PDA

View Full Version : WEMBLEY

DJsmallpaul
26-01-2007, 03:07 PM
****ing amazing !

check the video...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/sol/newsid_6290000/newsid_6292600/6292643.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm

nick_anarchy
26-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Unreal !! cant wait for the 1st game there i can sence the 1st england game we will get beat haha

dan the acid man
26-01-2007, 11:30 PM
yeah its amazing, took em long enough to build it though:laughing:

DJ Asylum
27-01-2007, 02:47 AM
Have to say, very impressive!

DJsmallpaul
27-01-2007, 04:51 AM
Biggest stadium in the world :cheese:

Esox Lucius
27-01-2007, 07:06 AM
safe as, went the old wembley 3 times, quality days out.

nick_anarchy
27-01-2007, 10:19 AM
yeah its amazing, took em long enough to build it though:laughing:

haha init ..

any idea if they said it will be ready for the fa cup final yet ???

Insomnia
27-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Biggest stadium in the world :cheese:

Is it didn't know that mate, looks impressive i have to say, i wish hampden were done up so more could get in, 50 odd thousand aint enough for the national team!! Ibrox and Parkhead hold more than the national stadiun aint right i have to say!!

DJsmallpaul
28-01-2007, 04:28 AM
Is it didn't know that mate, looks impressive i have to say, i wish hampden were done up so more could get in, 50 odd thousand aint enough for the national team!! Ibrox and Parkhead hold more than the national stadiun aint right i have to say!!

Well actually it's the biggest "covered" "all seater" stadium in the world :;

Insomnia
28-01-2007, 04:31 AM
Well actually it's the biggest "covered" "all seater" stadium in the world :;

Nice eh cost abit but well worth it eh!! :cheese:

DJsmallpaul
28-01-2007, 04:49 AM
Aye, i'd love it if we got into playoff's this year & got to Wembley :mrmyagi: seasons been going pete tong latley, to many new faces & no geling going on:whoops:

Insomnia
28-01-2007, 05:12 AM
Aye, i'd love it if we got into playoff's this year & got to Wembley :mrmyagi: seasons been going pete tong latley, to many new faces & no geling going on:whoops:

Yeah will be nice having these games back at wembley, save the fans going through to cardiff, cracking stadium that as well!! :cheese:

DJsmallpaul
28-01-2007, 05:32 AM
Yea never went to the millenium but went to old wembley twice, oncein 88 when i was 8yo we lost what was called the Sherpa Van Trophy to Wolves, don't remember much other than it was a long way to get their & we were high up & it's was big :laughing:

Second time was in 95 & we beat Stockport 2-1 in what is now Leauge 1 & i remember every bit of that & it was amazing, Wembley seemed a lot smaller that time even though their were 50 something thousend on but things do look bigger on tv. I tell you what... if the new stadium can generate as much noise as the old one did were in buisness again cause the millenium stadium seemed to loose a lot of the atmosphere cause it was big but wembley is not as closed in & it covers nearly twice the ground space so we'll soon see:cool:

Insomnia
28-01-2007, 05:38 AM
Yea never went to the millenium but went to old wembley twice, oncein 88 when i was 8yo we lost what was called the Sherpa Van Trophy to Wolves, don't remember much other than it was a long way to get their & we were high up & it's was big :laughing:

Second time was in 95 & we beat Stockport 2-1 in what is now Leauge 1 & i remember every bit of that & it was amazing, Wembley seemed a lot smaller that time even though their were 50 something thousend on but things do look bigger on tv. I tell you what... if the new stadium can generate as much noise as the old one did were in buisness again cause the millenium stadium seemed to loose a lot of the atmosphere cause it was big but wembley is not as closed in & it covers nearly twice the ground space so we'll soon see:cool:

Hampden up here aint what it used to be, they had crowds going back to the 70's holding 115 000 plus, these days it's crap been a few times just not the same though!!

digitalboy
28-01-2007, 07:21 PM
the biggest football staduim in the world used to be the Brazilian Maracana. It was made for 50's World Cup, but i think they reduced it's size over saftey concerns.

Richierush
28-01-2007, 10:01 PM
yeah looks great,hopefully ill get tickets for the first england game there,an if we get tickets at the back its not as bad as old trafford were they look like ants :laughing: an maybe tranmere might get there in the playoffs in a season or 2 cause they aint gona do it this season :laughing: went the old wembly with tranmere 1990 twice,once in 1991,an again in worthy cup final cant remember year,an it needed updatin the seats were shite :cool:

Esox Lucius
29-01-2007, 07:00 AM
aye i went to see rovers in the play offs and when they won the leyland daf cup. also went the see the mighty blues win the fa cup in 95.

278d7e64a374de26f==