PDA

View Full Version : Gayle San & Cold Dust@joy,mintclub Leeds!

tots
02-02-2007, 06:58 PM
JOY @ The Mint Club, Leeds
Saturday 31st March
&
Bank holiday Sunday 8th April

Back with our first event of 2007, We have a new venue for the techno events.
These parties will be fully focused on nothing but a blend of proper techno and Electronic music with some great guests booked for the year.

The Mint club, Leeds, will need no introduction to the more discerning clubber.
Having held some great events over the years it’s now been further improved with an awesome Funktion 1 sound system.

SATURDAY 31st MARCH

GAYLE SAN
MARK TURNER
KELLS&TOTS
MISSPERCEPTION (Live)
CAINE BROWN

GAYLE SAN:
Her reputation for her 3 decks mixing skills and dj sets spread like wildfire over the techno centres of Europe, most notably a residency once a month at the legendary Omen club in Frankfurt.
Other European and American dates have included some of the most underground clubs in the world, from playing at high profile parties for Prince,Chaka Khan and Kylie minogue to name a few, to playing clubs like Bionic in Detroit, Pure Pleasure parties in Chicago, Soma in Montreal, Twilo in New York, Zouk Club in Singapore, Florida 135 in Spain, Fuse Club in Belgium,M47 in Hungary and many more all over Europe ,South America and the U.S.A. In 2000 she was voted number 6. of the most popular international DJs in Germany. Remaining in the top ten list has been a regularity ever since. In regards to the massive competition of the worlds DJs,and to be the only female dj in the top ten, it was an honor of her hard work in the last years.

DJing has naturally led to various studio work and starting her own label Equator. Gayle has developed a sound that takes the intelligent beats of the underground, funky/hard/groove techno sound mixed with her very own style.

This will be the first time Gayle has been in the Leeds area since her days of playing at the legendary Orbit in Morley.

For her full biography see www.myspace.co./gaylesan

For Mark turner : www.myspace.com/playerrecords
Missperception: www.myspace.com/missperception06
Caine Brown:www.myspace.com/cainebrown

us/www.joyevents.co.uk

BANK HOLIDAY SUNDAY 8TH APRIL

A week later we are back with yet another exclusive.
Jon Nuccle and Mike Humphries team up once again to form the great COLD DUST and will be performing a 2 hour live set.
This is the first time they will have played together as Cold Dust since the Orbit.

COLD DUST – LIVE(NUCCLE,HUMPHRIES)
JON DA SILVA
KELLS & TOTS
I.D

Nuccle: www.myspace.com/nuccle
Mike Humphries: www.myspace.com/mikehumphries
Jon Da Silva: www.myspace.com/thevirgohifi

Info for all events:07866 542640

Doors open 10pm till 6am

Admission; £10

Frank Dogshit
02-02-2007, 07:37 PM
nice lineups indeedy.

real techno biz!

fils_here
03-02-2007, 03:32 PM
gayle san eh, wicked, might pop along to this like.

tots
09-02-2007, 02:33 PM
check the myspace links above,cause these dj's are bangin some seriously good techno out at the minute.

Microdot
28-02-2007, 01:00 AM
cold dust page is:- http://www.myspace.com/colddust909

tots
03-03-2007, 12:04 PM
cold dust page is:- http://www.myspace.com/colddust909Thanks,ill blog the link on my page.

Kells
05-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Here is the flyer and a couple of snaps of Gayle :)

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1469/joyflyerfeb07biglo5.gif

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/7655/joyflyerfeb07bbigli6.gif

http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/7519/gayle1ur2.jpg

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9982/gayle2ti8.jpg

www.myspace.com/joy_kells

neko
06-03-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm coming down for the Gayle San one for my birthday pounding session :)

neko
06-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Any information on local hotels would be greatly appreciated.
I want one thats within walking distance of the club, not too harsh on the pocket but not too skanky either!
Not familiar with Leeds so I have no idea which hotel to book.

Kells
06-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Any information on local hotels would be greatly appreciated.
I want one thats within walking distance of the club, not too harsh on the pocket but not too skanky either!
Not familiar with Leeds so I have no idea which hotel to book.

ok mate ill get a list sorted in the next day or so for you, theirs soo many...:)

neko
07-03-2007, 05:17 PM
ok mate ill get a list sorted in the next day or so for you, theirs soo many...:)

nice one, i've been looking at loads of hotels but i have no idea where they are in relation to the club!

Kells
07-03-2007, 05:43 PM
nice one, i've been looking at loads of hotels but i have no idea where they are in relation to the club!

ill get somthing sorted for u tonight, Mint club is in the centre of leeds btw, at the top of briggate which is the main street through the city centre.
I know for a fact their is a hotel about 1 minute away from the club but i cant remember the name of it, ill look into it as i know its not expensive

Kells
07-03-2007, 09:24 PM

this is very close to the club, about a 1 min walk if that

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/323/LeedsVicarLane

Its a travelodge so i guess it will be pretty cheep although iv never stayed their

see what u think

tots
15-03-2007, 09:19 PM
this is very close to the club, about a 1 min walk if that

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/323/LeedsVicarLane

Its a travelodge so i guess it will be pretty cheep although iv never stayed their

see what u thinkThe hotel near the mint is called malmaison!That ones a bit pricey,i think bewleys is fairley priced and a nice hotel to boot!

Kells
15-03-2007, 10:18 PM
the one iv left the link for is travellodge, tots its the one across from luigis shop close to where we park the car on a saturday:)
this is about a 10 second walk from thje club

tots
15-03-2007, 10:30 PM
the one iv left the link for is travellodge, tots its the one across from luigis shop close to where we park the car on a saturday:)
this is about a 10 second walk from thje clubIt must have only just changed to travel lodge,i looked in my notes from when i was booking digs for our guests last year and it was a mal maison dood,sorry for any confusion caused......

Kells
15-03-2007, 10:35 PM
It must have only just changed to travel lodge,i looked in my notes from when i was booking digs for our guests last year and it was a mal maison dood,sorry for any confusion caused......

haha your notes, get the filo fax at the ready:)

tots
17-03-2007, 09:25 AM
Just a heads up for peeps who would like to come to both the gayle san and cold dust events,we will be giving out a card on entry to the club that enables you to get in for 6 nuggets the following week.

If you cant make the san event just txt your names to the number at the bottom of the flyer and we'll bang you on the paying g list for 8!

seamus
20-03-2007, 09:54 PM
there is a hotel very near the mint called 'central hotel' which i stayed in about 5 years ago which is pretty good and reasonably priced. biggest advantage is, it's literally 2 mins from the club!

tots
28-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Just a heads up to say if anyone wants gauranteed entry to joy for the next two events,txt GAYLE SAN,for this weekend! COLD DUST,for easter weekend and BOTH if your coming to the two events,follow with full names please to 07921 705800

Kells
07-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Hello people, right following the absolute belting event last week with Gayle san. i understand some people may not be able to afford two events on the trot, so seen as we did good last week i can offer £6 entry to see Cold Dust this Bank Holiday sunday, anyone who wants to be included on the list just needs to PM me your full names and how many you are coming with

A bloody bargain :)

Kells
09-04-2007, 10:20 PM
What an amazing night it was with Cold Dust, thanx to anyone that came to make it a absolute belter

the full event was recorded so ill upload the mix's as and when i get the chance

:)

278d7e64a374de26f==