PDA

View Full Version : semi final first leg - spurs v arse tonight

lukekendall
24-01-2007, 08:20 AM
i think if lennon is fit we could win this one, we look a bit predictable with out him on the flanks, ill go for a 3.2 spurs win, i expect a few to leak in as we really miss king, he is a massive player for us! and we do bang the goals in at the lane !

xes
24-01-2007, 08:37 AM
i think if lennon is fit we could win this one, we look a bit predictable with out him on the flanks, ill go for a 3.2 spurs win, i expect a few to leak in as we really miss king, he is a massive player for us! and we do bang the goals in at the lane !

naah,I think they'll do us. Either that or it'll be a draw tonight,and then stuff us on the return game. As much as i hate it,the scum are on top form at the moment. And we're not.

Esox Lucius
24-01-2007, 10:09 AM
come on the spurs.

Esox Lucius
24-01-2007, 10:10 AM
lets hope theres no lasagne on the menu today

Insomnia
24-01-2007, 10:22 AM
Tough game for the arse but think we'll win 3-1...

Will
24-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Yeah, that's nearer the mark I reckon!

xes
24-01-2007, 08:03 PM
*pours a large Jack Daniels into a glass,over some ice*

COYS!!

xes
24-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Great first half,but we lost the spark when Berbatov went off. Keane off,Mido in IMO. Keane's not been great,maybe Mido links up better with him over Defoe though.

F*cking hope we can keep this pace up for another 45.

DJsmallpaul
24-01-2007, 09:31 PM
C'mon spurs !

xes
24-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Is my roof leaking,or did we get pissed all over in the second half?

threw it away again. How many f*cking times do we have to do that before we f*cking learn.

Will
24-01-2007, 10:36 PM
It's not a question of learning, it's a question of quality! Our quality was bound to tell in the end!

xes
24-01-2007, 11:10 PM
It's not a question of learning, it's a question of quality! Our quality was bound to tell in the end!

kiss my arse ya smug bastard :cheese:

lukekendall
25-01-2007, 07:45 AM

Not really if berbatov had stayed on it could of been 4.0, you were lucky!! we were all over you and made you look a joke for the first 20 mins then what the **** Jol was doing bringing on keane and playing 4,5,1 ill never know? why he didnt bring Mido of as a direct replacement?? we had no one to hold the ball up so once it was up there defoe was on his own and you broke us down and hit us of the break!!!

cant see us in the final now, we basically have to win at your place and with our away record i cant see it happening!!

Esox Lucius
25-01-2007, 10:54 AM
spurs blew it like, berbatov going off was a cunt, keane didnt do owt. arsenal took advantage in the 2nd half.

Insomnia
25-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Good comeback in the second half and Walcot were unlucky with thet volley at at end, set up nicely for the home game with the away goals and i'm sure wenger will put a few more first teamers on to secure a place in the final... Good on Baptista 6 goals in 2 games 0r 7 if you count the own goal! :laughing:

Will
26-01-2007, 12:57 AM
He should have had another hat trick! He'll have to make sure he doesn't go easy on them in the next game, giving them a 2 goal head start!

Esox Lucius
26-01-2007, 07:45 AM
cracking player the beast like. coming good now.

xes
31-01-2007, 10:51 AM
You're going to batter us tonight,I'm not looking forward to it.:rucrybaby:

Numeric
31-01-2007, 03:01 PM
that kind of defeatist attitude will get you defeated...

xes
31-01-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm a realist,not a defeatististerer.

I shall be wearing black tonight,to signify my loss.

Numeric
31-01-2007, 04:04 PM
:laughing:

c'mon man, have a little faith, if Bolton can hold Arse then surely Spurs can also, just gotta play the right game, kick em about a bit...

xes
31-01-2007, 04:34 PM

c'mon man, have a little faith, if Bolton can hold Arse then surely Spurs can also, just gotta play the right game, kick em about a bit...

I don't like this,a gooner being nice to a spud. You're just trying to build my hopes up so I'm even more distraught tonight. That's a bit mean don't you think. :briggin:

Numeric
31-01-2007, 05:02 PM
who you calling a gooner!!

xes
31-01-2007, 07:32 PM
who you calling a gooner!!

haha,I take it back!! (on another site,someone with a simular name is a gooner. You a spud then? it's so hard to keep track round here :cheese:

COYS!!

LittleMinx
31-01-2007, 07:47 PM
C.mon spurs minxy got faith for ye :cheese:

Richierush
31-01-2007, 08:45 PM
haha,I take it back!! (on another site,someone with a simular name is a gooner. You a spud then? it's so hard to keep track round here :cheese:

COYS!!

he's a dirty manc :grr: :cheese:

xes
31-01-2007, 08:55 PM
he's a dirty manc :grr: :cheese:

*puts Numeric back on the list*

Ready for the 2nd half? Not been a great game so far,bit slow paced compared to last week. The arse have had some confident possession,leaving us to try and attack on the break. Got through a couple of times,but there's nothing spetacular going to happen in this game.

Big Jol should take of Defoe,and bring on Mido. Maybe Zakora off aswell.

xes
31-01-2007, 10:08 PM
OMG,second half of xtra time and we're 1 down. Anything is possible!! Got a VERY drunk next doors wife round too,keeps offerering me lines of coke and slagging of her husband. It's funny as ****.

Arsenal should have put this game to bed ages ago.

Also,I learnt that Robbie Keane has the worst tasting spunk ever!! (apparently)

xes
31-01-2007, 10:13 PM
f*ck'em all to hell :grr:

Numeric
31-01-2007, 10:15 PM
is that it over then? been watchin the United game, notcied that it was extra time at the Emirates, gutted man...

xes
31-01-2007, 10:27 PM
is that it over then? been watchin the United game, notcied that it was extra time at the Emirates, gutted man...

It's over now.

3-1 to Arsenal,a well deserved win IMO. They had massive ammounts of the ball throughout that game. We had about 5 shots on goal all game,very frustrating match to watch from a spud fans POV.

The better team won.

LittleMinx
31-01-2007, 10:32 PM
no way i thought tottenham was gonna win

Insomnia
31-01-2007, 11:36 PM
That'll do nicely bring on the Chelsea!! :cheese:

Numeric
31-01-2007, 11:48 PM
thought you'd be happy with that bud...

where's Will anyway, thought he'd be struttin about by now...

Insomnia
31-01-2007, 11:56 PM
thought you'd be happy with that bud...

where's Will anyway, thought he'd be struttin about by now...

Good question hopefully he's celebrating somewhere! :cheese:

xes
01-02-2007, 08:42 AM
Do you want to know what's worse about being knocked out by the arse last night? The fact that they now face Chel$ki in the final,and I'm going to have to plump for one of them,and I don't want Chelsea to win anything,which means I've got to go for the Arse,but i don't want to do that cos i hate them,but I also hate Chelsea.

My life is in turmoil!!

Esox Lucius
01-02-2007, 09:01 AM
no doubt about it, arse over chelsea anyday, i want to see the chelsea empire fall on it's arse and destruct.

at least arsenal are a proper football club.

Numeric
01-02-2007, 10:05 AM
not sure which team i'd rather win between Chelski and Arse, obviously i have more of a dislike for Chelski, but i'm still smarting from the United defeat a couple of weeks back, and so begrudge Arse any kind of success, maybe by the time of the final i'll feel differently...

Insomnia
01-02-2007, 11:00 AM
The final is going to be tough for sure. Wenger is saying he will stick with the young team, dont get me wrong they can play well but it's Chelsea we're up against here, i won to get this cup in the bag and think we will need our strongest team to do that!

Numeric
01-02-2007, 12:51 PM
yeah man totaly, you need to be at full strength against Chelsea, fair do's if it was a lesser side then ofcourse stick with the youngsters, but as it's another heavyweight you need the big guns out...

Insomnia
01-02-2007, 01:59 PM
yeah man totaly, you need to be at full strength against Chelsea, fair do's if it was a lesser side then ofcourse stick with the youngsters, but as it's another heavyweight you need the big guns out...

Exactly mate, i'm sure he'll realise that'll be the case!!

xes
02-02-2007, 10:13 AM
To be honest,I think he'd to well to go with a young side. The Arsenal youth team has a quality about them,a certain naivity if you will. (allthough that's not the right word,I'm sure) older players are more tactical,these young lads go out and f*cking play a full on game,based more on instinct than a plan. It's refreshing to watch (if they're not playing against you)

Numeric,you wrote.
"yeah man totaly, you need to be at full strength against Chelsea, fair do's if it was a lesser side then ofcourse stick with the youngsters, but as it's another heavyweight you need the big guns out..."

Are you saying that Liverpool are a lesser side? These lads stuffed them good and proper. I think Wenger should field the boys,and i think they've got a good chance to win it.

Numeric
02-02-2007, 10:51 AM
despite Arse's results against Liverpool in the cups...

and despite Liverpool's result against Chelsea a couple of weeks back...

Chelsea have got key players returning, if they get a few wins between now and the final and if they're at full strength to face Arse's youngsters, then i don't give Arse much of a chance, Chelsea will have too much for them...

Insomnia
02-02-2007, 12:03 PM
What wenger is doing here is rewarding the young team for what they have done in the first place by getting us to the final, which is quite right, but he got to remember this is a cup final and it's chelsea were playing. I think the team will be balanced out, hopefully the result will come good!!

Will
02-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Wenger said the most important thing is to win, but he wants to reward the youngsters, so I reckon the best youngsters will play and the rest will be replaced. Denilson's looking rather good I'd say!

278d7e64a374de26f==