PDA

View Full Version : primate 100 project

rhythmtech
07-02-2007, 08:02 AM
hi All,

May 2007 See's The Release Of The 100th Release On The Full Primate Label (prefix Prmt...)

This Release Is A Multi Vinyl, Plus Cd Album Release, Featuring New And Exclusive Material From Some Of Primate's Hottest Producers, Both Old And New.

Artists Already Confirmed For This Release Include Marco Bailey, Cristian Varela, Paul Mac, Ignition Technician, Felipe & Nicolas Bacher, Killian, Tcp, Axel Karakasis, Spiros Kaloumenos, Ade Fenton, And Label Boss John Warwick.

For A Unique Opportunity To Feature One Of Your Own Productions On This Project, As Well As Becoming One Of The Acclaimed 'primate Artists', Please Submit Material You Wish To Be Considered, On Cd Only (not Links, Mp3's Or Any Other Formats), And Please, Only 1 Track Per Artist, Per Cd, To The Following Address;

Primate 100 Project,
C/o
Pro-active Music Ltd,
1a Central Road,
Dartford,
Kent,
England,
Da1 5bg.

Closing Date To Receive For Consideration Will Be Friday 9th March 2007.

We Look Forward To Receiving Your Music.

Help Keep Vinyl Alive,

Peace

John Primate.

t-dj
07-02-2007, 11:45 AM
from Discogs:
"To newcomers just discovering modern techno, this label provides accessable and often easy to find releases, which are also quite easy to mix with.
The double packs are in fact almost purpose made for this, with tracks matching each other snugly, and on one release I have, the B and C sides are the the same BPM.

However, as you hear more work from artists featured on this label, you will find they have often released better material elsewhere. Some of my favourite artists have released 12"'s on primate, but its certainly not my favourite work of theirs and in some cases its their worst.

Also as you hear more techno in general the novelty of the sound (where you love everything because its new to you) wears off and you start getting picky.

Finally its about variety and depth. A lot of the stuff here is simple and lacks depth, and the focus tends to be quite narrow. When artists release on primate, its always the same kind of track. You generally know what your getting, but this predictability over hundreds of releases is also the labels main downfall."

-->pretty much sums it up for me

Mediocre pressing (MPO) technically many times ruined a potentially good cut
Paul Mac - the master of "compression to dead" (see Chris McCormack very good article on BOA http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/content/view/8/29 )...one of the main artists...

Primate 19 (Drumcode 1 remix by Slater) is the only one I still play of the few I got.

rhythmtech
07-02-2007, 11:53 AM
very narrow minded view of a label that has produced a few absolute gems thru the years.

t-dj
07-02-2007, 12:01 PM
I am by no means narrow minded - I have played a lot of these tracks but if you play out regularly in clubs you may notice some truth to the arguments stated. Prime Distribution has filed bankruptcy in a criminal fashion and left many people without money, but hey thats another story right ;-)

rhythmtech
07-02-2007, 12:03 PM
i've no idea if you're narrow minded or not, im just commenting on what you've copied over from discogs so keep your knickers on.

this thread isnt intended as a discussion on how good/bad primate is as a label... im just posting it for other producers on the board who might be interested. so if you want to get into that why not start a thread called "i dont like primate because..."

i've been playing out very regularly for a long long time m8 and to this day i'll still pull out the odd primate track.. and whatever happened with prime really has no consequence on the music.

DannyBlack
07-02-2007, 12:23 PM
i love the primate stuff, i have a lot of their first pressed coloured 12"s and a few of the non coloured ones.
i have to say that they are one of the best record labels around boasting some of the best releases i havwe ever heard.
i personally look forward to the 100 release and will be happy to mix the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit outta it!

Siege
07-02-2007, 04:57 PM
yeah...some top releases on primate over the years.

DannyBlack
07-02-2007, 05:11 PM
like mauro piccoto's

new time, new place & codebreaker... i likes that one a lot. it was one of the first records i ever mixed.

The Overfiend
07-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Cards On The Table

Nuff Said.

BRADLEE
07-02-2007, 06:00 PM
well then it looks like I actually need to post out a cd then huh?

DannyBlack
07-02-2007, 06:02 PM
well then it looks like I actually need to post out a cd then huh?

i'l take one!

BRADLEE
07-02-2007, 07:12 PM
i'l take one!

Gladly mate. Just give me your addy and I'll post you one.

eyeswithoutaface
07-02-2007, 09:01 PM
anyone else having a pop at this? might throw my hat into the ring

loopdon
07-02-2007, 09:13 PM
sounds nice. got a fair few primates.

i like the simpler and functional arrangements on lots of them. functional.

i think i will have a go, should have a listen to recent ones from them though because my record-buying orgies are long over.

who's in?

eyeswithoutaface
07-02-2007, 09:20 PM
yeah time permitting il have a go, might start something fresh tommorow havent really got anything suitable that im working on currently

BRADLEE
07-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Yeah I'm in. Might start something fresh or send them one I've alreayd got. Who knows, like Martin I need to listen to their most recent stuff. Then I can determine what will be best.

The Overfiend
08-02-2007, 01:27 AM
One track each eh..........

Clit Commander
08-02-2007, 04:55 AM
I don't know why Primate was always viewed as the flagship label. Primevil was a f*cking mint label up until the last few years. The Mole is still a classic in my eyes. Swedish stuff in top form.

Siege
08-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Il have a bash..not really got anything suitable and havent got time to write something fresh,but il send something ive already done anyway..f*ck it

davethedrummer
09-02-2007, 01:31 AM
Il have a bash..not really got anything suitable and havent got time to write something fresh,but il send something ive already done anyway..f*ck it

thats what i'm doing
they'll hate it anyway

justin schumacher
09-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Cards On The Table

Nuff Said.

the whole album is insane, but the title track is like the epitome of a dancefloor banger in my eyes. def in my top ten of all time.

The Overfiend
25-02-2007, 01:47 AM
Yo Brad, David
Seed
Thinking what I am?

audioinjection
27-02-2007, 12:26 AM
Yo Brad, David
Seed
Thinking what I am?

fo sho g!!

BRADLEE
27-02-2007, 12:31 AM
fo sho g!!

I'm down too. Let's ship it out guys!!!!

stjohn
27-02-2007, 02:34 AM
see Chris McCormack very good article on BOA http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/content/view/8/29 )...one of the main artists...
t.

cheers for that, missed it!!

278d7e64a374de26f==