PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool bought.

digitalboy
06-02-2007, 08:10 PM
sorry, this is proberly old news to you guys, but i'm bored.:)

seems like you can't get anywhere in football now, without the backing of million/billionaires. Everyone's looking for huge backers.

oh well, i hope the smaller clubs don't get left behind, cause there might end up being a huge gulf of class and money between 3 or 4 clubs, and the rest of the chasing pack.

just a thought. (if it makes any sense) :cheese:

prozac
06-02-2007, 08:15 PM
i agree entirely. But i believe that gulf already exists. In every country, not just england. Its always the same 2-3 clubs that win titles and that are in the CL. Almost no surprises anymore.
Hopefully Platini can help sort this out cause Johannsen was a fool.....

Insomnia
06-02-2007, 09:22 PM
Hope no one takes over Arsenal i feel were doing fine without that offer for now.. :cheese:

digitalboy
06-02-2007, 10:31 PM
It was when i was watching the report on Notts Forest. I can't remember all of what it was about, but i can remember when Notts forest were well quality. I think it was when Brian Clough had them.

Not that i'm a forest fan, but they were saying how difficult it would be to replicate those achievements nowdays.

Being a scot, i would be a bit like aberdeen trying to get back to there glory days.

Ahh the sweet 80's. :content:

Insomnia
06-02-2007, 10:46 PM
It was when i was watching the report on Notts Forest. I can't remember all of what it was about, but i can remember when Notts forest were well quality. I think it was when Brian Clough had them.

Not that i'm a forest fan, but they were saying how difficult it would be to replicate those achievements nowdays.

Being a scot, i would be a bit like aberdeen trying to get back to there glory days.

Ahh the sweet 80's. :content:

I'm a aberdeen fan mate, used to go to alot of their games like, would love to see them do better but doing alot better this season apart from the cups!

Will
06-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Arsenal are now the only top club without a foreign owner, quite a sad state of affairs, I certainly hope we never sell out like that.

Insomnia
06-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Arsenal are now the only top club without a foreign owner, quite a sad state of affairs, I certainly hope we never sell out like that.

Total man hope the day never comes!

basslinejunkie
apparently he isnt mr gillette at all,everyone just assumes he is.and he isnt that rich either,estimated wealth-450million.im a bit owrried to be honest.atleast with the saudis they had cash to burn so we couldnt fail.sad to speak about only cash,but that is what it takes to be succesfull nowadays.

Will
It's disappointing no Liverpool fans seem to mind, at least some Man U fans were against a takeover, I expected better. All most fans seem to care about is success now, at any cost.

basslinejunkie
06-02-2007, 11:38 PM
coz were realists.we need the cash to compete,simple as that.

Esox Lucius
07-02-2007, 08:11 AM
kopites keeping quiet i see.

the stick they gave the mancs when they had an american takeover! :laughing:

anfield red sox :laughing:

french_og
07-02-2007, 08:24 AM
They should of sold to the guys from Dubai - they would of had a bottomless pitt to pump into the club.

DJ RE:HAB
07-02-2007, 08:51 AM
It's disappointing no Liverpool fans seem to mind, at least some Man U fans were against a takeover, I expected better. All most fans seem to care about is success now, at any cost.

Well unlike Glazer these two have not put the club in any debt at all.
They have bought it outright without borrowing any money.

I think youll find the reason for all the scums winging and that shitty other non league club they set up was for the fact that Glazer had borrowed on the Scum UFC name and plummeted the club in 850m worth of debt.

I think if i remember rightly your fans were worried about ticket prices and franchise prices shooting through roof.

Numeric
07-02-2007, 11:43 AM
'tis quite funny that the Kopites have been bought by Americans, no more USA chants when United face them anymore...

:laughing:

just hope Rafa continues to buy loads of s**t players and wastes all the cash he gets...

278d7e64a374de26f==