PDA

View Full Version : music at the minute.

Tiptoe
29-01-2007, 12:05 AM
Tell ya what guys at the minute i'm loving everything. I think the music people are making on the whole at the minute is great. I go on web sites and listen to stuff and i want to buy nearly everything i hear from techno to minimal to electro house its great. Also everything seems to be getting a little tuffer too. Plenty of minimal and electro-house with balls as well as techno. Don't know about you lot but i'm stuck for what to play lately. Hour sets just aren't enough when you've got loads of stuff you want to throw in. Might just be me but i've never been more excited about music since i first started going to the orbit. Long may it continue!

dan the acid man
29-01-2007, 12:21 AM
yeah, im the same, spending a fortune, just wish i could afford to buy both mp3 and vinyl.

so much good stuff, i think the hard times have given some people a good kick up the backside

robin m
29-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Totally agree, I'm finding it difficult to decide what to go for when I've got some cash to spluff on records - instead of trawling through loads of filler trying to find something worth having like seemed to be the case a year or so ago.

That's the way it should be :cheese:

prozac
29-01-2007, 01:34 PM
im buying loads too...and discovering loads of nnew music too.

BUT there is a LOT of shit being released...

Martin Dust
29-01-2007, 09:15 PM
2007 is going to be a good year...

eyeswithoutaface
29-01-2007, 09:30 PM
yeah i agree, i have a feeling 2007 is going to bring some top releases

MARK ANXIOUS
29-01-2007, 11:34 PM
recently, i've been feeling that that whole switch for many of those established tribal/swedish/whatever techno artists to minimal has really helped techno. everyone hated it at first, but it seems to have opened techno wide open again. now we have a huge ballpark again - just how it used to be!!!

:)

dubs
30-01-2007, 01:02 AM
After a few years of fairly average output, last year saw consistantly good releases from both old and new producers. This year shapes to be a goodun as well.

Split-Personality
30-01-2007, 08:59 AM
recently, i've been feeling that that whole switch for many of those established tribal/swedish/whatever techno artists to minimal has really helped techno. everyone hated it at first, but it seems to have opened techno wide open again. now we have a huge ballpark again - just how it used to be!!!

:)

I totally agree with this, Minimal has lent itself to a few of the genres and breathed life back into 4/4 as a whole. The only music that is not quite up to scratch at the moment I believe is Tech-House, but that doesnt mean im not gonna give it a good go this weekend at Wiggle in The Comedy Cafe, London.

holotropik
02-02-2007, 08:47 AM
I bought a set of goodyears for my car this year...
....thats how good I feel about it :)

278d7e64a374de26f==