearing in mind that it was my little get up which I was leaving there for others to use, as we popped down only once or twice a month to have a shin-dig coz it was a mate of our's squat... aaanyways..

The floor had one little spot that, if jumped on, affected the needle on one of the decks.. We all know that one..!

I',m playing 'Control' by Headroom, which is kickin' and is having the desired effect on the crowd... :dance:

The only problem is some great tall guy is jumping up n down on that same spot n the needles bouncin all ovva... aaaagh!

So I bring the tune to a grinding halt and shout, "STOP ****ing DANCING WILL YER!!":oicamereyou:

How ridiculous...

The guy sort of understood but I reckon everyone else musta thought I was on summat... heh :ohdear:

dirty_bass
14-02-2007, 07:48 AM
heheh, good thread...

That sounds like it may have been our party in 99, at the old Big Issue building in farringdon.
If not, we had the same thing.
Horrible.

jon connor
16-02-2007, 05:29 PM
my mate dancing beside me at a gig in greece decided to put his hand in the air right into a ceiling fan thus cutting his thumb off thus i was beeing covered in the stupid fools blood and having to carry on phewwwww! it goes through me when i think of it ahhhhg!

Jak
16-02-2007, 10:49 PM
my mate dancing beside me at a gig in greece decided to put his hand in the air right into a ceiling fan thus cutting his thumb off thus i was beeing covered in the stupid fools blood and having to carry on phewwwww! it goes through me when i think of it ahhhhg!

holy f*#k... are you serious? That's highly disturbing.... and one hell of a ceiling fan.

jon connor
17-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Haha you are funny.

well thats it then dude you may as well end it all fella life is clearly not working for you hahahahahaha! lunatic.

jon connor
17-02-2007, 03:45 PM
holy f*#k... are you serious? That's highly disturbing.... and one hell of a ceiling fan.

hahahah yep mate and the funny thing is my mate who is a plumber had early on in the night fixed the bloody air con then got smashed on sambooka hehehehehe! dont trust dogy electrics in europe hahahahaha! yea and the fan jesus i craped myself wen that happened it could of been his bloody head as he is a tall and lanky sod.

francois
23-02-2007, 11:26 PM
I was doing a gig in the middle of wicklow in Ireland in 1989, when a pile of locals turned up crammed into a hearse, scared the shit out of the ciyty slickers on acid!

Mitzi king
27-02-2007, 12:19 AM
I was doing a gig in the middle of wicklow in Ireland in 1989, when a pile of locals turned up crammed into a hearse, scared the shit out of the ciyty slickers on acid!

HaHa cracker!!!
Where was it in Wicklow, thats where im from

278d7e64a374de26f==