PDA

View Full Version : Sterling Moss

Mucky Beats
01-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Got him on @ nuclear audio in april and have heard so many good things about his 3 dex and 909 sets... but aint seen him myself , for me this is a first bookin a dj i have not pre checked out , but sooo many people recomended him i knew he was a must! If any one has any sets online of him please let me know and in general what do the BOA people think of him?

MangaFish
01-02-2007, 02:22 PM
I thought he was fantastic back when he was first on the scene - though he played acid techno and hardhouse back then.

he's more into his crossover stuff these days i think and i really don't have the patience for that stuff - i'd even rather hear hardhouse than hardhouse crossover techno stuff (which seems to combine the worst of both genres

anyhow - i heard a recent set of his and was a little disapointed. His tracks were dull, the 3 deck mixing was very very sparse (only used for the odd trick) and alot of his trick were either over used or sounded very cheap and nasty. But as i said, that was only the one set and i wouldn't want to form an opinion of his usual standard based upon that alone.

acidguru
01-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Got him on @ nuclear audio in april and have heard so many good things about his 3 dex and 909 sets... but aint seen him myself , for me this is a first bookin a dj i have not pre checked out , but sooo many people recomended him i knew he was a must! If any one has any sets online of him please let me know and in general what do the BOA people think of him?
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W3XMA10C http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5KZQZ4U6 Hope the links work,couldn´t check coz f´n Megaupload only works temporarly here atm

rhythmtech
01-02-2007, 02:50 PM
we're trying to get a date sorted to book him for cork.. probably the most anticipated set all year from our point of view. he sent us a demo recently and it blew me away..

yeah he plays a little bit crossover but he does it with serious style!! he'll blow you away macky!!!!

fatcollective
01-02-2007, 04:22 PM
check him out on myspace, ask him for a mix ya numpty ...promoters these days, i dont know hahaha!! www.myspace.com/djsterlingmoss

only kiddin mackie, but do ya fackin homework first innit hehe!!

Aratron
01-02-2007, 05:58 PM
good racing car driver back in t he day.
must be getting on a bit now tho.
still if the old geezer wants to play some of his old 78s who can complain?

Ms.Rhythm
01-02-2007, 06:19 PM
he dose some amazen re mixes, esp spin me right round and dela soul

MangaFish
01-02-2007, 11:53 PM
good racing car driver back in t he day.
must be getting on a bit now tho.
still if the old geezer wants to play some of his old 78s who can complain?

Different guy. Sterling Moss, the DJ, isn't actually called Sterling Moss in real life. It's just a DJing name.

fatcollective
02-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Different guy. Sterling Moss, the DJ, isn't actually called Sterling Moss in real life. It's just a DJing name.

never

Mucky Beats
02-02-2007, 11:00 AM
check him out on myspace, ask him for a mix ya numpty ...promoters these days, i dont know hahaha!! www.myspace.com/djsterlingmoss

only kiddin mackie, but do ya fackin homework first innit hehe!!

ha ha ha.. i always do my homework teachers pet me ste!already got his myspace bud. i had herd a mix of his but just the one online, its just not the same as attually seeing someone live is it or hearing loads of there mixes. am just trying to get a feel for how the techno community feel bout him as i see him on alot of hard dance line ups but not as many techno...this said he plays banging techno sets from what i hear, looking forward to it!

fatcollective
02-02-2007, 11:21 AM
ha ha ha.. i always do my homework teachers pet me ste!already got his myspace bud. i had herd a mix of his but just the one online, its just not the same as attually seeing someone live is it or hearing loads of there mixes. am just trying to get a feel for how the techno community feel bout him as i see him on alot of hard dance line ups but not as many techno...this said he plays banging techno sets from what i hear, looking forward to it!

3 decks and a 909...sounds pretty interesting to me!!

Mucky Beats
02-02-2007, 11:40 AM
3 decks and a 909...sounds pretty interesting to me!!

deffo man also uses fx unit really sounds like one to watch init

fatcollective
02-02-2007, 11:49 AM

innit, but dont stare at him, he might get paranoid hehehe!!

Mucky Beats
02-02-2007, 12:57 PM
innit, but dont stare at him, he might get paranoid hehehe!!

hehe

tOM B
02-02-2007, 02:53 PM
i've seen him but it was a fair few years ago, he was really really good though. Was gonna book him for medicine a while back but we got calver instead - not that we were dissapointed. I'd really love to see him again so will try and head over :cheese:

MangaFish
02-02-2007, 09:33 PM
never

piss off

MangaFish
02-02-2007, 09:36 PM

tbh the gig of his i heard he really didn't make much use of the 3rd deck, FX unit or 909. It was basically just 2 deck mixing with a few extras occationally thrown in. nowt special.

but as i said before - it might have been an off day (though you have to question why he would record it and allow it to be posted online)

Jak
03-02-2007, 12:41 AM
apparently he's playing in Portland this Saturday night, If I can make it out I'll report back.......

Aratron
03-02-2007, 01:41 AM
he dose some amazen re mixes, esp spin me right round and dela soul

i've got some of his earlier stuff, sounds a bit old fashioned though these days

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-1/1134856/stirling_moss.jpg

fils_here
03-02-2007, 03:39 PM
never

:laughing: :;

fils_here
03-02-2007, 03:40 PM
i've seen him but it was a fair few years ago, he was really really good though. Was gonna book him for medicine a while back but we got calver instead - not that we were dissapointed. I'd really love to see him again so will try and head over :cheese:

we sure did :grr: :cool:

MangaFish
04-02-2007, 02:41 PM
:laughing: :;

I knew you were taking the piss, however not everyone is as well informed as you.

stupid me for actually want to contribute something intelligent to this thread rather than padding it out with mindless drivel

Jak
06-02-2007, 05:41 PM
apparently he's playing in Portland this Saturday night, If I can make it out I'll report back.......

well..... I didn't go, because I spoke to him on myspace and he said he was going to be playing house and breaks. Unfortunately my good city has given many DJs the impression that we are too big of sissies to handle the techno. Well, it's not always true... however at the venue he was playing at I fear he could be right. argh, it just kills me to hear this kind of thing. Although I will stand by my sentiments that if a Dj really has the skills and good stage presence it hardly matters what style of edm they play (I'm going to exclude hardcore from this statement, sorry!!). I'm sure Mr. moss could have ripped it with techno but we'll have to wait till next time.

dan the acid man
06-02-2007, 06:37 PM
I knew you were taking the piss, however not everyone is as well informed as you.

stupid me for actually want to contribute something intelligent to this thread rather than padding it out with mindless drivel

a bit of humour isn't drivel, tends to lighten the posts a little from all the seriousness

Aratron
06-02-2007, 06:55 PM
a bit of humour isn't drivel, tends to lighten the posts a little from all the seriousness

innit

278d7e64a374de26f==