View Full Version : rhythm technologies - toasted ham & cheese

rhythmtech
23-01-2007, 02:27 PM
just tryin something weird with some gated synth loops

any thoughts or suggestions appreciated

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jaskow

stjohn
23-01-2007, 02:44 PM
sounding spot on baz.... weird gated effect sounds funky n cool...
production sounds spot on
:cool:

Si the Sigh
23-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Not listened to the track yet, but from the name is it a remix of Mark Tyler's cheese & ham on No Entry?

Downloading for a listen...

rhythmtech
23-01-2007, 03:11 PM
nah.. its what i was eating when i was trying to think of a name for it :laughing:

dirty_bass
23-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Nice, got to be the best production I`ve heard from you.

I`d say that kick is a little weak in the low end though.
Nice gating on that lead(?) sound.
Good stereo separation in some areas too.

Not my thing style wise, but nicely executed.

Overall it feels a little too grating and digital, and could do with just a little more warmth.
Also there are some bad frequencies in the top end that could be cut in the top end, some around 6k I think. These would be very painful on a rig.

rhythmtech
23-01-2007, 04:16 PM
cheers..

the kick was meant to be that kinda clicky high end kick you sometimes hear on pgv records.. the bass is so big down low that i didnt want to intrude on it to much.. but i think i'll try scooping the bass a little to get more ooomph onto that kick

where do you reckon the bad freqs are coming from? im hearing a little myself in the final mix but when everything is seperated im not really getting them at all..

BRADLEE
23-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Really enjoying this one B. Liked it from the very start to be honest. Especially the gated cold synth that's present. Personally I like that cold heartless feeling it presents...but that's just me. Bass gives the track a nice warmth in my humble opinion, so it's a nice contrast.

Arrangement, edits, and so on are quite fine too. No reason to mess about. Don't fix it if it's not broken right?

Well done my friend. Thanks for sharing.

dirty_bass
23-01-2007, 06:20 PM
cheers..

the kick was meant to be that kinda clicky high end kick you sometimes hear on pgv records.. the bass is so big down low that i didnt want to intrude on it to much.. but i think i'll try scooping the bass a little to get more ooomph onto that kick

where do you reckon the bad freqs are coming from? im hearing a little myself in the final mix but when everything is seperated im not really getting them at all..

I know what you mean by those pgv kicks. they are normally squashed to phuck 808`s. But they have very deep sub on them that comes out on a rig.
I reckon you have plenty of room to give more low end to those kicks without losing that slap effect. and I wouldn`t say you need to scoop that bass at all, you`ve left plenty of room there.

I can run this tune through a spec to isolate the frequncies

but just by ear, I`d say a dip on the mastering EQ at around 6-8k followed by a compensatory boost at 250 should cut some of the harshness and add a little warmth.

278d7e64a374de26f==