PDA

View Full Version : MC TEABAGS HERBAL HIGHTS

VOMATRON
27-10-2003, 11:07 PM
does anyone know what this album is about? seems kinda strange, i found this on mp3, but i got no idea if the tracklist is even right:

1. chris liberator - 13
2. DJ evolutiuon - metroid
3. tasha killer pussies - redemption
4. drummer with atitude - repent
5. mizbehaviour - camomile moon
6. DJ attitude - twiddles
7. dave the drummer - air guitar
8. professor daniellen - winter trees
9. tasha killer pussies - dark angel
10. dave the drummer - tom's strings

the reason this seems a bit weird to me is hearing chris liberator and dave drummer playing chillout tunes(never heard this before) amongst some bit harder tracks, from artist that i even never heard of...i tried on google but couldnt really find any results of this. can anyone confirm? :eh:

messyfuture
28-10-2003, 01:10 PM
hey man
i have that on cd the track listing is right, its really old i think it must have been released bout '97 not too surewhere the cd is though but the listing is right as far as i can remmeber.

messyfuture
28-10-2003, 01:11 PM
the track by tasha is a monster :twisted:

davethedrummer
02-11-2003, 05:21 PM
wow, i just dug this out the other day! i'm amazed that anyone should have it.
here's the history if you're interested:
mc teabag used to work for club dog ( one of the original acid house/live bands/ crossover psycadelic and hippy clubs in london ) and he was an integral part of my old studio for a while which was being run as a collective, mainly with in house engineers being myself and marshall penn ( dj attitude) and bevan burke
between us and dj derange we coined the name " punishment farm" and with teabag we were aiming to start a label " bag records" it was to be run as a collective with featuring work with various collaborators from the studio:
tasha killer pussies ( now retired as a dj) , gizelle ( yes that gizelle), and dj evolution ( club dogs resident dj)
and of course chris lib who was already running s.u.f. at the time.
all the tracks on this c.d. were enginnered by me or marshall at the p.farm except one which was done by a geezer i never even met.
also if it hadn't of been for chris lib i would've been making ambient music now. in fact i still do make a bit never put it out though. i kind of got into hard techno by accident really.

well anyway of course s.u.f. started to get going . the bag idea fell apart and i bought everyone out of the studio so i could work more regularly.

so that's all that's left of that era apart from 4 12" records we made which were so limited that we hardly had enough copies for ourselves.

there you go, a bit of history of mine (sniff)

davethedrummer
02-11-2003, 05:23 PM
oh yeah all the tracks were made in 95/96
and the cd was released in 96

VOMATRON
02-11-2003, 06:05 PM
wow

thanks for clearing it up d.a.v.e., and for the piece of history...strange how things can change like that...gets you thinking...

id like to hear some more of that stuff, if you one day decide to put it out...your tracks on that album are nice, and the gizelle track too, i like that style

davethedrummer
02-11-2003, 07:08 PM
funny you should mention it
i am in the process of going through my old tracks
and some of them are pretty good
maybe a mail order c.d. or something??
dunno yet, see what happens i s'pose

VOMATRON
02-11-2003, 07:14 PM
yeah sure thing, just post some message when you decide what to do & find time for it, it would be great

daviec
06-11-2003, 07:47 PM
Megadog ran a tent at an outdoor Rezerection one year. That rez was a forerunner to the outdoor mega events we get now. Way ahead of it's time. 20 hours of madness.

The main tent was obviously hardcore. They had bother with the sound in their all night due to environmental health, but the MegaDog arena next door had brought their own sound system and kept it full whack all night. DJ's I'd never heard of played the most mental music I'd heard and I was hooked. Chris, Julian and Aaron Liberator, DJ Evolution and MC Teabag jumping about the stage with black leggings, a black miniskirt and white socks with doc martens. Afterwards I went did a bit of research and found a Stay Up Forever (in Virgin Megastore!) called Rabbit In the Moon. That was me hooked. For a while I bought all the SUF, Cluster, Routemaster, Choci's Choons and various others. A special place in my musical history for the megadog collective. :clap:

I'm pretty sure that was the same event Mr EG played a marathon techno set (10 hours maybe??) in one of the tents. Or maybe that was another event.

RCDocherty
06-11-2003, 11:08 PM
Do you remember Lenny Dee at Event 2?

daviec
07-11-2003, 05:45 PM
I wasn't at Event 2 :cry:

That one with Megadog was the Equinox. Still one of the best events I've been to.

Tobe Cypher23
14-11-2003, 09:24 PM
Anyone going to the Megadog 10/12th Birthday ???(anyone clear this up :doh: ). **** it, it's BACK!!!!!!!!!!

It's on Sat 22nd November @ Manchester Academy... Gonna be a BIIIIIIIG night with a lot of old a new Dogheads there.

Got Ege Bam Yassi Live, Eat Static Live, Aaron Liberator, DJ Evolution and of course the nutter in a dress MC Tea Bag!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

VOMATRON
14-11-2003, 09:27 PM
damn this country...not anything like that is ever gonna happen :cry:

278d7e64a374de26f==