PDA

View Full Version : >>> A new Track...

Ned
28-01-2007, 04:24 PM
A new Track for yous

http://www.mediafire.com/?3lnomnjmmbz

judas_beast
30-01-2007, 01:41 AM
First off, totally not my sort of music.

For me, its way to random. No apparant builds or drops, or even structure. Maybe its supposed to be like that, I don't know! I guess its IDM so whatever!!

Some of the synth/percussion parts over the top seem to be a little out of time, again, maybe thats deliberate. I think the kick sounds pretty flat too. I would try and give it a bit more bite.

The track is reasonably loud, and the various elements seem well spaced. But for me, its just too wierd and (sorry!) a bit pretenious.

Feel free to call me a cunt!

robin m
02-02-2007, 12:04 AM
The link seems to be broken... :whoops:

robin m
04-02-2007, 11:44 PM
I liked this myself, though the style's definitely a matter of taste. I don't see that a tune necessarily needs to have 'builds and drops' if the style doesn't call for it, this still kept me engaged and interested without a traditional structure.

Production seems very smooth to me, there are lots of very interesting and well-worked sounds going on in there... a track like this doesn't want the kicks to be overpowering, I thought that they sit with the feel of the tune very neatly the way they are. I thought the stereo field was particularly nicely worked as well.

Having said all that I agree you could get more out of the track (without compromising the feel of it) by tweaking the layout somewhat - personally I'd like a break from the kickdrum at some point. The brief outro without any kicks was one of the most interesting sections of the tune and I was a bit disappointed when it finished instead of coming back in, I reckon there's potential there.

All in all nice work - not everyone's cup of tea, granted, but that's IDM for you ain't it! :)

Ned
05-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Thank for the comments Lads. Yeah I agree the structure does need a lot of work but this was a tune that I did a good while back now and never really got around to finishing it up. thats why I put it up on here to see if I should get it finished.I think I should now .the link will be here for a while if anybody else wants to check it. I will post up the new version when get it done.

Ta

http://www.mediafire.com/?ezcyijmmyjg

Mindful
08-02-2007, 08:05 PM
ned its like a habbit with me and your tracks but cant get link to work mate.

Mindful
08-02-2007, 08:07 PM
First off, totally not my sort of music.

For me, its way to random. No apparant builds or drops, or even structure. Maybe its supposed to be like that, I don't know! I guess its IDM so whatever!!

Some of the synth/percussion parts over the top seem to be a little out of time, again, maybe thats deliberate. I think the kick sounds pretty flat too. I would try and give it a bit more bite.

The track is reasonably loud, and the various elements seem well spaced. But for me, its just too wierd and (sorry!) a bit pretenious.

Feel free to call me a cunt!

god forbid that techno be weird eh? and out of time synths, whatever will these crazy kids do with techno next.

Mindful
13-02-2007, 04:27 PM
sounds wicked this Ned, the perks sound nice and tight here, will check at home to get the full effect, I thought the way it builds was pretty cool myself and the sounds used and rythms are very cool.
I like it alot, very individual.

278d7e64a374de26f==